Tadley Summer 10k

Hey, thought I'd get some info on the tadley 10k....anyone raced before?  What should I expect?  Thanks

Comments

• Hi Sammy

I've raced this once before, and will be taking part next weekend too.

It's around lovely country lanes, well marshalled (friendly marshalls) and relatively flat - there is one hill at aout 7k or 8k if I remember correctly - not too long though.

• Sammy,

Here's a description of the course from a previous race info sheet (we now have a single sheet for all 3 events each year so there's not room to include this level of detail).

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 9.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';">THE COURSE –<span style="font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 9.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"> is an accurately measured single loop of 10 kilometres along quiet country lanes.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  There are distance markers every 1K.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  The first 2K is flat and the course is then moderately undulating until half-way. The course is then flat until 8.5K at which point there is a short but quite steep climb.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  The rest of the route is flat.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  Please keep to the left at all times unless specifically instructed otherwise by police or marshals.

• Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info really appreciate it!   Andy p what do you mean by friendly marshalls??  Have you come across miserable ones before?

• Welcome. Sorry about all the Word formatting gibberish - should have pasted it as plain textimage

• Last chance to enter online - entries close at midnight tonight - but we will be accepting entries on the day, It looks like we're heading for a really good sized filed this year.

£50 cash prize for a course record.

Men: 31.37

Ladies: 35.53

• Hi Sammy - on tyhe odd occasion I have - yes image

Enjoyed yesterday's event again.  The rain was perfectly timed for me to cool me down.