Cricklade Half-Marathon

I've entered this for the first time this year and very much looking forward to it. Anticipating a good well organised small race. Has anyone got any comments to make on it?

Comments

• i've run both the 10k and half, well organised race with plenty of marshalls. 

• Thanks, I was hoping that would be the case. Now all I need is one of those lovely crisp sunny October mornings.......

• probably be joining you for the half again. certainly was a lovely hot sunny day last year!

• Hope you have a good one.

• agreed   very nice  weather last year   ,  could of done with more water/energy stations

• alan   i parked by the a419 near the playing fields  , away from the route   , only takes 8 mins to walk to the start

• Thats where I parked as well. Gets very busy and congested in and around sports centre. 

Still haven't got round to entering. Should really get my act together.

• I've run it once, and recall that it was just about as flat as it could be. A tiny rise into the village for the final half mile. The finish was on a field, so kind of awkward if you are pushing a full grown Phil in his chair and your name is Mick.

I'm glad that it was nice last year, it was one of the wettest races I recalled.

I wonder if I could enter on the day?

• not sure if you can enter on day, but I know someone upgraded from 10k to half marathon last year.

• The event website says "entries on the day will not be allowed". I am running the 10K and will be Race Referee for the Half Marathon.

• It was a fab race to my memory

hoping to return tomorrow for a second

should be around our 251st HM

Blister is a nice guy really,

• Today, - After a real bad night, and after almost not going at all, due to getting up an hour later than planned - we made our way to Cricklade nr Swindon - for their annual HM,....

a 10k, and HM incorporated, its what i call a small low key small town event ...in actual fact as we found out many years ago, and today proved the same - it is simply a fantastic event, ... in my opinion in every way possible...

we went around steady, i did walk the odd bits, suffering bady from indigestion, and finshed in a nice 2:20 - but then we never intended much else, - ...

previously when we ran it many years ago we clocked just under 2 hours - that was fine then, but i had little intentions of anything like that today - we were just going to enjoy the fabulas countryside etc...

The whole event and out on the course was just fabulas...

our 251st HM ?? umm what ever, quite happy

• hi mick   i saw you at the start   glad you you like liked the race  see you next year