Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Glad you are home! Take it easy. Eat well.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - Good to hear you are home. Take it easy. I remember it taking a good while before I was feeling good again after I had my appendix removed.

• Yay kaz is home!!!!  DID YOU HEAR THAT EMMY?!?!?  too funny hee hee hee. image

Eggy - there's a runners solution to those kinds of inquisitions.  Ask them when they're planning on running a marathon and then go into a HUGE spiel about how they could do it (you've got friends with kids who have done it, you've got friends who are their age that have done it blah blah blah) image or if they already run...ask them why they haven't run faster? provide tips on what they can do eg, lose weight etc.  Does get you a little in trouble but it's WAY fun.  Or grab your grinning mate's hand and wink.

DV - grab something from FB for me.  Not too bad please!

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

RS - I fought my corner, although that just saw being a sarcastic b@$t@rd added to the list of things I need to change. Funnily enough running was one of the things I should give up, so that I can go out a get drunk more often like normal people! I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of most NY resolutions.

Plus my mate was loving it, saved him for the grief he normally gets. Plus I may have countered a few points with things he wouldn't dare mention. image He just hid his laugh at those parts.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Ah, it's Scott the Walker

Yeah, kaz! Take it easy, now.

• HA HA, sounds like you had a good time.  It's amazing how people have no concept of how rude and stupid they're being.  I once got told by an aunty "well, we don't think you're a lesbian".  My response "tried that, not my thing" hee hee hee. image  Am watching Gok's new show.  Maybe you should go on it. image

• OO - have a very happy birthday image

DV - Forgot about the copyright. I'll have a rootle around and see what I can unearth.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

RS - I think having a make over was also on the extensive list. Gok ain't getting near me!

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Eggy, let me tell you something that you're probanly not going to listen to:  You're fine just exactly the way you are.  Changing yourself is a dangerous game, my friend....but I think you already know that.

• Kaz - welcome home and hope u can take ur easy till u recover

Eggy -as long as ur happy with ur life and how u feel about urself , other people's opinion don't matter , although it is always funny when u see someone else get the third degree , so I can just imagine the glee from ur pal

And yessss I'm in the rogues gallery , a non running shot cause nobody deserves to look at a middle aged man , gasping for breath with sweat dripping from every inch of his body ,,,, and that's just during my warm up stretching !!
  • Eggy, you don't want a good lady, a bad one is much more fun. Or even better, one who isn't a lady...

DV - help yourself. If the one in the rogues' gallery doesn't work (it's not very high res), let me know.

Kaz - yay image !
  • Ouchie. Body is thanking me for weights session at gym yesterday. Did a sneaky 2k on the treadie too. The 4min km was a LOT harder than they used to be. Was horrified that that was pretty much my mara pace one year ago.

Has anybody started on their official mara training programme for Paris yet, or starting soon?
  • TD - I'm supposed to start the 12 wk plan on Monday.  It ain't going to happen image Everyone else is already started image  I'm working on this injury recovery thing though...a 4 min km...hmm...I can't even bloody do that down a hill with the wind behind me at peak fitness!!!!

RR - one who isn't a lady?  I'm going to assume you meant he should go for a woman vs a lady rather than the other option.

• Radar Sal wrote (see)

RR - one who isn't a lady?  I'm going to assume you meant he should go for a woman vs a lady rather than the other option.

http://danglezz.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/transvestites_05.jpg

• TD - Absolutely.  I started Paris training on 3rd December. 

Unfortunately a buggered SIJ and then flu mean it's been on hold since 6th December...

• RS - whatever floats your boat really...

Am I counting wrong? I've been sort of doing my own pre-plan thing, but I'm planning to do the P&D 12 week plan. But according to my calculations, that doesn't start until the 14th?
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

http://danglezz.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/transvestites_05.jpg

DO NOT WANT.

TD - I've started my training, but it's been cut back to allow me to try and build back up from the injury. I have a 16 mile LSR lined up for Saturday morning, which will be a good test to see how well or not I'm coming along. Although to be honest all my runs just now are at LSR pace. image

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

I once got told by an aunty "well, we don't think you're a lesbian".  My response "tried that, not my thing" hee hee hee. image 

RS - I'm amazed DLR didn't pick up on that one.....

TD...I've had to change my 16 week plan to a 12 week one due to injury. Hoping to start it soon image

• It does start on the 14th but there is no harm in starting a bit before.

• ..and an Orbutt in a Pear Tree wrote (see)
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

I once got told by an aunty "well, we don't think you're a lesbian".  My response "tried that, not my thing" hee hee hee. image 

RS - I'm amazed DLR didn't pick up on that one.....

It was noted.  I felt there was no need for puerile inuendo. RS Seemed to have the subject pretty much licked...

• Td- i started the runners world improvers plan last month , with more rest days in case of bad weather or cba days

Rs - that's what I thought when I read , "ones who aren't ladies "

Dlr - good picture I'm assuming its not a self portrait
  • Scott the walker wrote (see)

Dlr - good picture I'm assuming its not a self portrait

Certainly not Scott!

My beard is rather fuller, and I like to think I apply my eye make up stuff with rather more subtlety.

• OO - I was so put off by DLR's eye makeup I forgot to wish you a happy birthday image .
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

TD - I've been at it for weeks...

OO Happy Birthday!  Nowt wrong with the big 50 - Mr Maj hits those dizzy heights next week...

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Yay kaz is home!!!!  DID YOU HEAR THAT EMMY?!?!?  too funny hee hee hee. image

What did you say?... can you speak up? image
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

TD - I'm supposed to start the 12 wk plan on Monday.  It ain't going to happen image Everyone else is already started image  I'm working on this injury recovery thing though...a 4 min km...hmm...I can't even bloody do that down a hill with the wind behind me at peak fitness!!!!

Take it easy RS - there's still plenty of time. Recovery is more important or you're likely to just get another injury closer to race day.

Radar Sal wrote (see)

A few years ago, an elderly Irish aunt (with a direct line to god) told me in front of all of my family: "Are you sure you're not a lesbian, emmy? you know - god's an all loving being and you'd still be accepted into heaven". 

OO - Happy Birthday! image

• Eggy: my Mum comes out with quite regular clangers. My favorite was her comment to me, pre-weightloss that, "People in x city are so fat, that even you'd feel thin there".

I agree with Yer Maj - you're perfect just as you are.

TD: I'm theoretically in week 5 of 16 weeks, but due to a ridiculously busy December, I've missed a few LSRs.

Looking forward to some longer runs when this heatwave is over. I feel like a sissy complaining about forecast 38 degrees tomorrow. Folks in South Australia are being warned about 48 degree (Celsius!) heat tomorrow.

Happy birthday OO and belatedly to TD!
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

OO - Happy birthday.

MM - I'm melting even just thinking about that heat.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Happy Birthday, OO!image You'll be collecting a fair few medals this year, I think. You were fast enough at the top of your last category.Now,  you can stick it to the 54-year olds...image

• Happy Birthday OO & welcome to the 'Super Veteran' category.