Advice

Been hobbling around with a tibia stress fracture which I suspect I had for a while since I had stopped running and then eventually went to the Dr in desperation.  What I want to know is this, once I get the all clear (bone scan results Monday), would it be better for me to off road as it were as I will be terrified of it happening again or is this not likely.  Oh and i was only run walking 6mins run 1 min walk x 6 at th time. thanks

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I'd follow the advice of your physio/doctor. After my leg break I was put with a physio for 6 weeks before I could start thinking about running.

• Ah yes good point thanks.  But I was trying to get motivated for the future, really bored.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I honestly wouldnt push it or you'll delay the recovery further. My physio used to give me exercises and made a realistic plan for sports when I first went to see her. She said what would be achievable at x week if i kept to my exercises and didnt push it.

She was right - and it gave me something to look forward to.

I know it's hard right now and you're chomping to get back into sport but take it easy image