Options

Its so quite, oh so quiet

Morning all plodders. Can't believe i am the first on today - that'll be because FLR is still on holiday! Well i'm off to work now, didn't manage to get up in time to swim, will try to go later.

Have good days ...

and good plods...

Comments

• Options
    Morning all. Wentto bookmy induction at the Leisurecentre.Continually falling in love with the place, since discovering they have BOTH badmington and basketballcourts, all included in the monthly price. Willgo for a swim later today.
  • Options
    Done my 5 miles....it is gorgeous out there...now for a nice bath...have a great day all....
  • Options
    Oh No forgot to set my alarm, got woken up by my running buddy to see where I was!!
    I walked to work and will have plod lunchtime to make up for it.

Still the boss is away hurrah!
  • Options
    Morning one and all,
    Managed 4 miles on Monday and a half mile swim last night. Hoping for a 5 miler tonight, as long as I don't get called out.
    Weather looks beautiful.

Prozac
  • Options
    Ran to work again this morning - 7 miles. About the same time as yesterday, which is encouraging. Was lovely and sunny but still reasonably cool.

Half marathon on Sunday, so tomorrow will be my last plodding day before that. Hope Sunday is nice and cool!
  • Options
    Morning - planning a plod around 5.30ish today straight after work. Not sure if it'll be cool enough to do it outside (forecast is for 27* here).

Can someone remind me about these past two weeks when i'm moaning about cold and rain in December???
  • Options
    Plodded a couple of slow miles last night to ease slightly achy muscles from Sunday's 10k. I believe the "real" runners call it a recovery run, but it was just a bimble down the lane and back really with a little stop to pick some brambles!

No plodding today but plucking up courage to go to local running club tomorrow night. One of the members lives in the same village as me so at least I'll know someone, although she runs about twice my speed.

Anyone see newspaper articles yesterday about terminal cancer sufferer Jane Tomlinson, who's tackling an Ironman event in spite of constant pain from cancer in 9 parts of her body. Makes me ashamed of grumbling on about sore muscles or running with a cold.
  • Options
    Morning All,

Jill - saw the news about Jane Tomlinson yesterday, does make you humble. The triathlon date is her 3rd anniversary of being diagnosed as terminally ill.

Did hilly golf course run last night in 33:16 acting as tortoise for a couple of hares to run away from then back to.

No exercise today, lots to do but round of golf this evening, which will no doubt involve lots of walking from one side of fairway to other!!

Cannot wait for hols, counting the hors this week!

Keep plodding,

Rascal
  • Options
    Morning all,

Well done all you morning plodders - still have tonnes of respect for those who function in the mornings! - couldn't get out of bed til 7:45 this morning. Oh well I guess I deserved a sleep in after my 5k yesterday. Going to take a few days off now and then tackle some hills and/or intervals - any ideas on a good way to start out? I have the Maidenhead his'n'hers 6k in October which I believe is off road and they describe it as 'undulating' which is a bit scary. Tried a more hilly course the other week and I nearly died - although it was midday and super hot.
  • Options
    Morning,
    I am still recovering from Midhurst 10k on Sunday am. Phew, what a scorcher!I achieved a new PW and had the double humiliation of being lapped by the elite lot and the fact that my mate who was running it as well stopping for a pint and still beating me. However I got round despite my feet swelling and going numb! I think I will stick to winter races from now on!!
  • Options
    ah ha, I've found someone else with the numb feet phenomenon. It took me a while to figure out that my feet had swollen and that was why I lost feeling. Now I tie my shoes so that they feel like they're going to fall off and that seems to work, but its really frustrating if you're having a good run and then you can't feel you toes.

Well done on your race, definitely think its an acheivement just to get round in this weather.
  • Options
    Hello to all plodders and congrats on those of you who have plodded already today and good luck to those plodding tonight.

I will be doing my plod in the real world tonight for the first time as I normally plod on my treadmill. Fitted son's bike with a odometer so he can pace me and then I don't have to worry about leaving him at home 2 problems solved in one, but I just hope I can keep him down to a sane pace!

I'm hoping that being outside will also help as I had to abandon my run on Monday during my 3rd repeat of 8mins run/2 mins walk as my calves tightened and were painful. Fingers crossed I can complete all the repeats tonight.
  • Options
    3TL3TL ✭✭✭
    afternoon plodders. today was a cross-training session, followed by weights, followed by a swim. lurverly. I seem to be exercising everyday now, and it feels pretty
    good.
  • Options
    It is Oh so quiet around here today.....
  • Options
    ....quiet here too. My left ankle has demanded a day of comnplete rest. till tomorrow anyway.
  • Options
    I need to find a good non-weight bearing exercise that I can do whilst I rest my ankle, after last nights race I'm really keen to keep on doing something, but my local pool is a bit on the un-sanitary side (at least if the changing rooms are anything to go by) so swimming is a no-no. Will cycling be ok do you think? My ankle is a shin splint type thing I think, I don't know if cycling or X-trainer will agravate it or not, it doesn't hurt on the X-trainer. Any thoughts? Is it fair to say that if it doesn't hurt its ok to do it?
  • Options
    Afternoon all

Back from very quiet day on the wards. no one seemsto want to have their baby's today - Hurrah!

So am feeling full of beans and will run tonight - promise. you can all tell me off if i don't.
  • Options
    if is doesnt hurt its OK to do it, yes.
    but after a race day you really should rest full on for a day. Put your feet up.
  • Options
    3TL3TL ✭✭✭
    Cycling is very good as it helps strengthen the knees and balance the muscle development you get from running.

You might also consider doing weight bearing, but non impact exercise. Going on a cross trainer is quite a good complementary exercise for runners.

But 9 3/4 is right. Rest. Feel chuffed for the moment.

• Options
    ok, will do. TV and bottle of Shiraz for me tonight! Bike and X-trainer later in the week perhaps and maybe a tentative plod at the weekend.