Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Hang on, Jimbob posted a picture! WEEDY !!!!!!!!

IM2 - if you think the Orbot is class, you need to have a look at what the evil genius Weedy did on page 500 http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/events/paris-marathon-2013/203790-500.html
  • PC91 wrote (see)
    Weedy are you OK. Speak to us!

I think jimbob has killed weedy but at least he's died happy and won't suffer 4 weeks of taper madness with the picture of Ingrid in his head.

Sorry all. Been picking myself up off the floor and have latterly been investigating the rules and regulations regarding emigrating to Australia and working out how long till the meal at Pasta Papa's.

Turns out there's 24 days, 20 hours, 53 minutes and 25 seconds to go

• 24 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes and 8 seconds now

Jimbob - you must be the only person on the forum still able to post pictures

• get with the program Weedmeister! Your forum NEEDS YOU (and your picture banter)

http://weloveyouarsenal.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/your_country_needs_you1.jpg

• i'm cheating ....... (here's one of me before i started shedding the lard)

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/8082_10150881079421359_937753869_n.jpg

and it really is working! image

• Hi guys,

After training through one of the longest hottest summer's in Australian history I'm kind of looking forward to Paris being slightly cooler, but not too cold please! I think we're into our 10th consecutive humid day over 30?!?!

I'm really keen to get a copy of that supporter guide, as someone said, so my husband doesn't get to sit around drinking coffee for a few hours!

Hope the weather picks up for you guys really soon!

Cheers,

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Welcome to the thread, Jus T. The woman-to-message is Radar Sal. ( I think she's away for a couple of days, though...) How about joining us under the Arc and depositing your husband in the man-creche.. being organised by our cheerleraders ...so he doesn't have to wander round like Billy no Mates?

The Jimbob, I was overtaken by one of those at the Semi image

Weedy, the world needs to see the Amazon page..

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Jus T - I don't envy you having to train in that heat. I'll take my chances with the cold and the snow.

Jimbob - Looking at that photo compared to the Silverstone one is like looking at two different people. You've done really well.

I managed an easy paced 9 miles tonight. Wanted to put a shift in, but the legs weren't for having it tonight.

• its about 21 bags of sugar difference, over 3 stone. I should be in one those diet ads - Weedy? (oh no, he can't post)

• *jumps out from behind a tapir.

Boo!

Are we almost into crazies time yet? Almost almost. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Paris will be amazing (and I'd be very jealous of you all if it weren't for the relief of knowing I don't have to run that far!). How have the training plans all gone? All injuries put to bed I hope?

I've taken myself off to Glenshee for a few days to take advantage of the late snow. I will not break my leg I won't I won't.
  • Weedy: If you have any questions of the Antipodean-migration persuasion, feel free to PM me. Having negotiated those turgid waters with a German (aka Mr Maus), I may be able to dissuade, er, guide you.

Jimbob: I really really think you should change your profile picture. I really struggle to pick you out of photos. Obviously meeting you in Paris will help, but in the meantime...

JusT: welcome you have my sympathies. I fled the heat in February. Oh the relief!

And that finishing video of Boston got me rather excited!

Absolutely knackered after a slowish 7km today. Clearly still recovering from the 20-miler on Sunday. How am I ever going to front up and do another one this weekend?

Whoever was considering a Garmin - I'm loving my newly acquired Garmin Forerunner 110...

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Jus T - Hi. Marathon Maus should be checking in soon. She's only just moved to this hemisphere from Oz and had to train in that heat too. I would just melt.

Jimbob - no wonder you're so much faster. What you should do is carry a rucksack with 21 bags of sugar, just to even it upimage Seriously though - way to go.

HS image - It's just about to start going nuts in here. It's been pretty crazy all year but once the Tapirs arrive, all hell will break loose. Stick around, it could be a great spectator sport.

Eggy - I'm with you. I'd rather have cold than heat.

• I think jimbob is the class swot today because he seems to be the only one who can post pictures!
  • ATM - I was definitely overtaken by one of them during Paris-Versailles. On the hill image .

DLR - yes image . About 20 of us went charging after him as he veered off the course, before we realised what he was up to...

JusT - hello. Feel free to discuss Lamingtons with Marathon Maus image .

HS - howdy! Have fun at Glenshee (might be a bit windy though).
  • first threader to post a photo of themselves in the next 5 minutes, get s a gold star (and a beer off me in Paris)

http://onpuppies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Cute-Labrador-Puppies-Wallpaper-3.jpg

from NOW!

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

HS - Full taper madness starts next week, athough early symptoms may be showing! Enjoy Glenshee.

On the Garmin question I bought a 410 the other week after my old watch died on me. It's been great so far. The bezel takes a bit of getting used to though.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545965_371026502950155_1747811598_n.jpg

Tastes like sub 4!

Jimbob - Mines is a whiskey thanks.

• serioulsy Orbs, when you look at it like with that whole 10 bags of sugar vibe - you think WTF was i doing to my knees, joints. I've been boshing out half marathons at 15 stone for years. It's tough! (he said as he crunched his way through a plate of vegetables and swordfish) - the thing is i've heard many amazing stories on here, the people on here have usually had that realisation and made that change for the better.

• EGGY (there yer go)

http://www.cpft.nhs.uk/Images/Childrens%20Division/gold%20star2.JPG

• Crunching your way through swordfish? You're not actually meant to eat the sword, you know...
  • anyway, talkin of taper psychosis, Dan was back and forth on email today chattering about how good a shape he was in and wanted to get a last minute place in the Rome marathon cause he feels like he can run one NOW! I also encouraged himimage, by approaching one of the charities i do a lot for asking iof they had any spare places for London (got a big fat no chance back!)

in all seriousness at the moment it does feel like it would be worth doing a "double" as per the likes of Eggy and Emmy, with all this fitness. Or is that me just being a crazy person as well?

• JB: It is taper madness! Resist!

Says the woman who has just drunk half a bottle of wine...

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Jimbob - This will be my first double and I'm fairly nervous about it as I feel nothing like in the fittest I've ever been. Personally I'd see how you feel after doing one well trained. Maybe I'm the odd one out, but after marathon training I tend to feel I need a break from the long runs.

• MM, EG, i will resist - but if the good lord dropped a VLM place in me lap, i wouldn't say no. i wouldn't go out and run any old marathon. I might as well run a 26.2 mile training run. But VLM is gonna be amazing, especially after Paris. thats a good double to look forward to Big Man!

• JB: I hear ya! We'd be disappointed if you didn't!

Eggy: You're going to absolutely smash it!

• Jus T wrote (see)
    Hi guys,
    After training through one of the longest hottest summer's in Australian history I'm kind of looking forward to Paris being slightly cooler, but not too cold please! I think we're into our 10th consecutive humid day over 30?!?!
    I'm really keen to get a copy of that supporter guide, as someone said, so my husband doesn't get to sit around drinking coffee for a few hours!
    Hope the weather picks up for you guys really soon!
    Cheers,

Hi Jus T

Welcome to the thread, a very friendly lot here all though slightly twisted.

Sounds as though you may be the same part od Oz as me-Melbourne?

• Twisted!? Speak for yourself...image

I've heard Melbourne has been doing it a bit on the warm side. My parents are there and complaining vociferously.

• Radar Sal wrote (see)

No probs NeadG, message me your email and it'll be on it's way.

Thanks a mill Radar Sal.  Tried to message you but there seems to be problems with messages at the moment so don't think it sent....or else you've been spammed in which case apologies!  Will try again if you didn't get it.

• Slightly twisted? Less of the 'slightly' thank you. .