Wednesday 1st August 2012

Morning

Yesterdays lyrics:'Use somebody' by Kings of Leon.

Todays lyrics:Sup up your beer and collect your fags, 

What:4.5M In smiry rain

Why: Habit

Need to catch up

back later

Have a good one.

Comments

• Morning.

I agree entirely about Mr Phelps Tom, he was lovely, relaxed and chatty with young Chad. Chad's dad was funny.

Alehouse - hope the achilles has behaved itself overnight.

What:        run. Inconsultation as to for how long but it will be easy.
    Why:         I'm supposed to be running a marathon in October.
    Last hard:  20/7
    Last rest:   30/7

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all
    Echo Tom's thoughts re Phelps. Super athlete. Waiting for the gold rush to begin on the water today if not Wiggo in the saddle later.
    LmH - might be racing tonight! Open (track) event, which kids want to do, but is unlikely as I'm not sure I can get home and out again in time so mrs D may have to take them. I think I saw an 800 or 1500 on there. Aside from that I'm hoping to do a trail halfM on Sunday, but will depend on kids activities/training as to whether I can make it....

Didnt make yesterdays club session, so did a 6mile  route from home. Despite feeling a bit sluggish to start, chalked off the route in 40.50which included the 8minute first mile w/u. Very pleased with that, just took me an hour to cool off afterwards...
    So today will either be racing on the track (!) or something slow and easy 

Think Wiggins will know todays lyric!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics:no

Yes, I've enjoyed the attitude of the majority of the sports people at the Olympics...but clearly not the badminton players who were a disgrace! Just glad I didn't have tickets! If it had been a crowd with the mentality of some football supporters we witness every week I dread to think what could have happened!

What: is pretty unlikely
    Why: sitting here with my calf in a bucket of very hot water! Had a good night and thought that the leg had coped with last night's running ok: obviously not!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

LMH how's the throat feeling?

Dustin  hope you make the race.

What: short run

Why: testing the hip

Last night went ok.  5 mins walking, 8.5 mins jog with no pain.  Then felt a twinge so walked a bit, and then jogged a bit, then walked 5 mins cool down.  Lots of stretching afterwards and no pain at all image  Going to try another short one tonight to see how it is.  Fingers crossed...

Have a good day all

• Afternoon

What 8 easy commute
    Why not as organised as I would have liked
    Lyrics Possible yes (from a mis spent youth)

Faffed about too much for my planned 10.

Emzap however hard it is take it slow and steady.

• Better thank you emzap. As postie says - easy does it.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Hello:

I've been glued to the Olympics for five days, and just when you start to forget what sport is all about, along comes the men's football....inane commentary (mens road cycling excluded), arguing with officials, cynical gamesmanship (badminton excluded) and more shirt pulling than you get in the judo finals.

Anyway 7 miles steady down to, round Wormwood Scrubs and back....nice!!