Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• She felt it was asking her to guarantee something, she would be unable to do with just a visual exam.
  • Chucking it down hereimage off to gym...  no dreadmill though am going to try the ..... cross trainer!!!  Joy!!

Must get my docs cert done for mont st michel - reminder!!  Oh and enter!!!

Kaz:  congratulations and celebrations you'll be a fabulous postie and an extremely fasdt one!!  Getting paid to trainingimage.  Fantastic.

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Weedy - class, mate.

Last year my Doctor's surgery told me that I would need a private appointment to get my cert signed & stamped - which would cost up to £70. I went elsewhere.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Hmmmm we have an unauthorised blizzard here this morning...looks like another snowy 14 miles for me...image

• lol weedy that was funny.I'll be keeping that as a back up, if it alright with you?

Really good vibes going round since new year kicked in, starting to get really excited.

Snow and wind here in denmark and i'm still enjoying my runningimage

Keep it up people

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Melting snow and lots of ice, here..v.careful trot with/without 'trax, I think.I wish it would do one thing or another...

Dave, I was watching the Paris Tri last year when a guy died.He'd just had his full-on medical, was an experienced marathoner and had recently completed an Ironman. It was very sad but no one saw it coming and no sense of outrage at his having been given the ' all clear'. That said, a couple of people on this thread in other years were alerted to things like blood pressure concerns and  had time to address them. * I'm fairly certain they would've run, anyway image. None of us is going to get out of Life alive. * I think my GP may have marked my file' fit-enough but-crazy' next to my assurance that no one will be suing anyone for anything...

Weedy, I'd so like to endorse my Certificate with that stamp...

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

We should all turn up to the expo and stand in line with a spoof medical stamped by Dr Weedy....it may test French Humour to the limits...image

Right I really am going out now...

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭
    razdaz wrote (see)

lol weedy that was funny.I'll be keeping that as a back up, if it alright with you?

Really good vibes going round since new year kicked in, starting to get really excited.

Snow and wind here in denmark and i'm still enjoying my runningimage

Keep it up people

It's always snowy and windy here in Denmark! Except in high summer when it is rainy and windy!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they'd even realise that it wasn't a real one? My doctors writing is exactly like Weedys....
  • ATM I could only state what Suzie said... And her feelings on a medical certificate. She has watched me do many marathons and Ironmen. I think she's just after my life insurance
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭

Good point, Dave. Maybe, she doesn't want to find out anything that might stop you on the cardiac-arrest-assurance-bonanza road...image Alas, I'm worth nil ...alive or dead...But, on explaining my ' organ donor' anklet to a French runner before the off, I did get a hug and a kiss.

It's sooooo tempting, yer_maj...

• /members/images/727962/Gallery/Photoshop.jpg

Where can you get the ankle bracelets ATM?

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

I got mine here  I run alone, most of the time and so I added home phone phone number, Blood Group and Donor details. * and, yes, a ' mantra ' image *. If I croak on the course, they get to keep my heart etc, etc..I AM Scottish. They might not want the liver...

• I can't stop laughing.

Mr Moore - he signed it eventually but reluctantly. The promise not to sue did the trick after he spoke to me for about ten minutes about the risks of him signing it (not of course the risks of running a marathon). After the lecture and him signing it I told him I was a Lawyer and he had nothing to worry about. Think he was a bit taken aback at that point.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Well at least I know why I bombed on my weekend runs now. I've woken up today riddled with the cold. Got that lovely sore bones feeling going on. No running for me tonight. I don't think my training for this can get any worse unless my legs fall off! image

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Got my certificate sorted today. No need for photoshop image.
    Glad I read the tips on here regarding the stamp from the doc. Thanks guys. All sorted now (and for the bargain price of £20 paid for with HMV vouchers! image).

SB

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

Christ - I just checked my passport. Ten years just flies by when you're having fun. Fee for a new passport? £140-odd quid with return postage. At the risk of sounding like Victor Meldrew... I don't believe it!

Good job I checked though!

• weedy you funny basket STOP IT ! image yer killing me! !

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Ugh.  That is all.  Ankle deep slushy puddles, numb feet, sleet in the face...but 14 miles done. 

Eggy, you're really having a bad time of it at the moment...hope you're taking it easy today

Weedy that's ace.  The polite version of the Get It Right Up You way to the front of the Expo queue...

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

yer_maj - Great running in those conditions. You seem to be putting in some seriously good mileage.

• SP13 wrote (see)

Christ - I just checked my passport. Ten years just flies by when you're having fun. Fee for a new passport? £140-odd quid with return postage. At the risk of sounding like Victor Meldrew... I don't believe it!

Good job I checked though!

Just off to check my passport........

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

My passport gives me the horrors every time I look at it, frankly...

Eggy - aye, I'm so relieved that my osteopath is keeping the show on the road that I'm just taking it one day at a time...but right here, right now it's going ok.  I never in a million years thought I'd cope with P&D for this one but having been gently broken in by the Demon Tricky Plan in the summer I was primed for higher mileage.  Trying to not get too hung up on what was my dream goal time as I think I missed too much at the beginning to achieve that now. 

• Been too long since I read through this post, have had a read of the last few dozen pages...made me realise my long runs aren't really long yet!

I ended up taking off the whole of December to let my tendon heal and it seems to have worked pretty well, feels so good to be back out on the road. The last few days I've stuck to the treadmill due to weather, but I'm thinking I'll brave it outside today, can't be that bad! Currently doing 7-9 miles four times a week with a longer run at the weekend (last one was 11.5, although I'm hoping to pick this up a bit from this week). Discovered bits of town I never knew about avoiding the trails I usually take, been quite nice.

Good to see other people complaining of injury when I last logged in (mid-Dember, I recon) appear to be back on it. image

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

12k tiptoe-ing gingerly on icy farm roads. Probably 8 junk miles but I did see a lovely sunset...errr..before 4.30...The fields are lightly covered in snow..all very * culture- alert* Bruegel..I had to look up the spelling but I 've got the right guy...And there was enough blue in the sky to make me think...Spring!

Welcome back, Daddsy. You've missed nuthin'. The Injury Bench is getting lighter but it's not empty, yet.

'Surgery just phoned to say Certificate is ready for collection. Yeah!

• image YM - an unauthorised blizzard? Is that one that hasn't passed its blizzarding exams?

8 miles planned for this evening - brrrrr. May do the second half on the tready.
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

RR - it's one that the ridiculously young looking weather man on BBC Wales didn't tell us about...image

This blizzard had passed everything going, let me tell you.  Including Siberia.  I've just had to get in the bath to warm out...*don't panic, I'm out now and I have clothes on.  The integrity of the forum has not been breached*

• Weather men and women should have certificates signed (and stamped) by god declaring that they will ALWAYS get it right.

Great running YM - you are making me feel very guilty for sitting on the couch.
  • DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    DV - Tunbrige Wellsmade the news here today. Sulphur smell making people ill. Hope you are all ok.