Enduroman UK 2013

Comments

• Deca Dave wrote (see)

so 7 weeks or so to go - how is everyones training going?

Will be there to support, not compete this year. Looking at the continuous Deca next year though image

I've ordered 20 degree sunshine and no wind or rain for this year..

Have you admitted to that one on the other side as yet or just going about it in a round about way??? ( ie 100 mile runs later this year!! )

I am a possible for the double next year. Have had the chat and I think I'll be ok with it. Just need to get my support crew in order.

Loved it last year but working that weekend this year and it is a long way from where I live so its a no show this time.

Doner how's it going??

• Dave..i noticed on the other side that you are eyeing up the deca.hopefully I will be down for part of the time.......

I am runing out of races to do down there....full, double and half in three years means my options are running out.......

• chilliboy70 wrote (see)

spectatingimage

good idea Chilliimage

• Crikey this is getting close now. Do I need to book camping or do I just turn up? I suppose I could look at the web site but cba right now. 

Ta. 

Doner how's it going??

what training? image tbh i have done a few long swims upto 6.6k but my biking is sadly lacking, i havent even gone over 50 miles this year yet. My take on the running is that after blagging a 232 mile bike ride im going to be walking most of it anyway so i dont need to train in that area. Man flu for the last 2 weeks has left me unable to train although i have just started back with a couple of short runs. 

i got 42 days left to train yet - thatll be plenty - over the next 4 weeks i got 4 long bikes planned including a night ride and a few long runs so i'll be ok, my target of sub 30 hours aint going to happen so im just in it for the laugh and to complete as i dont want to push too hard if im not going to get sub 30 as i got the SDW100 a couple of weeks after and i really want to finish that 

42 days soupy image

Deca Dave wrote (see)

so 7 weeks or so to go - how is everyones training going?

Will be there to support, not compete this year. Looking at the continuous Deca next year though image

I've ordered 20 degree sunshine and no wind or rain for this year..

Have you admitted to that one on the other side as yet or just going about it in a round about way??? ( ie 100 mile runs later this year!! )

I am a possible for the double next year. Have had the chat and I think I'll be ok with it. Just need to get my support crew in order.

I only said I was looking at it  image

• Deca Dave wrote (see)

I only said I was looking at it  image

imageimageimage

• Soupy get the camping booked I would say.

• Take the triple and the quin as a no then imageimage

• Past my capabilities.maybe the 100 miler

• Soupy.

I haven't sorted out accomodation yet...seemed to think it was about 20 for the electric hook up a night..i was thinking on asking how much their rooms were...........I'm staying friday, sat, sunday night......

did you want to look at sharing tents or rooms if its cheaper

• I don't need to book anything do I, if I just want to camp?
  • Seren - quick look at the website, it would appear you need to book a room for 3 nights min stay which is £124 per person!

Camping is £7 pppn, or you could get a tipi for 50 quid!

Prices here

• Doner Kebab wrote (see)
    I don't need to book anything do I, if I just want to camp?

Yep - it does talking about booking the camp site. I was planning to come down Friday to Sunday to shout abuse at you  lot and drink beer....if that's OK image

• the £124 must include all the meals........

£7 a night sounds good.i thought i paid a lot more........maybe because i originally booked for 4 of us and with electric hookup .i will phone..would rather have my own food....

• The 7 quid is for normal camping, with no electric to keep madam's wine cool image

• just phoned and booked........no point in sharing tents when its £7 per person .....the electric hook up was £4 a night so in total just £33 for the three nights.and i can keep the bacon, sausage and beer/wine coolimage

she said I'm in the filed  not the normal electric hookup place in the forest....though i might of misunderstood her as I didn't think they had any electric hookup in the main field.......would rather be in the big field .less chance of flooding image

• Cool - I'll make sure I book for one of the other areas then image

• you won't be able to share my bacon butties then image.or cold beerimage

• I'm really looking forward to it as i can drink and relax friday night and sunday afternoon/ evening

• Just to let you guys know - the "rat run" - the lane that runs down to the turn circle has been retarmaced and is silky smooth.

Was down there this weekend - brought back some memories!

• I'd better get booking a tent slot I think then. image

• just booked my tent space, same as you seren, in a field next to the lake as the other area has no more leccy hook ups left. 

24 days and its getting a bit too real, really need to shift some lard now and do some training 

• I know a few of the names in the frame for a couple of weeks time as in Seren and Doner but is anyone else doing any of the events to look out for in the results??

Hows it going Doner??

• going pretty well tbh chilli , i got in a few long rides, topped out at 130 - it was a hard 130 though, running is pretty solid even if it is a lot slower than what i used to train for, can blame the ultras for that, but on the upside i can run for fecking miles, maybe not after a 232mile bike though. all good endurance.Biked though the night a couple of times,

i ran in the night loads last year and still a few times this year for it to be comfortable/normalised. My swimming is the usual controlled drowning so im not expecting anything too quick there. I have realistically changed what i think im capable of in light of the lack of focused training and will be happy with a 34ish time. A single ironman has a 17 hour cutoff so if i can do double that for double the distance i will chuffed, anything over 36 i wont be so glad.

im quite looking forward to the weeks following tbh, my first 100 miler is a huge milestone for me and to revisit the outlaw will be cool and the thunder run will be an attempt to improve on 100 miles in 24 hours but weather is going to play a hand in that. Next year is going to be mentalimage

• oh chilli if you can hang around for a bit my brother might need a few hours kip if you could stand in for him - nothing too demanding, a bloke that was meant to be crewing for my 100 miler was also meant to be helping with this but he was a waste of time.

is anyone else coming to support/throw food at me ?

• Doner Kebab wrote (see)

oh chilli if you can hang around for a bit my brother might need a few hours kip if you could stand in for him - nothing too demanding, a bloke that was meant to be crewing for my 100 miler was also meant to be helping with this but he was a waste of time.

is anyone else coming to support/throw food at me ?

Doner sorry I'm not going to be there. I would help but I'm working that weekend and it's a long way away for me. Hope you get sorted.Don't hang up on time though. The run is hard particularly if it rains. It's not like running on tarmac in the rain, it gets muddy and slippy and at the climbs in around the tennis court and the woods just passed there it is hard.

Great for support though image