Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

But do you look like a Nazi Lesbian??

• Got my certificate signed this morning being married to a doctor helps !

I never bother looking at Anne Hathaways hair !
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

TJB - last year I emailed my certificate and got it accepted. When I got to the expo I ended up in a queue that resulted in them wanting to see my certificate, so I showed it to them. 30 seconds later it was all stamped and I was on my way.

As long as it looks like they're expecting and is stamped and signed there won't be a problem. 

• maybe if they get bombarded with emails they might re-consider:

/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifarismarathon@aso.fr]parismarathon@aso.fr

this is what i sent ..... (it's a bit grovelly!)

Good afternoon

Will there be an opportunity to present the medical certificate in advance by emailing/uploading a PDF to you/ASO website? I had my medical today and now have my signed and stamped certificate from my Doctor - i used the template provided from your website.

I arrive in Paris on the Saturday 6th April 11am at Paris Nord and i have heard that the EXPO is very very busy on that day. I am worried that i will be left queuing for a very long time outside and not have enough time to enjoy and experience the EXPO. I am coming from the United Kingdom and have to navigate myself around Paris and find my hotel and check in on time, and then prepare for the big race.  If there is any possibility of me and the many thousands of other people submitting the certificate in advance, please can you make that information available as soon as possible.

Warmest Regards

• No harm in asking, Jimbob....

Have yet to approach my Doc yet, but at least he'll be sympathetic having himself run London in 2011... I'm sure I can persuade him to do it for nothing ... otherwise I will insist on a prostate check

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    I'm at a loss to understand the reluctance to sign a medical certificate. All it certifies is that, to the best of the doc's assessment of his basic examination,there is no obvious impediment to your health. It does not certify you to be in immortal health.

We chose our profession - we should not shy away from perceived risk if we do our jobs properly.
  • Yer_maj - I like the approach of threatening to vomit on your doctor unless he signs the form. In fact, I can see this working in many other negotiating situations.

Unlike everyone else on here, I'm actually trying to grow my hair. It's taking ages though.

Enjoying today's rest day - it's cold and dark out there image .
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    James B 73 wrote (see)

My Doctor was very sceptical about it and asked other Drs in the practice whether they had done anything like this in the past. He also went on the website to see if there was anything on there to say what was needed in the examination. I assured him that it was a backside covering exercise. Checked blood pressure, weight and listened to my heart. I thought for one moment he wasn't going to sign. I told him if anything did happen then I would tell the wife not to sue the practice (beforehand). Not that they would anyway. I went £18 lighter in my pocket though.

I can understand why he was reluctant in this day and age.

He mentioned Fabrice Muamba and his hidden heart defect. Exactly, I said, it was hidden. So even with all the tests pro footballers have they couldn't find anything so I wouldn't expect him to find it.

Signed now anyway. Thankfully.

Mine was the same. I got one with another doctor in the end and he was fine with it. Didnt even read it. I guess its just who you see?

yer_maj wrote (see)

I've had my hair cropped.  Not entirely sure if I am roocking the Gamine or the Lesbian Nazi look.  It's a fine line, frankly....image

Pictures?... so we can compare of course image

Dannirr wrote (see)
    I'm at a loss to understand the reluctance to sign a medical certificate. All it certifies is that, to the best of the doc's assessment of his basic examination,there is no obvious impediment to your health. It does not certify you to be in immortal health.

We chose our profession - we should not shy away from perceived risk if we do our jobs properly.

But in the UK - there is the worry that IF something were to happen - your family would sue the doctor for not knowing.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

But do you look like a Nazi Lesbian??

I've been called a lot of things, but that's not one of them.

• BeddersBedders ✭✭✭

Have folk's doctors actually STAMPED their certificates? Or Just signed them? My doctor claimed 'the practice doesnt have a stamp these days' and has just signed it.  He's a royal ar$ehole so I'm reluctant to go back as I'm sure he'll insist Im wasting his time.....Just don't want to roll up in Paris and have to go on the search for a local doctor if they knock back my certificate.

• Mine is stamped, but only cos Suzie as a stamp buried in the bureau here at home
  • Bedders - this probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but I think people have been knocked back for not having the form stamped. Which wasn't such an issue when you were able to submit it in advance, because you could just go back and get it done, but  because this year you can only hand it over at the Expo, it's taking a bit of a risk.

• BeddersBedders ✭✭✭

Running Rodent- No, that's a helpful answer cheers, much rather go and harrass DoctorDeath again than be inconvenienced and running round Paris when I should be sat with me feet up beforehand!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Mine was stamped too and at Medoc they did check for it.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Bedders, mine was rejected , 2011,because it wasn't stamped. At least I had the chance to resubmit it. This 'all or nothing' approach seems crazy and is bound to cause problems with runners like us who don't have the same system for home races.

• (Wonders if I should pack Suzies stamp?)
  • Bedders get weedy to use his photoshop skills to make you (dare I say it) a "pretend" stamp
  • That is a good idea TJB!!

Dave - You could probably make yourself a nice little sum if you do that!!image

I will be taking my medical certificate to doc next week at my next check up in the hope that she will sign it and not make me come back another time!!

I think BF is happier than me tonight!!! A bottle of rose delivered, and ONE chocolate! Nothing like saving me from myself! Wine will wait.........image

Another module completed for my course today toimage

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    TJB - I know of a couple of people who had 'pretend' certificates last year. As long as it looks like its supposed too, they're not bothered.
  • I'm cracking up at that you jive assed turkey!
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭

Brilliant, Weedy!image

• Mon vife is watchin Dirty Dancing for the 50th time in her life. It's on 5star at the mo. I can't regain power over the remote!
  • By the way, I'm laughing at Weedys certificate, not your wife JB!
  • I'm still chucklin at Wendy's certificate! It's stopping me getting drawn into the cheesy chick flick on the telly
  • Bedders - yup, will need a stamp.

JB73 - fully with Dannirr. Your doctor sounds like an a@#e. Can you see someone else? No-one can guarantee anyone that they'll never 'do a Fabrice Muamba'. Being a Premiership footballer, he'll have had a full medical and likely an ECG and echocardiogram before being signed. And he still had a terrible thing happen. Your doctor has no excuse for not knowing what to examine or clarify before signing and stamping your form.
  • My OH did say she has happily signed my cert, but if she was still a GP she was unlikely to sign for a patient
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

My GP signed mine without even seeing me. I dropped the form off and picked it back up signed and stamped the next day.

If they want proof I can run a marathon I'll turn up wearing my finishers medals like a skinny white Mr T wannabe.

Weedy - Best Doctor stamp ever.