Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Well done, Emmy! A nice long rest for you....* I'm off to read your  Report*

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

Emmy - well done on the two marathons. A great achievement.

How many others have signed up to Jantastic ? I have but today is a rest day.image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Carl D wrote (see)

Emmy - well done on the two marathons. A great achievement.

How many others have signed up to Jantastic ? I have but today is a rest day.image

Thanks Carl. I'm another Jantastic participant. I think Week 1 may be a struggle for 4 runsimage

• Options

Carl - I'm doing Jantastic as well. The thread's got a team going if you want to join - we're called The Bench.

Happy New year Trevor

• Options

Well done Emmy!

Rather bored today, kidz back at school and I feel like I am playing truant from work!! Although I have a genuine reason for being off, I will still get slagged off if I am seen out and about so feel like I am confined to the houseimage

On a more positive note, after being told that I can start running 3weeks from today, I have managed to put together a rough training plan in the hope that I will be able to run/walk/crawl Paris Marathon!! BF's motivational statement this morning - " FFS you managed to finish 1 marathon injured, and 1 really ill what makes you think you won't be able to do it in 3months time?!?!?" imageimage

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Kaz - that's probably the kind of motivating talk I could do with image

Plus, you are Superwoman

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - You'll be fine. I think you just need to prepare for this one as just for fun. No time concerns, just make sure you get from start to finish in one piece taking in the sights on the way.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Kaz - join the sighteeing group

Managed what felt like a "proper" run this morning - 16k with 8 of them at HM pace.  Managed to hold the pace pretty well so feeling much more confident than I was a couple of weeks ago

Emmy - well done, you madwoman you!

ChildLine are allowing me to assist with the interviews for new volunteers tonight....the fools...image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

I've followed Daniele's approach to Jantastic and invited some randoms who don't have enough members to form a team to join The Bench. * Now waits to see if there's any bar to this kind of trawling...image* We may be injured/slow, but we're....International...

kaz, Eggy's advice is sound.You've booked the trip so you're going anyway....Think of it as speed-sightseeing.you'll not get many opportunities to be in the middle of those roads.I bet you really surprise yourself.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Orbutt wrote (see)

Kaz - that's probably the kind of motivating talk I could do with image

Plus, you are Superwoman

Completely agree to that. You are superwoman!

• Options

I think the Superwoman title should go to Emmy. Certainly isn't me.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - You're still Superwoman. You just need to rest up and get healthy again.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    kaz1 wrote (see)

I think the Superwoman title should go to Emmy. Certainly isn't me.

You're the Chuck Norris of running. You've ran marathons when you've been ill and throwing up along the route. You're the one when we're on the couch thinking about what to do... we think: What would Kaz do? (WWKD).

You're made of stronger stuff than most of us put together! You're superwoman!

• Options

You've nearly suceeded in reducing me to a blubbering wreck Emmy!image

• Options

One of you can be Superwoman and the other can be Wonder Woman  image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

We might need to use some of your photoshopping skills, Weedy image

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Perv

• Options

Good work on your long run Rob. Like a giant snowball, your mass will eventually overcome inertia and you'll roll nicely into Parisimage

Seanb - the two recovery weeks are an intrinsic part of the 8 hard training weeks, so really, you are scaremongering a bit. 10 hard training weeks MUST include the cut back weeks for them to be valuable. How's life in The 'Don these days?

I'll throw in my welcome too Carl. I have yet to run a marathon in what appears to be the country where my home is. I've started 11 of them, in 6 different countries.

Well done Emmy. Did you sleep in those medals?

Weedy - yeah, perv! image

Managed to roll-out another 10k of running today. Feel alright I do. image  Getting any better yourself Dannirr?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

TD that's really great news - delighted for you, hopalongimage

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)

Perv

Wasn't being a perv, honest

• Options

Emmy:  wow - congratulations Mont St Michel will be a doddle for you!!!

I too have a new love - called my headtorch!!!!  Oh so much fun.

HAd my surprise runners arrive in the post today, from the jungle sight for all of £29.99 less vat and also another pair of off roaders for £28 less vat - amazing and all Inov8 2 arrovs - no injuries so far or aching bits.  (am sitting on a wooden bench trying to ensure that all of me is touching wood!!!!). 

Carl welcomeimage.

• Options

first Jantastic run - done

being off running (read: lazy) for such a long time I forgot the pure joy a run can give. that's my fourth consecutive week of regular training. so proud of myself (well, comparing to you lot it's nothing but still, so proud)

• Options

How can I be pleased that I just(and the emphasize is on JUST) managed to walk 2.5 miles with BF and dog. Fair enough I was hanging on to BF.......but he thinks its just because I love him!! Very sore for the last mile but progress.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - You've just had surgery. It's a long time now since I had my appendix removed, but even as a youngster I remember it taking a good while before I was walking about pain free again. Walking 2.5 miles sounds like a lot for you just now.

This is aslo what sparks WWKD, because most of us would be lying on a couch refusing to budge!

TD - Sounds like things are going well for you at last. image

• Options

Eggy - That simply isn't an option. Although I am now there dictating what films are going to be watched tonight...........they are refusing the new  kettlebell dvd!! I just want to see it not do it!!image Looks like Rocky Balboa and The Warrior tonight, The Great Escape last night. Another book on the go now too - Chrissie Wellington, A Life Without Limits.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Emmy - you are Wonder Woman. I wonder how you managed 2 marathons in 2 days image

Serious question (sorry). I notice that you are aiming at improving your marathon time.You also have quite a few marathons planned this year. It's obvious that you're very fit and mentally strong. Have you considered that you might be able to improve your time by reducing the number of marathons that you run?

There must be a lot of strain on your body having to be in a permanent state of peak fitness, rather than being fully trained and then tapering for a key event.

Tell me to MYOB if you've already covered this - I won't cry - but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I should add that in no way am I entitled to give you advice as you ran more marathons this weekend than I have, in total,

• Options
    Not meaning to be scaremongering TD, apologies anyone if it came over that way. To be honest it's a nice feeling that's its getting closer, I think...life in Swinedon seems to be going downhill...town centre full of kids shouting and swearing at each other and there seems to be a rise in "trophy" dogs which have not been toilet trained and probably never will be, poor things, adding extra challenges to running!!! Had a chuckle at a chap outside M&S this evening being invited back inside to pay for the packet of meat he had in his hand.

Well done Emmy, 2 in 2 days sounds like pure sadism!
  • Options
    Hi all

Well done on the double Emmy. MK is my old stomping ground, used to get drunk on cheap cider from the offy, go to the clubs using fake IDs and then get the last train home... probably 20 years ago now - scary thought!

I saw an osteopath today and he found lots of things wrong with me. Which is good. Strangely, when I described my problem(s) his first question was "have you had any dental problems or pain in the jaw?". Well it just so happens that I had a filling earlier in the year which has been painful ever since (dentist just keeps telling me to use sensitive toothpaste...). I've also had an ear infection on and off for a few months on the same side. Had antibiotic drops and tablets but it keeps coming back...

Anyway, he did a few things, clicked my neck etc and I feel like I've been in a fight tonight. But I've just realised my toothache has gone... and the pain in the knee. One more visit needed before I think about running again though.
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

TD - feeling a lot better now, still a residual cough and some wheezy breathing (unrelated to visual stimuli), so I'm hoping the coming weekend will work out ok. Given that I have always planned on a fun run, and not a race, I'm fine with it.  I'm starting to look at it like this: longer time on he course = better value for money (something hard to do at Disney) image

Will do a couple of short runs still on Wed and Thur this week.

In Seven Dwarf terms, my BRF is still Snow White, and I've gone from being Doc, to Grumpy and am now firmly settled on Happy.

• Options
    Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

TD and Fiona - Thanks for the welcome. It is good to be on board.

ATM - thanks for all the info. Had a good read on my train journey back home thsi evening.

Rest day today for me. Have a night out with some old friends tomorrow night so going to have to get my tempo run in first thing. Usually run in the evenings so this should be an interesting adventure.image