School Sports Day 100 metres

Having finished second to last in my son's school sports day 100 metre Dads' race - I have just realised something I wasn't second last, I was first vet 50!!!

Comments

• Yebbut how far did your garmin say you ran?  Chip or gun time?  And was there a goody bag at the end?

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Powerof10 or it didn't happen.

• What shoes did you wear? Road or trail?

• That's it, look on the bright side. image

I'm sure you'd have had them all had it been over a longer distance? image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

Yebbut how far did your garmin say you ran?  Chip or gun time?  And was there a goody bag at the end?

Did you use an ipod? image

• Forgot to take my three imodium tablets or go through my race routine, garmin didn't pick up a signal, and didn't even get a sticker!!!!

Wore my ordinary shoes which shows Gordon Pirie and Jim Peters were both right - you don't need expensive technical shoes!!! just old plimsolls!!! 

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Did you keep your egg in the spoon?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭

Was it the classic dodgily measured school "100metres" track where 5 or 6 kids got sub 11.

And then got to to a proper track and couldn't break 13 image

I remember doing 4:20 in the long jump as a 10 year old, and then moved to secondary school and never broke it.

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

maybe ask them to put the results in WAVA order? you might found out you won image

• I got third place in the sack race, and got a certificate image (I'm sure I was actually second though; the finish line officials were not on the ball image )

• Not sure I would have managed with an egg or spoon ast that looked quite technical - haven't had an offical time yet - I am sure that it was an accurately measured 100 metres, as Winston in year 6 ran 8.9 seconds and he is quick.

• Wishful thinking!!!!!!!!!!!

• Do you think they would frown if I turned up in my lycra shorts and pulled my spikes on?

Last time I did the Dad's race I was already in 6th place by the B of Bang. I managed to get one or two places back by the end of the 60m. I just needed a few more miles.