Police complaint of going commando

Comments

• if this is genuine and the police had a word with you.......if you were unhappy.surely then the best way would be to have achat with your community police officer and see exactly what the problem is ..........paying a pile of money to a solicitor to pursue seems a bit excessive to me........what do you think the solicitor can do ......I take it the police just mentioned they had had a complaint and asked if you could try and do something to reduce the problem just so that everyone could be happy........

i take it you weren't arrested and put in stocks overnight........if its not just a wind up then it sounds like you are making a mountain out of a molehill.........i am half expecting to hear that this is on the front page of one of the daily rags tomorrow.......

• Unfortunate turn of phrase there madmickie!

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭
    Marc Stokes wrote (see)
    Kryten wrote (see)

To avoid anyone seeing your floppiness, next time you run make sure you have an erection.

with what this guy must be packin' that could be dangerous if he trips, pole vaulting down the road.

Well the other option appears to be running around like a scaletrix car!

• or at least on page 3 of the daily mail

• Absolutely ridiculous story. If everything is contained then the police are wasting both your and their time and should have their wrists slapped for doing so. I don't recall any of our top athletes being sued for having bulging shorts on liveTV, so how is this different in any way from that. Personally I would tell the police to stick it.

• Did anyone see any photos of Prince Andrew on the steps of the church after the Thanksgiving service yesterday? 'One' wonders if he's going to get in trouble too image

I was amazed at Emmy's story and OP I'd be taking the police's warning properly.

• @madmickie & IKFY, exactly! at the same time that I jog I see other runners, males, going topless which I don't. I see men urinating in public in bushes which nobody complains about. And if I looked, I'm sure I'd see every man's flappy bits - if I looked. So the question for me is why are the complaints against me? Personally I thoroughly enjoy seeing women running, flapping or not. I am not exposed in anyway and wear what everyone else wears.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Shane, do you know if it was one person complaining or several?

• As far as the police told me it was several. Being there is only ever 5-6 people I see out at that time can't be more than a couple. Most are over 50 and I'm suprised they can see my bits as I run by..

• ShaneShane wrote (see)

As far as the police told me it was several. Being there is only ever 5-6 people I see out at that time can't be more than a couple. Most are over 50 and I'm suprised they can see my bits as I run by..

So all over 50's are blind ?

• maybe next time don't wear the white shorts in the rainimage

•  

IKFY wrote (see)

Personally I would tell the police to stick it.

I dont think thats in their Job Description, surely offering Floppy advice is going far enough...

• @Dave: LOL! Sorry not all over 50's are blind, I'm just surprised they observe so much.
  • @seren no: i wouldn't do that, that's asking for troubleimage LOL!
  • ShaneShane wrote (see)
    @Dave: LOL! Sorry not all over 50's are blind, I'm just surprised they observe so much.

blind and less observant............

• or take your hands out of your shorts whilst runningimage

if it was one complaint i might think it was a grudge .but several....the police would have to talk to you......still think its all a wind up because who would have more money than sense to call the lawyers inimage

• @seren: The people that have complained all know each other, I know who it is as the old GIT has stopped talking to me as have his buddies. As you say I think it is personal and he's got his mates to support him....small towns....;(
  • Could you get somebody to video you running and post it on Youtube? Then we can all have a lau.......er pass judgement?

• I've called a solicitor and they've said to start a log of all events incl this one and after a time they'll review it to see if it constitutes Police harassement. I dont want anything to do with the police but if they're going constantly be watching me at 6am for my floppy bits then they'll have to answer to my solicitor next time.
  • @Dan, ha ha you're so funny...NOT!
  • the solicitor is just making money from you................if several people have complained then the police are duty bound to check it out........they know that...unless they arev following you around all day and stopping you .or asmking for a strip search then how on earth can you say its harrassment

• ShaneShane wrote (see)
    I've called a solicitor and they've said to start a log of all events incl this one and after a time they'll review it to see if it constitutes Police harassement. I dont want anything to do with the police but if they're going constantly be watching me at 6am for my floppy bits then they'll have to answer to my solicitor next time.

Love it when a member of the legal profession spots a way to make a fast buck....

• this thread is truly priceless.

Good work.
  • @seren: i think they are following me around, I sometimes see police cars when going in dead end roads where they immediately turn around when they see me. I've often seen them in the morning when running also, and now this. Could be nothing of course, Police just do their job, but when you keep seeing them it seems they're trying to find a reason to have something against me. As I said, it's a small town and some neighbours are funny with us. My real name is not Shane for this reason. In all fairness my solicitors are saying to keep clean and ignore the Police as if I've nothing wrong then....but still the police are answerable for their actions, and so they should be.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Little Ninja wrote (see)
    I was amazed at Emmy's story and OP I'd be taking the police's warning properly.

You'd be suprised what some people call "public decency". My mum completely understood them though and even agreed that they should 'cover themselves if they're on public roads'. She made the difference between what you should wear on a track/sports ground and public highways. I can imagine that if you're 80 years old and see a woman in nothing more than 'underwear' that you'd be shocked... (not like the old days when women dressed respectively... ).

As for me - if I saw floppy Joe running around my local streets I'd think that he was looking for attention or a pervert.

• @dreamtwister: Only dickhead here is you. Who runs with underwear? Do you? Do you get very far without chaffing? I wear shorts with liner sometimes no liner. Search what others wear and you'll find not many men wear underwear under shorts or tights. Only knobs do.....
  • ShaneShane wrote (see)
    @dreamtwister: Only dickhead here is you. Who runs with underwear? Do you? Do you get very far without chaffing? I wear shorts with liner sometimes no liner. Search what others wear and you'll find not many men wear underwear under shorts or tights. Only knobs do.....

I'm blind, not very observant and now I'm a knob...... The sooner you are locked up the better

• Some say......ShaneShane and Sussex Runner have never been seen in the same room...