Weight loss

124»

Comments

• Hi there Linda

Well it seems I am not alone and I am also getting heavier, My thyroid came back normal by the way (shame) not that I want to be ill but would like some explaination, lets see if anyone else could offer us some advice HELP

Lisaimage

• Can I suggest that you take measurements rather than solely relying on the scales too much?

Linda,  at your height I would guess that you're not actually eating enough, bizzarely, so your body is hanging onto what it can for dear life. Do you know what your basal metabolic rate is? Check it out  here . I'm only 5ft 3, 128lbs and I need about 1400 calories per day just to exist (ie: if I didn't get out of bed all day - keeping your internal organs and brain functioning properly) so I would guess that at your height your calorie requirements are more than you're actually eating.

Perhaps also check out the sugar content of some of the things you're eating - bran flakes, cereal bar and yoghurt, as there was some sort of study recently and it was found that lots of supposedly healthy foods actualy have quite high levels of sugar.

• thanks becstar

Will do all those calculations and report back later

Lisa x

• Bloody hell apparently I need 2384 Kcals per day at my current activity levels thats mad ?????
  • Thanks Lisa, & Becstar, i'm coming to the conclusion that its down to probably not enough calories as i've upped the running from when I orginally started dieting, but this might sound daft but having lost weight i worry about eating more incase I put weight on, and yet here I am complaining about  being heavier whilst thinking I am doing all the right things! I suppose really I should be glad that I am fitter which is better than being lighter and unfit! Incidentally I tried the link Becstar, and by body needs 2706 Kcals per day! Goodness knows how I'm going to manage to consume that much! I will investigate the sugar content of what i'm eating too! Think I need to radically look at my diet and maybe try to aim for a consumption of 2200 Kcals per day of the right types of food and see how that goes. Thanks for all the advice.
  • You and me both Linda gonna look at my diet too and see what happens, about to up my running aswell as training for a 10K I bet it would be so much easier to run if I was 3st lighter lol

Linda let me know how you get on

Lisa xxx

• Good luck with the 10K Lisa. I've done a couple of 10ks now, training for the Bristol Half Marathon at the moment. In the process of quitting smoking too! But would still like to shift at least a stone!
  • Oh Good luck with the non smoking I quit 10 months ago used to smoke 20 a day for years it gets easier lol

Lisaimage

• Anyone tried that Lipobind?
  • Non-runnerNon-runner ✭✭✭
    Upping the protein works for me - carbs only/solely for strenuous or endurance exercise, veg, beans, bananas - my revelation was that actually carbs don't have a great deal of nutrition in them in the limited quantities needed for weight-loss, in my view especially grains/cereals are overrated and fruit except berries have been bred nowadays to be pure sugar, so when cutting cals it helped me to make sure that every single thing eaten contributed some essential nutrient otherwise the body will tell you to keep eating until it gets enough nutrition (ever wondered why crappy carbs are so moreish?).  Good luck all anyway, I know from years of yo-yoing how hard it is and I've not fully cracked it yet.
  • Just found this thread, makes VERY interesting reading!  It would appear that I should be eating around the 2200 calorie mark !!!  I have been eating only about 1400-1500 cals. 

I find it really difficult to get my head around the fact that I need to eat more!  Having been conditioned for years that to loose weight you need to cut your calorie count right back! 

I am really depressed about my weight at the moment, I am a good 3 stone overweight - 198lbs on the scales this morning; am 5ft 8ins.  Lugging all that lard around doesnt make running very easy at all!!

• Hi there

I really agree with you I cant get my head around it at all I am 174lbs and only 5th 3 but together we are gonna do it and support each other

Lisaimage

• I think you should do some swimming!

It will take your mind of things and it will make you stress free it will calm your mind. Just a stedy pace front crawl.

It helps!

• hi Weeberseth

the way you calculate your BMR and all sort you must do some calculation in excel is easy, here the instructions:

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Pr

• <!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Locked
  • hi Weeberseth

the way you calculate your BMR and all sort you must do some calculation in excel is easy, here the instructions:

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="

• I hear sucking co ck helps you lose weight, also you have to swallow the semen, tis good image
  • If you burn 1500 kcals a day just existing, and your net kcals have to be greater than 1000 otherwise you go into starvation mode then the recommended kcals of 2000 a day for a woman would be incorrect. Your calculations are wrong I'm afraid qualified Nessie!
  • Pills are bad, don't do them..

If you wish to lose weight do one week of the cabbage soup diet (look on Internet), it's hard to stick to, but it does work.  It's low carb, so you can't train for the week you are on it.  After that do weightwatchers red/green and train on green days.  If you are running longer distances then your body will want to store fat to burn on the next long run.  Just look at how well toned your legs have become and stop worrrying about weight, like age it is just a number.

KK