Warminster Forest 10

WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
I have received back my race number for this event (#6), and I am now wondering as to what the course is like.

I am especially wary of the multi-terrain description. How much of the course can be considered to be off road?

Regards Wrinty

Comments

• Hi Wrinty,

I've just got back from a holiday, so it's taken me an extra day to respond to your question - sorry.

The course is on road and good tracks/paths, so you shouldn't be needing 'off road' shoes or boots.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Andrea
  • WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Andrea, what is the topology of the course like?
  • Wrinty,

The course can best be described as hilly.

Did you do the Imber 1/2M here earlier this year? If so, I think you'll find the hills much more gentle, as this route doesn't go up on to the Salisbury plain.

We do much of the route regularly in the summer in the Warminster Runing Club and I'd say it's up-hill about 1/3 of the way. I don't think it's going to be a PB route.

Andrea
  • WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
    Now if I remember rightly back in March, you described the Imber course as being undulating and that was one heck of a tough course. So if you are calling this one hilly then the mind boggles as to the gradients that we will be tackling:-)
  • Hi Wrinty,
    Did it last year and really enjoyed it, infact I am down to do the Bristol but carrying a slight injury (my whole body)so will probably pull out of the Bristol and get back for this one, will keep you posted.
  • I am also doing Bristol and have done so for the last few years and enjoyed the nice flat course. The Warminster 10 however is an unknown for me as it will be my first running of the event. If the Imber Half was anything to go by, then this could well prove to be a bit of a toughy.
  • I have had a good run at Bristol today and managed to get through ten miles well under 65 minutes, so things are looking pretty good for next Sunday.
  • &rea, Thanks to you and your club mates for putting on a most enjoyable race, despite the very hilly first four miles. I recorded a personal worst for ten miles, but still ran well enough over the less mountainous second half of the course to gain 9th place and help Avon Valley Runners to the team prize.

Regards Wrinty
  • Wrinty,

It was great to meet you in person. Thanks for agreeing to post our race results on the Avon Valley site - we hope that the WRC site will be back up and 'running' again soon.

Hope to see you at another local race as soon as my back is better.

Yours,
    Andrea