Good For Age London Marathon 2013

Has anyone received a Good For Age application form yet for next years London Marathon? 

I sent off my proof of identity and marathon certificate weeks ago and haven't received anything yet?

Comments

• Entry forms sent out 13th July 2012 need to be returned by the 27th.

• Thanks Ross - I'll chill!

• Ross - where did you get that date from?  I'm stressing about it too - I thought they were sent in June...

• The proof needs to reach them by the 13th July, they will send the applications out much sooner. Previous years I got it sometime early June but has not got it yet for 2013.

• I too sent my details weeks ago.  Rang them up a week ago and a grumpy telephonist confirmed receipt and said I should get a form in 'a few weeks'.

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭

Glad I'm not the only one thinking about this. Last year I got my form back within a week of sending off the stuff - in early May.  Must have changed their process for this year!

• I was worrying too, having sent my letter a few weeks ago and had no form in the post!
  • It would be great to know when they start being delivered. I will post up here when (if) mine arrives.
  • I just rang to check if they had mine, the lady was very nice, confirmed acceptance and told me that they'd be sending out the forms "soon"...
  • They've started sending out the forms. I got mine this morning.
  • Nice one Dotty1. Will keep my eyes peeled.

• Still haven't got anything yet.

• Mine arrived last Thursday. Hope yours turns up soon!!
  • Still waiting for mine

• Likewise. Trying to be patient, but sent proof of qualification in at the start of May and have the proof of posting and RM tracking says it was delivered.
  • Phoned them today and they've only just started sending men's forms out, and they're going alphabetically by name.

• Not got mine yet and off on holiday shortly for a fortnight...

"Dotty 1" - is your surname early on in the alphabet...?!

• Thomas. Surname starts with letter M. They must have sent the women's forms out first. Fingers crossed it arrives before your holiday but is there someone who could check for mail while you are away?
  • Mine arrived this morning.

• My last name starts with W and it has not yet arrived!
  • Sent 2 letters  - nothing yet in the post and getting stressed- will try phoning

• Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭

I've just rang up: A very helpful person confirmed I'd met the criteria and said it would be sent out now. She also said they were only half way through doing the mens' GFA entries. Must say that I've spoken with London Marathon people a few times over the last 4 years and have never come across anyone who's not been polite and helpful.

• Odeon1085Odeon1085 ✭✭✭
    Not had mine mrB. Better phone tomorrow again...

I am a U though!
  • Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭

Ode: I'm a 'W' so was being a little impatient maybe. Although when I mentioned this to the girl on the  phone she did laugh as if to say, 'don't be silly, of course we're not sorting them alphabetically'.

• I just spoke to someone there and "they are sending them out as we speak and are on M and working through them alphabetically" apparently. She was more than happy to confirm reciept of my proof of qualification using my postcode and said that they'd be out at the end of this week / early next week.

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭

I realised when I got mine why they are taking so long - it's because they write all the envelopes out by hand image

• I have built up an image of the GFA office as being all candle light, quill pens and mounds of paper. Glad its not alphabetical as I'm a 'J' and would have thought they were well past that.

• Im still waiting for mine. im H and still not had anything. i phoned last week and confirmed reciept of my application and said it would be with me soon! image