Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

If DV orders hot weather I shall deal with him very severely in Corcorans.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Bedders wrote (see)

Know what you mean Malcs, the weather is crazy! Was a blizzard here this morning and now you'd never know it have even snowed. Typically, I went out for my run at 5.30 this morning in the freezing cold like a mug. SHOULD STAY IN BED!

Ha image  Well you have my utmost respect for even getting up at that time never mind stepping out the door!

I was rather more cowardly and went out in the sunshine an hour ago. Still freezing in the wind though.

Well done on your PB btw. You must be very pleased after the shock of the shin splints showing up uninvited. I hate this end part of training when you have more need of a Psychologist than a Physio!

PC91 wrote (see)
    The only inner voice I hear tells me that I'm hungry. image

Ha ha - yes me too, and it's there ALL the time!

• Running Rodent wrote (see)
    Weedy - does it mention whether any of them will be nipping off into the bushes for a pee, like the one I followed last yearimage ?

You followed someone into the bushes?

• Emmy - Thanx, Nice to know your thinking about meimage

Awful does not describe today. Every house on my round had mail today as the Council Tax bills are out.image Legs were like lead already this morning after yesterdays runs etc but they are 10x worse now! Weather - Sleet, Headwinds biting cold.....It doesn't bother me that much! Care more about my sore knee and ankles.....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Take it easy Kaz - you deserve a day off; especially doing a physical job like yours.

I do think about you.... this morning in my bed where I saw the snow flying by and the wind howling; I thought: WWKD?.... and almost rolled over back to sleep image

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Running Rodent wrote (see)
    Weedy - does it mention whether any of them will be nipping off into the bushes for a pee, like the one I followed last yearimage ?

A few years ago, at the Hospitals' annual fundraising gala, the featured item at the live auction was a balloon ride with me (yeah, what were they thinking?). After much bidding, it went for $3000 to the Chief Financial Officer.  The big day arrived, and in his stead, his wife arrived for her balloon flight. She was clearly nervous (and way overdressed with lots of bling), so to reassure her I told her to just stick with me and all will be fine.  We inflated the balloon with cold air first, but just before adding heat to it I decided I better go releiv emyself as once we launch I would have no option.  So I discretley went to the end of the field, behind a row of thick trees and proceeded. Duly relieved, and in the process of re-zipping, I turned to find her standing not one foot behind me! I am not a modest person, but this was the CFO's wife! 

• Dannirr - great story.

Weedy - cheers. Looks like I'll be looking out for the pink pacer, as it were, and changing pen at the expo...
  • Weather here much cooler but tropical compared to UK from what you are all reporting.

Did a 30km out & back this morning with passing cars changing down to 2nd gear in order to get a better look at the idiot running in driving rain image

My experience of the pacers is that it would be necessary to be in the pen REALLY early to even get near the balloons.  They seem to make a lot of noise as they run along and it is a bugger to try to pass them as there are so many huddled together.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Formatting error..

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

But for anyone who's saved the url for the Who's Who, check out the nun...image

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Certainly not the pressups or cartwheel...but, hopefully, not the wheelchair either..image

• 1:04 thats me.

Dannirr - you don't own a rubber mac do you?  image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I'd like to think that i'd be the one high fiving the marshals and kissing the ground but it's normally i'm in a daze!

• What's up with the RW site..?   teeny tiny font when typing and I can't insert a photo...

Dannirr, that's a very funny story..   image

Yes.. bring your Factor 30 sun cream because Paris this year will be hot, hot, hot...  I have been on to http://www.amazon.fr and placed my order for 'le sunshine'.   Apparently its out of stock right now but due in early April...   perfect..  

• Dark Vader wrote (see)

What's up with the RW site..?   teeny tiny font when typing and I can't insert a photo...

Yes.. bring your Factor 30 sun cream because Paris this year will be hot, hot, hot...  I have been on to http://www.amazon.fr and placed my order for 'le sunshine'.   Apparently its out of stock right now but due in early April...   perfect..  

RW website techies - please insert mildly amusing photoshopped French Amazon page showing Le Soleil for sale here.

We all need to remember to do the Orbot as we cross the line.

• You can take the South African out of Africa, but you can't......

Nice story Dannirr. I hope she had a pleasant view and uplifting experience (once you'd taken off).

Beautiful outside here now. No wind, pink sunlight as the sun drops down. Been playing football in the garden with the dog. As a certain TV character might say, "Such fun!"

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

What's up with the RW site..?   teeny tiny font when typing and I can't insert a photo...

RW website techies - please insert mildly amusing photoshopped French Amazon page showing Le Soleil for sale here.

We all need to remember to do the Orbot as we cross the line.

Sweetheart I'm unlikely to be able to do anything except remember how to breathe in and out when I cross the line.  My staff will have to do the Orbot....

• The Orbot.

Class.

Now, there's a fair bit of staggering about on that video, done by people who are too thin for their own good, methinks... Not a patch on Orbutt's from last year image

• YM - you're bringing staff? Are you famous, are you like the Welsh Katie Price or something?!

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'm bringing an entire Entourage... image

Katie Price??  Excuse me, I could never be that Orange....

• How many is an entourage ? Think we are now up to 7 of our little darlings and their OH's
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Ooooh I think yours is bigger than mine...we're at 10 at the mo although 2 may not be able to make it on account of one of them having a fractured skull...depends if he's allowed to fly or not.

• i don't have much of an entourage but i am bringing cousin Ingrid.....

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/article-1286967952866-0b98c64e000005dc-48828_223x451.jpg?w=223

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

All I can say it it's a bloody good job it's not Taper Fortnight, when you lot have all got your energy back...there'd be a rampant case of Thread Blindness...

• YM - 

I suspect your friend/family member with the skull fracture will be ok for flying, it depends how severe her/his injury was and whether she/he was operated on... but I'm sure his doc is advising.

I found this on the American Aerospace Medical Association site: 

MEDICAL GUIDELINES FOR AIRLINE TRAVEL

Mechanical considerations may play a role in the travel of neurosurgical patients. Gas trapped within the skull will cause increased intracranial pressure when it expands at altitude. A person who has had air or any other gas introduced into the skull by trauma or an open or closed procedure should have reliable evidence—a lateral skull film radiograph or CT scan—that the air or gas has been absorbed. If such information is not available, it is advisable to wait at least 7 days before traveling. Likewise, a person with a cerebrospinal fluid leak from any cause should not fly because of the possibility of backflow and microbial contamination due to the pressure changes within the cabin. 

*Interesting for me in any case, sorry*

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

He's recovering well - the back of his head has been glued together with pritt stick or something...and he has a small bleed in his frontal lobe.  He hasn't been operated on so I guess it'll be down to how he feels and whether his gf has killed him yetimage

• I think it's about time to get myself a garmin. I cannot afford anything fancy but 310 and 410 seem to be at the same price. Which one should I get?

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    Weedy are you OK. Speak to us!

I think jimbob has killed weedy but at least he's died happy and won't suffer 4 weeks of taper madness with the picture of Ingrid in his head.
  • Wi - the 220! Or indeed the 110, they're class.