Options

Back!!

I guess there are a few people that join with lots of great intentions post for a week or 2 then go quiet never to be heard of again.

Well for me I realised I was using this forum as a way NOT to run so taking the bit between the mouth I decieded to run instead of logging in.

The results (so far) 

I've lost 2.5 stone and I'm now up to running 50 miles a week!!

I feel that I'm not using this forum as an excuse to shirk my running so hopefully I'll be around a bit more image

I do have one question.... As its still warm in the evenings when I do a long run 10+ miles (Have to admitt I'm still not the fastest) I feel as if I need to carry some water but was wondering 1) what was the best way of carrying it and 2) how to pace the drinking so as not to drink it all in the first 5 miles.

Thanks everyone

cheers

Comments

• Options

Well done; how long did it take you to get the weight off and increase the mileage to 50 mpw?  I've lost a stone (want to lose another stone-and-a-half) and have built upto about 25 mpw.  So, I'm halfway to where you are!

As for water, I only take it if I expect to be out for longer than one-hour, and I just have a small bottle on a belt.  It's a pain to use, so I tend to only use it when I'm feeling thirsty.