I have eaten pie tonight

Fray Bentos steak and kidney. With the flaky pastry top. Mashed potatoes and peas. And a little bit of extra Bisto gray.

It was lovely and I feel no guilt.

Comments

• I had steak. Cooked to perfection (i.e. dead) with a side helping of mashed potatoes. I am happy..... although seeing your dinner... i'm jealous image

• Although steak is mighty fine dinner too. Should have been with chunky crinkly-cut chips, mind.

• Fray Bentos pies is my guilty favourite. I may indulge in one myself tomorrow. Over cooked steak is a huge no no for me. If you can't afford good steak that only needs a few minutes to cook then slow cook it and make it tender. Steak as charcoal briquettes is no good to me. And chargrilled? Wtf is that concept? Yuk!!
  • Apple and pear crumble - does that count as a pie?

• And mashed potatoes may be the worlds most underestimated food .
  • or is that under-rated?
  • Lightweight.

Black Rusian

Beer

Lentil soup

Beef stiff ado

Chicken drumsticks

Potatoes roasted in the oven

Giant beans

Grated carrot

Glass of wine

Portion of moussaka

Kataifi

Baklava
  • It's a bit girlie but I suppose it is a pie of sorts. Might let you off with that one.

Edit: that's to OW

• Maybe i should have just edited that when i had the chance.Duh!
  • Mashed potato is one of the greatest comfort foods known to mankind. Add a couple of chunky bangers and some onion gravy ... suuuuuuper!

• image NLR -nah We can all think you're  illiterate.

Puffy - is that one meal ?? image  I can see why you are called Puffy!

• Fray Bentos steak and kidley pudding is better than the pie. image

• Mash and gravy. My pregnancy craving.

• Dolly mixtures and strawberry Ribena = mine.

• I nearly always have a pukey pie in the freezer or fridge. I'm a big fan of Sushi, Indian food, chinese, Thai, Greek, Italian. I like to think I have a wide and sophisticated pallette but I still love a Fray Bentos or a Pukka Pie.
  • OW wrote (see)

Apple and pear crumble - does that count as a pie?

Yummy! I haven't had a crumble in ages...

Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    Over cooked steak is a huge no no for me.

I cannot have undercooked meat.... Hubby always buys good steak because he likes it blue. I've already been called a 'heathen', 'uncultured brit' because of it... in fact in one restaurant in Brussels I was refused service because I asked for it completely cooked. 

In Belgium - they eat their steaks raw.. .this includes a sandwich topping called American - which is literally raw hamburger with seasoning... I gag everytime I see someone eating it.

• OW you have been pregnant? Some funned you?
  • It is one meal but that's not why I am called Puffy.
  • I thought it was cos you are a puff
  • funned????

What is funned?

C'mon tell us why Puffy then?

• polite way of saying fuck-ed
  • Out of interest, why are you called Puffy, Puffy? 

Jambalaya reheat over here, so no cooking just knock up a salad

• Jj wrote (see)

Fray Bentos steak and kidley pudding is better than the pie. image

Heh, my late lamented father always called them steak and kidley.

I do have in my cupboard two puddings by Goblin. Microwave in 90 seconds, must try them soon.

• Muttley - feel no guilt - aren't you in training for the Beerathon?

• Muttley wrote (see)

Heh, my late lamented father always called them steak and kidley.

So did mine. image 

I found some delightful, teeny li'l steak and kidley puds in Tesco - 30p or something. Basically gravy-soaked suet, but sooooo tasty!

• Kidley? Thats what I said Diddle I?
  • Data form Star Trek's only Joke.
  • They must be the Goblin ones I linked to up there. They sound good ... not sure one will be enough though. Two for a quid in my local Tesco.

• No Kate & Sidney pie for us. tonight we had shepherd's pie, made with leftover roast lamb (minced by my own fair hand) and under a thick bed of creamy mashed spuddies. 

• I always make waaay too much mash so I have a load still in the pan ready for tomorrow. I'm already thinking bubble n squeak.