Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Meant to say well done Eggy on the 16 mile today mate
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    PC - RS isn't just a kiwi - she's from the BEST town that they have in NZ with perhaps the most notorious mayor ever.

Jim - are your jam tarts a euphemism for something else?image
  • Now you talkin about my Niags right Em?
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

TD: count the axe murderer in for pasta papa's on sat night.  don't know how I got that accessory though imageimage

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

You'd best reserve an extra seat for Simon's nervous tummy.

TD gets Ingrid's lap as he's organising it.  The pasta, not Ingrid's lap...

• TD what is the average pace you are intending to run ITLR? I'm toying with the idea of taking part (if I can talk Future Mr Wi into doing it) but I'm rather on the slow side so not sure if I can keep up with you lot

• Thought I had posted on here but the internet elves have eaten it: +1 for Pasta Papa Please.
  • DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

+2 for Pasta Papa please  

• if I ask my pal tomorrow can I confirm then  - no later than tea time (scottish time 5 -6 pm) tomorrow night??

She is unfamiliar with the level of self obsession that takes over me before a race, so maybe this will be just the thing - we definitely don't want to sit anywhere near each other - by then she will have seen a whole other side of me, she would rather not know... mainly, not listening to a word she is saying, going over lists in my head and only really interested in talk about the next day, our friendship may not survive...image

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

I'm feeling lethargic about running.  Skipped yesterday and today (so far) for no really good reason.  Kinda justifying it to myself as it is a cutback week for me anyway, but that really should not mean cut out.

Heading to the beach tomorrow for a few days - plan on running Fri and Sat.  Hopefully the location will re-inspire.

Perhaps just stepping on a scale would....or maybe thats why I'm lethargic.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Dannirr - Possibly just training load. You've been pretty much constant with marathon training for a good while now with Toronto, Disney and now Paris. I think a few days of CBA is to be expected at times.

Audrey - And you think bringing your friend to meet us lot in the height of taper madness will save the friendship?

• peter burke 5 wrote (see)

Perhaps someone would like to win a trip Downunder

http://runlikecrazy.com/new-competition.php

Peter, that competition looks ace. Trip to Australia paid for...might have to enter, altho I'm already out of the running to win the top prize tho judging by some of the entries. That your running group? - it rings a bell from somewhere. Sure you posted a link to the site a while back, unless I'm going mad.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Having not made the Paris trip last 3 years I can tell you that I remember the nights out at Pasta Pappa a lot more fondly that the race itself. If you are in Paris go to the meal. And can we have a photo of Ingrid image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

You lot are going to be impossible by the time Taper rolls around...

Time to sharpen the stick...

• Actually we might have one more at the dinner to add to the list:

Jimbob's friend Dan's American ex work colleague Molly who hasn't done enough training but that's ok cause shes young.

Re photo of Ingrid, that involves turning my computer on and sorting it out, and I can't really be bothered.
  • If this keeps up I'm checking out until Paris...........I canna keep up with the reading!!image

Dont think we will make pasta..... by that time on the Saturday night I may be locked in a room on my own to save the kidz!image

Dannirr - CBA's are to be expected at this timein training, I think, especially given your load over the last few months. Not everyone was lucky enought to get a 7 week break!!

Eggy - Weel done on the 16 miles!

YM - Hows the trainers doing??

TD - Who's in the cheerleading squad?? Apart from you, and my girls( Alannah and Naomi)?? Do you have a dress code??

I tried some 'speedwork'(if thats what it could be called) on the TM tonight........5 x 1km intervals which I have regretted all evening. It all felt ok at the time but have had pain sinceimage Rest day tomorrow.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Who mentioned that TD wears a dress?

• TD  - please count Superfreak and Superfreakette in for the pasta party.

• DV + 1 at the pasta party and post race drinks..

• Bearing in mind Eggy's comments Dannir, you've done a good deal of training for a long time.  Having a few days off now if you feel you need/want them might do you the world of good - rather than it developing into over training.

• ok, ok, pointy sticks are in the loft somewhere but I will look them out, put us down for the mad hatters pasta party image

Eggy: she already thinks this running thing is for chumps, so she will have to just join in the madness.  She will most likely go meet another non running friend who will be in Paris at the same time for a very sensible glass of fizz (think you met Maggie last year), whilst I head off to bed muttering about vaseline and do I have enough...

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I won't be at the pasta party.  Try and cope without me....

• Just ordered travel size contact lens solution.......and checked airport opening times! How organised am I................OCD.

Getting in the spirit of things, I am wearing last years Paris Marathon t-shirt to work today!!

4 weeks until I leave this Island.........EXCITED!!!image In my defense its been a long, hard 6 months.......image

• Emmy - New job is going fine thanx, and I love it although I cannot get used to having so much 'free' time!! image

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Dan, I think my mojo's run off with yours...Let's form a virtual posse and go hunt 'em down. I've no notion of going out this morning so will spice up a familiar run with a detour cross-country. I know it's a right of way but I'm not sure how thrilled the people in the various farms I'll run right through will be to see me..image Do you have anywhere new you could explore?

kaz, that job sounds just perfect for you. Enjoy all that paid-cross-training and ' free' time.

• Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Dannirr - Possibly just training load. You've been pretty much constant with marathon training for a good while now with Toronto, Disney and now Paris. I think a few days of CBA is to be expected at times.

Audrey - And you think bringing your friend to meet us lot in the height of taper madness will save the friendship?

Dannirr - sounds right to me, you've been holding an amazing pace the past year.

ATM - I'm sure yours will be back soon too!

• hello all

thats another interval session out the way - not the quickest but considering recent sessions, running in specs in the peeing rain and perhaps taking it down to about 90% effort in the bits where i should be at 100% effort i think i can be forgiven. Just nice to get the session ticked off the race plan. Recovery run tomorrow and the BIG ONE on Sunday. (got to keep that Dan on a "speed" leash) image

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Too impatient. going for a run tonight.

• James, after the run, nip to the pub (order a pint) and ask for some ice and ice up that knee BIG TIME STYLEY!