Tuesday 31st July 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics:'I've been roaming around, '

Yesterdays lyrics:'Yesterday' by the Beatles.

What:4.5M Steady

Why: Just did it

Nice morning saw dawn breaking over Kilpatrick Hills.

Been watching lots of the Olympics.

Back later.

Comments

• Morning. Wet here and forecast to remain that way.

Well, feel better than yesterday morning if not 100% so will have an easy day and see how I go. Have an appointment with a PT at the gym to look at a short strength programme to improve my pull and hopefully injury proof me a little but that shouldn't be too strenuous.

What:         short, easy run/swim/gym
    Why:          not 100%
    Last hard:   taking the rest day
    Last rest:    30/7

Lyrics - could be.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    LmH - hope you get a positive outcome from the PT for injury prevention
    what - dunno, should be speedwork at the club, but dontr think i'll get home in time, so may do an hour easy run on my own
    why - legs still a little jaded and no need to over do it. Managed 4 and a bit recovery after Sundays long run, but still feel quite heavy
    lyric - not sure

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

What: will be "running" this evening...with lots of walking and stretching
    Why: the next 3 days will be "test" days prior to seeing phys on Friday morning

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Dustin - it's nothing specific but I just think that whilst work is short and I have some extra time I could invest some of it in strengthening work. My glutes aren't great and I have some back problems with my QL and rhomboids, especially if I do a lot of climbing on the bike so I'm hoping he can show me some exercises to support them. What is your next race?

Hope it goes well Alehouse.

It was good to do my little 30 minute run this morning and legs felt very perky - they seem to appreciate these rest days - but I must admit that throat is now feeling a little worse again, still ,shouldn't really tax my system with the PT or in the pool.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

LMH: hope the throat doesn't get worse image. Mine feels a bit dodgy too but I guess that's down to the sudden drop in temperature. It was only 10 degrees this morning. Stupidly I didn't pay attention to the temperature before I left the house. And I was too tired and dazed to go back in and get a jacked or long sleeve top. Thought I would get warm during the run but I didn't really. Brrrr .....

Ale: hope the running goes well

what: 15 mile medium long run d&d
    why: they say these are good for you image
    last hard: trying to get warm
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: yes - that's 3 times in a row this week image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

What: a little test run (5 mins walking, 10 running, 5 walking).

Why: it's what the fizz told me to do.

If I feel my posture is going back to my old ways at any time, I'll stop and walk for a bit before trying again.  Don't want to do any more damage.

1 week to go :S  Getting a bit nervous now.

Job is nearly secured though for 1.5 days a week image

Ale good luck with the "running".

LMH/Chicka sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather image

Have a good day all.

• Chickadeee - my throat has been a weak point since my thyroid went. I'm very glad that I took the rest day yesterday or I think I would have been proper poorly. Hope yours comes to nothing.

emzap - I had to do running rehab like that a few years ago and still constantly check form as I run, it's worth the effort in my experience. Fingers crossed the job and move work out.

PT session was good - he had me doing work on the TRX which highlighted a weakness in the left side of my back. Just hope I can remember how to do the exercises properly.

• Evening

What Nowt
    Why Overslept
    Lyrics yes

Will try and get mopre organised tomorrow.

Currentley 1:0 in under 2 mins Go GB (Better than the men) 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

What: 180/170/160/150/140/130/120 with walk, stretch between each...can hardly be described as recovery as they were so slow!

Be interesting to guage the reaction in the morning, or even the night.

Have enjoyed some of the Olympics today, the women's hockey in particular where conceding three goals probably showed how important the absent captain is to the team.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Today's Olympics were great...in particular Michael Phelps. Not for his historic haul of medals but for the way he dealt with his "snatched from victory" defeat in the mens 200m butterfly. He was gracious in the extreme, a lesson to all, especially the tribal attitude of some sports (football) fans.

Modest in victory, gracious in defeat......thank you, Michael Phelps for reminding us how it should be done.