Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Neil - I think the procedure for Preferential is that you have to apply in writing, along with evidence of your previous recent sub3 times. Because of this, you have to pay the higher price bracket (although I might have read somewhere that you can now apply for one of the cheap places then mention this when you write in your preferential request).

You get way more space at the start so you can do proper warming up, so it's a nice place to be. Also, it's a heck of a lot easier to use one of the street loos.  The only danger is being over-run by hordes of red pen runners who are trying to overtake the Kenyans before they get to Place de La Concorde!! (and yes, I am implying that there are folk near the front who still don't know how to pace themselves properly and get a bit carried away). image

Anyone seen PF lately? Thinking of you NGUG.

That was a cracking pic of your daughter Kaz. I bet you're incredibly proud of your bairns.

• Options

Feeling a bit more positive tonight! Focusing and planning has that effect.image

• Options

X post TD - Yes I am incredibly proud of them. And I think everyone knows it just now!!imageimage

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Bonsoir...*OK, so I'm milking it a bit...*

Welcome to all the new people. And thank you to all the sub-4 runners who are inspiring us ever-super (?) 4 runners to have another crack at that particular bar...I had lunch with Tartanpimpernel, today, and we can see that interval-training is the way to go. Tart' is off to Washington to do the Marine Corps mara..where, apparently, you now get a running jacket at the Finish. And a Marine image....but you can't take him home.

Paris is looking nice. Start saving, folks.

• Options
    Oh shxt, got a rotten stinking cold. This could put a dent in my hope of pb'ing on Sunday. Doesn't matter if I don't run till then, but need this clear up image
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

TP - Good luck in Washington. Have a great time.

Jimbob - That's a shame. Rest up and fingers crossed it's cleared for your race.

• Options

hmm...am trying to see my details on the aso site but I can't!!  Do you think it's a firefox thing?

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

RS - Is it the "myaccount" section you are trying to view. I've just tried logiing in with Firefox and it was fine*.

*Well by fine I mean designed by a blind monkey, but my details are there!

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Going on awesome website design I better start proof reading my posts, as the edit functionality on here is borked.

• Options

found it...and...the phuckers have left me with the €80 euro entry!!! not the €65 one!!!  GRRRRR!! imageimageimage

• Options
    Weedy - never run the full Edinburgh marathon but I'm a relay veteran and ex-Edinburgh resident do if you need any advice about logistics etc then fire away.

DLR - agree with all your comments. A few extra observations:

Expo - I liked the fact that it was in a sports centre next to the mara start, made it easier to get your bearings the next day.

Travel - I thought the Metro worked OK. We had the added bonus of sharing the trains with all-night clubbers heading home. One of which looked at the masses and said 'is this what happens when you turn 40 - you start running marathons?'. Yeah dude, we're your future image .

Route - agree it was quite dull, but the best bit of the mara was the river section, which was pretty although quite windy.

Results - I thought these were very efficient. Personal results emailed out the same evening, lots of timing mats so lots of split times, easy to search by age group etc, plus some quite funky graphs and graphics.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but I still prefer Paris.
  • Options

Neil - That's what I thought, not easy on b*ggered legs.  As for the gladioli - maybe Dame Edna was in town? image

(That might be another comment which divides the thread by age...like when RR and I thought of Van der Valk when in Amsterdam and nobody else had a clue what we were on about...and now I've got the theme on a loop in my head again...)

Ward - loving your wannabes image

• Options

Took my Amsterdam top out for a little run around Wimbledon tonight, nice to see the legs are working and you're right, the sweat, tears and frustrations of the day have made it that much more special image

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

found it...and...the phuckers have left me with the €80 euro entry!!! not the €65 one!!!  GRRRRR!! imageimageimage

• Options

Can't see that DLR.  I've placated myself with an angry email and booking my accommodation.  hotel princesse caroline here I come!  Went for somewhere near the start/finish again.  I don't do well having to travel to the start (as I discovered in amsterdam). image

• Options

The post above is meant to have Nelson from the Simpsons going ha, ha' and then says 'get 'em sorted Sal'.  Except it doesn't and I can't edit it. image

• Options

I'm hearing it in spirit, DLR.image

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Can't see that DLR.  I've placated myself with an angry email and booking my accommodation.  hotel princesse caroline here I come!  Went for somewhere near the start/finish again.  I don't do well having to travel to the start (as I discovered in amsterdam). image

That looks pretty decent without being extortionate. 

I'm defintely sold on the idea of being near the start/finish - no problems with transport, easier to eat beforehand, home quicker, and no need to use Paris's woeful bag drop.

• Options
    Suzy Martines wrote (see)

Took my Amsterdam top out for a little run around Wimbledon tonight, nice to see the legs are working and you're right, the sweat, tears and frustrations of the day have made it that much more special image

Damn right image

• Options

So Berlin, is there any tips for registering tomorrow at the cheap price? I cannot appear to do it via the pre-registration.

Also, do I go for the Portsmouth Coastal Marathon and complete a third this year, or is that just silly?!!

• Options
    Hi guys , I've signed up for the Paris marathon , I did Edinburgh last year and wanted to do something different this year , I'm such an old romantic , Paris in the spring seemed perfect ,

i got a lot of help from this forum page regarding signing up etc , took a while to get thru but now I'm set , although not looking forward to LSR in the winter months , but as someone once said ," it's only too cold if ur wearing the wrong clothes " Or something like that !
  • Options
    scott walker 10 wrote (see)
    but as someone once said ," it's only too cold if ur wearing the wrong clothes " Or something like that !

welcome to the mad house. image  "there's no wrong weather for running, only the wrong kit" is the phrase, I thinkimage

• Options

Chownsie - you know you want to.image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Chownsie - I guess you need to judge if you feel good to go for another. When is it?

• Options
    Yeah , spot on radar sal , I could've looked it up on google but I'm a lazy sod at times , been dipping into the forum over the last few weeks and seems like some characters reside here

Question for the day ! ,does running drive u insane or are U insane for enjoying the run ?
  • Options

Chownsie - You know you can do it!!

Am bored and gan stir crazy............how am I going to cope??? Think ATM better send me her knitting patterns?!?!?!

• Options

RR - thanks for the offer of advice - much appreciated.

Chownsie - could you just treat one or two of them as your A races, then go at an easy pace for the third?

• Options

Scott - Running keeps you sane............but your insane when you can't cope without it!!!image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Scott - I think as Kaz has just pointed out it's not being able to run because of illness or injury that makes you go insane.

Kaz - I know how you feel. I really want to run but can't. Bored senseless.

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)
    scott walker 10 wrote (see)
    but as someone once said ," it's only too cold if ur wearing the wrong clothes " Or something like that !

welcome to the mad house. image  "there's no wrong weather for running, only the wrong kit" is the phrase, I thinkimage

And I will be thinking of you all this winter when I am tucked up cosy indoors instead of out at KOCimage