Subsbriber only events....

If I'm being stupid then I'm being stupid... But what's the point on the events that are listed here on RW events section but are for subscribers only???

I can just go to the event website and look stuff up from there, why do they have to be restricted like that on this site?

Comments

• I've often wondered that myself!  Seems daft.  Maybe RW get money if a subscriber pays for an event entry through RW?

• Hey Elli - probably just a bit of financial blackmail as per UKA and runBritain rankings. (If an event doesn't have a UKA license its results aren't included).  I guess they think that if people perceive that they'll get something for their cash then they might part with it.  All in all though it's the runners that lose out! Silly politics really - harumph image

• I dislike that as well. What if a very small event only has the capacity to have entry through RW because they can't afford to process the payments themselves? Stupid and pointless, get rid of it please!

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Lee the Pea wrote (see)

I've often wondered that myself!  Seems daft.  Maybe RW get money if a subscriber pays for an event entry through RW?

RW do get money if people enter races through RW, so they are cutting off their nose to spite their face by restricting access to subscribers only.

• It's never made sense to me either.  I've come across a couple like that so have googled the event and entered directly on the event website instead.