Another IM question for those in the know...

If you were going to pick one of these and money wasn't an issue which would you do and why?:

IM Austria

IM Switzerland

IM Frankfurt

Challenge Roth

Challenge Barcelona

Comments

• IM Frankfurt - because it was one of the best days of my life.

Roth - because it's high up on my bucket list.

• IM Austria its so stunningly beautiful, its fast

Roth: Has to be done

• Ironholgs - I just did regensburg as a result of reading your book - it was such an amazing day.  Got the bug now though and planning for next year image

• done IMA and IMCH and bike leg on relay at Roth

very little to choose between A and CH - both lovely settings, great swims, superb bike legs, flat runs around the cities. A I would suggest is slightly easier bike course to CH.   Zurich is however easier to get to than Klagenfurt

Roth is iconic but it has a split transition which can be a pain - the bike leg is very quick and has the Solarberg climb which is like a TdF climb with massive crowds cheering you on.  CH has something similar at Heartbreak Hill but not so crowded.

Seen Frankfurt but not competed - and split transition again and a bigger risk of a non-wetsuit swim as the gravel pit gets very warm

heard good things about Barca but not done it so no comment

for me - it's a tough call between A and CH

• IMA as i would like to get one fast time in before retirement...........as long as there was no chaqnce of a non wetsuit swimimage

• Does anybody know how fast IMCH sells out? Want to enter for 2013 and it *appears* you can still register for 2012... does this mean there are spaces? I'm not going to go through the registration process just in case image

• IMCH is slow to sell out these days - I think that's because it has become relatively more expensive than other European IM due to the strength of the SFr

• I'm thinking IM Austria.... do you reckon it'll open just after this year's race finishes or do they leave it a few weeks?

• IMA will open shortly after this one closes and you will need to be quick 'cos it sells out VERY quickly.

EDIT:

from the website

Online registration opens the night between July 2nd and 3rd midnight Central European Time. Registration will close as soon as the IRONMAN Austria 2013 is sold out.

• Thanks for the tip FB, you rock.

God, can't believe I'm about to do it again....

• If you dont get in, come to lanza image
  • You know what? I daren't. I've done the bike leg before and it was awful, when its that windy, I get scared that i'm going to lose control of the bike....