Yorkshire Wolds Half-Marathon

Regulars at the Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon will know that the race takes place as part of the Bishop Wilton Show and this is one of the features of this unique event. Unfortunately the incessant rain over the last few weeks have left the show field waterlogged and so the decision was taken on 16th July to cancel the show. Fortunately there is sufficient firm ground for the half marathon to take place and for the runners to park their cars. We have therefore decided to proceed with the half marathon.

Clearly for many runners, particularly those that attend with friends and family, the lack of the attractions of the show will be a disappointment and that is why I would be grateful if you could manage expectations by sharing this news with runners you know that may be attending.

At present we are working out what we need to source due to the loss of the amenities that come with the show. We expect to be able to offer toilets and refreshments. Please accept my apologies if the facilities are a little more basic than usual, and for the lack of a beer tent.

I have waited before posting the numbers while this decision was pending, but they are now being posted out.

Andrew Farnworth

Race Director

Comments