Saucony progrid guide 3 v 5?

It seems saucony progrid guide 3 are being phased out as cant get my size on any site. I've been though about 15 pairs as they helped me to overcome a knee problem caused by previous trainers. I've been told best replacement is the progrid guide 5 but would appreciate any views before I invest another 85 quid a pair! Help?

Comments

• You can still get the ProGrid Guide 4 for about £50 online, they are closer to the Guide 3 than the Guide 5 are.

The Guide 5 have an 8mm heel to toe drop rather than the 12mm drop of the Guide 3/4. I have done about 300 miles in my Guide 4s and love them, I haven't tried the Guide 5s but have heard very good things about them.

• Thanks I will take a look at the 4s.
  • Thinking of trying the guide 5 myself. I usually wear the Nike triax but have way overspent on my running budget this year, and have noticed Start fitness are giving away free saucony backpacks with the guide 5 at ??75 with the discount code. As I'm in the market for both shoes and a backpack I might give them a try.
  • Don't get too excited by the free backpack.

It's a pretty basic thing and isn't ideal for running with as it doesn't have a waist strap.
  • Invested in 3 pairs of the 5s and they are fantastic!