Rivington Trail Half Marathon

Has anyone rune this race in the past? And if so, what is it like?

I am fairly comfortable running half marathon distance on the flat (that's all there is nearby in South Manchester) but wondered how hilly this race was, and just the general lowdown.

Cheers

Comments

• Well organised  event  The event starts at Blackrod school with a lap of the field before a nice hill climb up a stony track after an equally stony  descent its trail paths with some nice views of the resevoir there are a few short road sections and a couple of fields to cross before the finish back at the school It's a friendly event and makes a nice change from the flatlands of greater manchester .I live in Leigh so i know what you mean 

There is a recce run a few weeks before the event if you would like to see what it's like it's very low key all abilities are welcome and it's organised by a local man Andy Staveley a Salomon runner who brought this great  race to Rivvy. Check the website for details of this David. It's very reasonably priced with a great tech t'shirt as a momento 

I can thouroughly recommend this race 

• Thanks Rip,

I've signed up already, but didn't know about the recce run, I'll keep an eye out, and the make the most out of a few humps of hills nearby.

Cheers

• I am doing the marathon of this, I have read the reviews that say it is hilly but not run it myself, but expecting it to add quite a bit to my marathon PB!