Kinesiology tape

Just wondered whether anyone had any experience of using this tape for performance benefits, rather than injury treatment?

I've got my next marathon in October and am trying to reduce my PB from 3:14 to at least sub 3:10 and as close to 3 hours as possible. Hopefully alot of this time will be gained by losing some weight, but wondered whether anyone had experience of using this tape to enhance performance, or reduce fatigue towards the end of a marathon?

Comments

• I think the jury is out on the benefits of it for injuries - but if you believe it works - go for it.

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

as cougs says, if you want to wast...spend your money on trying it that's your call

I read something this week that the inventor of the technique in Japan agreed that he had no proof that it works on injuries - and certainly no trial data to back it up - yet it's been used for over 20 years and many claim that it helps.  placebo effect maybe???

your best bet to get close to sub-3 is to pick the brains of the regulars in the sub-3 thread in Spring Marathon section - there's a lot of collective experience there that will probably help you more than any tape