Grippy trail shoes that work with orthotics

Can anyone recommend some? I have tried mudclaws but they Are too shallow so they slop with my orthotics in and I have tried them in salomon fellcross but unfortunately they are so narrow that I can't get them to lie flat in them image Anyone got other suggestions of shoes to try, looking for fell worthy grip really?

Comments

• VJ Irocks touie, think X-Talons 212`s with more room and grip....

http://sklep.sx-sport.com/data/gfx/pictures/medium/5/8/385_1.jpg

• I use orthotics with loads of different models of inov8 including mudclaws, but I take the inov8 insole out and then put my orthotics in which I find that really helps... I haven't tried anything except inov8 so can't give you other suggestions. Sorry!

• My Innov-8 Roclite 318's work just fine with mine.  Done two very muddy trail races and climbed Ben Lomond in mine so far image

Brian.

• Do you put your orthotics in the shoe without discarding the innersole?

• I use the insole in all my shoes with the orthotic.

• WRXMANIA wrote (see)

I use the insole in all my shoes with the orthotic.

You must be used to running in shoes that don't fit properly.

• Why?  My podiatrist has seen them in several sets of shoes and said if they won't fit with the insole take them out but most do.

• I take that back - I don't use the insoles in my Asics Gel Cumulus 13's or my Adidas I use for the gym as the insoles are too bulky...

• Same here. I have the same ASICS and if I tried stuffing an orthotic in with the innersole my heel wouldn't be contained by the heel cup, it sits too high up in the shoe. Blisters on the heel if I tried I'm sure.

• Thanks for the suggestions, they lOok good Rowland I haven't heard of those before! eta: looks like you can only get them in mens sizes so thats those ruled out!

I have 3/4 hard insoles so I put them under the shoe insole, bit uncomfy with no insole! image

• touie2 wrote (see)

Thanks for the suggestions, they lOok good Rowland I haven't heard of those before! eta: looks like you can only get them in mens sizes so thats those ruled out!

1) there isn`t a W in Roland .... image

2) VJ Irocks are available in : UK 3-7 (ladies), UK 7.5-12, 13 (men)

• Where from, I could only find one UK stockist selling from size 7 up? Roland image

• Well just in case anyone else has a similar problem I have found that my orthotics fit fine in La Sportiva Crosslite's image