Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• The runners list follows...   if anyone is missing, or there are errors, please let me know and I will update it..

• Preferential
    991 Denis Duret 

Red
    3231 Small Hands
    3434 Neil Belgium
    4321 dhale750
    5000 Hockey Goalkeeper
    5995 Bedders 
    6032 Stray Runner

Yellow
    8186 seanb
    8461 Sporty Badger
    8843 Oops
    9016 The Engineer
    9114 djwolf
    10101 Dirty Leeds Rob

Blue
    14021 Mark Beevor
    14160 Weedy Gonzalez
    14467 kaz1
    14558 Edd125
    15080 Ward 6
    15149 MG09
    15350 phil in fitter
    16171 Steve Duffy 2
    16639 Simon MacD 

Purple
    28285 Pauline Macfarlae
    28790 Nicola bird 2
    28850 Eggyh73
    29684  Radar Sal
    30188 Johnny Lyall
    30213 Dannirr 
    31612 Elizabeth Ellis 3

Green
    37185 yer_maj
    37480 Suzy Martines
    37524 SP13
    37991 Emmy_H
    38351 peter burke 5
    38591 Febo
    38783 Cliff Parker
    39107 Trevor Olver
    39586 The Luverly Suzie (aka Mrs Ex-Spartan)
    39638 razdaz
    39658 Iain Moore 2
    39851 Dave The Ex-Spartan
    40116 Nic E
    40483 Tiddy
    40582 Clag
    41369 Monkey man
    41747 Scott Walker
    42380 Running Rodent
    42561 ATM
    43795 NGUG

Grey
    50009 the jimbob
    50501 swindon dave
    51095 KeyserSuze
    51222 James B 73
    51614 Mrs dj
    52460 TartanPimpernel
    52868 Orbutt

Pink
    58251 Londonliv
    58463 DV
    62660 Marathon Maus

• PC91 - there is already form on this thread for people running a race route in the wrong direction before completing the race image .

Chilly 11 miles this evening - just realised this is actually my second highest mileage week. Which is odd, because my LSR isn't my longest. However, it does explain why I'm knackered.
  • I think I am in Pink, will get number to you tomorrow

• PC - stick with us, love.  We'll show you taper madness as it should be done...

• DV I am in the pink pen - I will get the number tomorrow - off to bed - 16 miles today as I am away this weekend - let very very long slow runs begin - when you are in the pink pen - people get married, have babies, break up ... all in the time you are out for a run image

• YM: congrats on the assessment. That's really good news.

I made myself run in the teeming rain today. I didn't mind it until I sloshed through a puddle in my shoes and then had "heavy shoe syndrome". I only managed 30 minutes, but it's better than nowt!

Some tremendous training efforts going in by you mob. I'm not sure I'm going to have enough miles in the legs to actually start...I'm seriously reconsidering whether or not I should even start.

• Hey Maus you have to start ... who's going to keep me company whilst trying NOT to think about needing a pee at the start!!!

Who cares how we do, its the fact we do that counts, if that makes sense - I call our style of training the iceberg method, incremental almost invisible steps towards our goal, but we get there Maus, we get there - heavy shoes, rotten weather, my mum used to say - 'those are the days you get paid for, not the easy ones'.  I'm with you - keep going Maus, we will get there!!!

• Audrey - Well done getting 16 miles done in these conditions. I was out for 6 miles earlier and between the rain, the flooded roads and slushy pavements I think my weight doubled due to carrying the soaking I got.

Maus - I must admit I'm also concerned about the mileage I'll have done prior to Paris and must admit the thought has crossed my mind to pull out. I'm trying to view this one as seeing the finish line would be a victory. 

• Maus, Eggy - if you guys don't go, neither will we.  The only reason I'm coming all the way from the US to do it again, rather than choose a different one, is the people. All you people.

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    DV. I'm 42579 . Should I read the small print before signing up?

RR. that was only 1 run.image
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Maus, Eggy - if you guys don't go, neither will we.  The only reason I'm coming all the way from the US to do it again, rather than choose a different one, is the people. All you people.

I agree with that. It's you guys on the forum that interested me in Paris and one of the main reasons that i'm running it.

Hubby is trying to negotiate the number of races I do next year (after mentioning that I want to run the quadzilla - 4marathons in 4 days)... so how many is feasible/reasonable? I was thinking 20 or 30 races (of different lengths including halfs/10 milers etc).... 

Any ideas?

• Ditto

MM, Eggy - the way I'm looking at it, whatever time I get's not going to be a PB, but it's going to be as much of an achievement, if not more, under the circumstances.

Emmy - 30 sounds restrained for you if you ask me image

A little something from me for everyone who won't get any flowers, chocolates, cards or even compression tights today...

/members/images/727962/Gallery/Eiffel_tower_0.jpg

• Have to echo Dannirr and Emmy, you guys are why I'm going back to Paris. My training's been totally suboptimal but Paris... in the spring! (And the flights are booked and accommodation paid for so might as well...!)

Anyone else think we're going to have to get Corcoran's to extend their basement?!
  • I must admit it's the people on here that made me want to run Paris again. I'll be in Paris and on the start line barring any further illness, injury or body parts falling off. Making the finish line might be a struggle, but I'm a stubborn git so I'll give it my best. Plus TD might be able to pull off a cheerleader outfit, but the sight of me dressed like that would have people running for their lives!

Strangely enough after last nights soaking I actually woke up today feeling the best I have in ages.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Ditto

MM, Eggy - the way I'm looking at it, whatever time I get's not going to be a PB, but it's going to be as much of an achievement, if not more, under the circumstances.

Emmy - 30 sounds restrained for you if you ask me image

A little something from me for everyone who won't get any flowers, chocolates, cards or even compression tights today...

/members/images/727962/Gallery/Eiffel_tower_0.jpg

I think the same, Weedy.... I need to work out a decent/realistic amountimage

Thank you for the lovely picture! As hubby's idea of valentines is buying a brand new Bike for himself - I expect this is the most love i'll get all day!

• Thanks Weedy....

I bought her the compression tights for our wedding anniversary (which was Monday), 2 romantic present buying tasks in one week... Nightmare

well yesterdays run went OK, will try another today, But it looks like Sundays HM is going to happen

• Eggy - mate! you've been really supportive of me and other newbies on here - you gotta come!

Emmy = #madwoman

Oscar Pistorius eh? Jeez!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21455453

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Thanks Weedy....

I bought her the compression tights for our wedding anniversary (which was Monday), 2 romantic present buying tasks in one week... Nightmare

well yesterdays run went OK, will try another today, But it looks like Sundays HM is going to happen

What about some gels? or some carb loading in preparation for Sunday's HM?

How is your wife feeling about not running on Sunday?

• No Valentines in this house, but lots of Birthday cards for Junior.......can't believe that she's 11!!

I feel the same as you Eggy, start line will be fine but finish line will be a major accomplishment..........the same as Amsterdam really.

Planning a run sometime today around root canal treatment, organising Birthday Tea for  2 Netball Teams and getting them all to the Valentines Disco.......

• She's OK about it,  She is looking at the bigger picture of running Paris rather than round and round a trading estate in Wrexham !

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Dave - I know which i'd prefer! image Wrexham sounds lovely at this time of year image

@Kaz1 - Happy Birthday to Junior! I hope that she has a great day. I had a root canal done a few years ago and they gave me too much pain killer during it. I was high as a kite for the entire procedure!

I also wanted to echo what jimbob said - the reason this thread is so popular is the acceptance and support of the Paris runners - it's lovely to see such a great group of people!

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

I bought her the compression tights for our wedding anniversary ..

You old smoothie, you...image

• ATM - practical presents, definitely the way forward.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭

http://epguides.com/SwissToni/cast.jpg

I agree, Iain.. No fine wines or Belgian chocolates , here, either...

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Have a spare room but I'm outside of Paris so could limit the time for the pasta party and the bar afterwards. The plus side, it's cheap !

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Eggyh73 wrote (see)
    Plus TD might be able to pull off a cheerleader outfit, but the sight of me dressed like that would have people running for their lives!

Eggy - you shouldn't say things like that when Weedy is around image
    Also, I have no doubt that you'll make both the Start AND the Finish line. There may be a bit more time between the two than you would have preferred but at least you'll do it. One man's stubborn is another man's determined.

Emmy - you are wonderfully bonkers image 30 races! wow.

Group Hug everyone.

Keep your eyes on the prize and look to what is important - Corcorrans Basement image

• Don't know if I am being overly cautious or just plain lazy.........2 miles, pain in my side or cramp not sure but got a lift home to be on safe side???? grrrrrrrrr

• PC91 wrote (see)

Have a spare room but I'm outside of Paris so could limit the time for the pasta party and the bar afterwards. The plus side, it's cheap !

The bar?!? Enlighten me!image