Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Ha ha Love the "stool".

Weather getting worse here, glad I went out when I did.  Not looking forward to tomorrows run, thankfully not too far, but it's certainly going to be cold.

emailed you a photo ATM.....not sure if it will work though.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Yep, it's a good photo of Howey's stool..

I seem to be able to receive messages through the forum but can't send any. Maybe, I'm being edited to shut me up....image Anyway, I'm adding all the numbers I get to my list.

No email, yet, Onetit.

wi, do you want me to add any details to your photo?

• Preferential
    991 Denis Duret 

Red
    3231 Small Hands
    3434 Neil Belgium
    4321 dhale750
    5000 Hockey Goalkeeper
    5995 Bedders 
    6032 Stray Runner

Yellow
    8186 seanb
    8461 Sporty Badger
    8843 Oops
    9016 The Engineer
    9114 djwolf
    10101 Dirty Leeds Rob

Blue
    14021 Mark Beevor
    14160 Weedy Gonzalez
    14467 kaz1
    14558 Edd125
    15080 Ward 6
    15149 MG09
    15350 phil in fitter
    15444 Richard Langton 3
    16171 Steve Duffy 2
    16639 Simon MacD 

Purple
    28285 Pauline Macfarlae
    28790 Nicola bird 2
    28850 Eggyh73
    29684  Radar Sal
    30188 Johnny Lyall
    30213 Dannirr 
    31612 Elizabeth Ellis 3

Green
    37185 yer_maj
    37480 Suzy Martines
    37524 SP13
    37991 Emmy_H
    38351 peter burke 5
    38591 Febo
    38783 Cliff Parker
    39064 Daddsy
    39107 Trevor Olver
    39586 The Luverly Suzie (aka Mrs Ex-Spartan)
    39638 razdaz
    39658 Iain Moore 2
    39851 Dave The Ex-Spartan
    40116 Nic E
    40483 Tiddy
    40582 Clag
    41369 Monkey man
    41747 Scott Walker
    42380 Running Rodent
    42561 ATM
    42579 PC91
    43795 NGUG

Grey
    50009 the jimbob
    50501 swindon dave
    51095 KeyserSuze
    51222 James B 73
    51614 Mrs dj
    51653 Sarah Buchanan Smith 3
    52460 TartanPimpernel
    52868 Orbutt
    52997 Jimbob's mate Dan 

Pink
    58251 Londonliv
    58463 DV
    62660 Marathon Maus
    63573 Onetit

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Onetit wrote (see)

Ha ha Love the "stool".

Weather getting worse here, glad I went out when I did.  Not looking forward to tomorrows run, thankfully not too far, but it's certainly going to be cold.

emailed you a photo ATM.....not sure if it will work though.

Oh dear... I've just got the picture that ATM posted image I thought it was a bit strange you posting a picture of furniture!

• Jimbob - at the very least you and I need to swap pens, although I'm in need of the pink...
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

ATM the messaging thing doesn't seem to be working...you've already got my mobile number though....

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

image@ Emmy . A couple of years ago, when you couldn't even limbo under the low tone of a discussion on ' the perfect jobby', Howey posted a picture of his stool...

Thanks for the list, DV. Anyone want their stats added?

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Will add you, yermaj.

• might have the wrong email address for you ATM - have you changed it from before?

not sure how to add photos to the messaging on here.  x

• if you put a message in and send, then do it again, it seems to work - but it's dodgy today for sure

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

I'm at atmparis75  at   yahoo   dot  com  It's easier if you send me a jpeg and bib number/time goal.I'll add the details and upload * old address abandoned after endless spam..although I rather miss my prospective Russian brides..*

• IM2 - i'm going to be trying for the purple - almost tempted by the blue, but i think that might be a bit pressurizing. Purple is where i'm at for the moment as long as i can convince them of my speed - i'll show them the result at Silverstone, but if all else fails i'll stay in grey. You've still a bit of time to find some speed eh? Sub2 halves/1.45 pb, surely you can squeeze a sub4 even if you are not at your best ..... ? the main thing is, we're there! nearly 5000 brits at Paris this year i've read somewhere!

AtM - you should have all my contact details and vital stats image

• ATM - I think you already have my mobile no. Its the same as last year.

I will need to change pens too.........to the pink I think but first I need to sort medical certificate.

10 mile run straight after work, and I must admit it felt 'good' for the first time in ages. Took first half easy, then 2nd half at 4hr pace.....and it was hilly!!! Pleased with that as I know that after work my legs are tired.image

• Hi JB: Yep. Managed a 10km run today with lots of yucky hills. Not like me to drink on a school night (or at all, actually). Must be something about the northern hemisphere...

ATM: I'll message you my details - different mobile number.

TD:Am I on your Pasta Papa's list?

Kaz: you are a machine! Well done! It must feel great to be "back" (not that you were ever really gone!).

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Got those numbers .Thanks.

* Father Jack woz robbed...*

• ATM wrote (see)

Got those numbers .Thanks.

* Father Jack woz robbed...*

• The Jimbob wrote (see)

the main thing is, we're there! nearly 5000 brits at Paris this year i've read somewhere!

yeh..   and 4986 of those are with yer_maj

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

kaz, my pc ate your number. Can I have it again please?

Jimbob, I have your inside leg measurements...of  course...but not your mobile image

• Eww! There must be history behind that stool pic *shudders to think*

Peter - I've been training with Crosbie Crew there on tues nights when work permits, and then round the tan before work/lunchtimes when time permits.

I very ambitiously signed up for blue, partly because I thought I could train and push for sub 3:30 and partly because blue is my fav colour... He he he I'm thinking green or purple might be a little more realistic for my first mara, but not nearly as pretty! Hey, I'm a girl, partial to changing my mind AND pretty things!
  • M_Maus. Yes you are on that list. Safe. image

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    Does it matter which pen we are in? I'm in green (4h+? ) but hoping to finish sub 4h (purple?) . People are going to have good/bad days, others are going to start t too fast. Plus there are waves. +/- a pen?

Taper madness. I've been following the site and i've read back. What is the difference between normal madness and taper madness? "This thread contains nuts!".
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Dark Vader wrote (see)
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

the main thing is, we're there! nearly 5000 brits at Paris this year i've read somewhere!

yeh..   and 4986 of those are with yer_maj

That was *quite* funny.

Have a muffin.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    PC91 wrote (see)
    Does it matter which pen we are in? I'm in green (4h+? ) but hoping to finish sub 4h (purple?) . People are going to have good/bad days, others are going to start t too fast. Plus there are waves. +/- a pen?

Taper madness. I've been following the site and i've read back. What is the difference between normal madness and taper madness? "This thread contains nuts!".

You'll find out next week image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Either Sunday has taken out me or the last five weeks of trying to get marathon fit have, but that's two nights in a row I've had next to nothing in the tank when running. I managed to get another 9 miles in tonight, but really did feel like I was shuffling rather than running.

I need to change pen. I'm not in purple shape and don't want the mental slap in the face of everyone flying past me all race. I'm not sure what colour I should be. There's no peely wally pen!

• Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

M_Maus. Yes you are on that list. Safe. image

Phew! Otherwise I'd be Billy No Mates (well, more than normal...)

• Think I will be avioding the forum next week..........I have another week before taper starts and you lots madness may just send me over the edge!!!image

• When you speak about time on your feet in training.........does it have to be running or does walking count??image