Road running

1235»

Comments

• See previous comment - I don't know Richmond Park, I'm from Glasgow. If you made "fishtail" gestures or rode straight at someone deliberately or followed them on your bike in Glasgow, I am fairly confident of the response you would receive - you might find that medical skills were of more use to you than your debating skills.

And of course a busy main road is not the optimum place to run, nor to cycle for that matter. Doesn't make it illegal, though, and you still need to give way to pedestrians, regardless of whether you like it or not.

Can't believe I've responded again, never mind that you've managed to stretch this pish out to 119 messages now.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Calm down chaps. At least this forum is s safe lace to vent your anger without need for doctors nor solicitors.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    was it a nice drink last night Colin? Stella perhaps?
  • VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Anyway, feel free to vent, my eyes can take it.
  • I love this thread. This Colin guys a joke right?

Back to the point in question - i used to do a lot of cycling and now do a lot of running. As a cyclist i always shout out which side i will pass the runner on. That should give us both time to move to the side eg 'on your left mate'.
    As a runner i think its just common sense to stick to one side whenever possible. Bit if youre out in the middle of a road i think most people would give a warning before approaching so you both have time to move to one side. Its good to see both out on the country  lanes and theres no reason why people cant use it together. I tend not to have much of a problem with cyclists in my area though but i wouldnt let it bother you. Most cyclists  are being friendly enough but its hard to read their tone when they pass so quickly!