Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Thanks for all the subliminal messages....  Dannir is trying to get me into trouble...  its a fabulously crazy, and frankly ridiculous, idea that I am struggling to resist...  I am weak...

There may be a vacancy for Mrs DV soon..   send your applications in now...  

Jus T..   you really, really need to be careful now... its too close...  don't run again until you are better, even if that means the next run is in Paris...

TD..  top man...  you never cease to amaze me at your powers to recover...  someone is watching over you...

Jimbob..   love the mug..!

yer_maj..  tart..   sun, sun, sun..  here comes the sun..  do, do, dooo, do

Iain Moore 2..  if it goes pear shaped, just join us at the back..  you'll be very welcome

Maus..  with a bunch of us to jolly you along, you'll get your PB..  stick with me and I'll pace you to perfection.  

everyone on their last long runs...  well done..!

• Options

DV - You know you want too!!

JTB - Good luck today.

Enjoy your runs everyone.

I haven't been out yet, and I am contemplating a total day of non- exercise apart from dog walking. It will be the first since sometime before 14th Feb and think its due??? Or am I just being lazy??? Any thoughts or do I shift my lazy a*** and wait until I am in taper for complete rest??image

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

How many application have you had so far DV?image

Today's recovery programme for my legs consists of digging the allotment... image

• Options

ATM - I had a celebratory pint of Caffrey's last night.

However, the whole St Patrick's thing is an ex-pat thing, IMHO, and a way to sell black-coloured alcohol based on a national cliche. I shall wait for Corcoran's until I indulge myself in any black stuff...

• Options

Orbutt - had me laughing that speech.

Tommy - maybe a bit long for next week. Altho it depends what your goal for Paris is. What you aiming for?

Jus T - Frustrating, but you did the right thing

Kaz - It's due. Don't feel guilty

Jimbob - Good luck

Emmy, I'm definitely not posting a picture of my breakfast - dread to think what you'd say if you think Jimbob's is a big brekkie image

• Options

Orbutt..  that was a good one...  image

Weedy...  can you put up the photo of my French Amazon purchase..?

I still can't post pictures on the forum..

• Options

DV - can't as it's on my computer rather than the internet. Can only post pictures if I cut and paste a weblink in (altho who knows when that'll go down again). ATM could put in on her forum site tho.

Any chance ATM?

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

I can't post pictures either which is a real bummer.

20 miles completed this morning- feeling good.

• Options

Yeah......Long run done.  31km and the first 25k were fine, in my comfort zone, last 6k was mostly off road and was killing.  I was almost in tears, but soldiered on.....nice hot choc and a large glass of water in the cafe, a lift up the hill home and a hot shower. Time for a snooze.

3h23, so not bad I thought, lots of hill and the off road bit, so I feel good for Paris.

Well done everyone, nearly there.....

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

... its a fabulously crazy, and frankly ridiculous, idea....

Why would Dan think such a scheme would appeal to DV?image

Where are all the final LSR and Race Reports? imageToday must be a bit of a 'big day' for most of us. It's surely time to pack....

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Emmy, I'm definitely not posting a picture of my breakfast - dread to think what you'd say if you think Jimbob's is a big brekkie image

Ahhh go on! I dare you image

ATM wrote (see)

Where are all the final LSR and Race Reports? imageToday must be a bit of a 'big day' for most of us. It's surely time to pack....

I definitely agree. If it's fabulously crazy AND ridiculous - you HAVE to do it! image

@Kaz - I definitely think your owed a few rest days image

I have the ultimate test of willpower. Fresh cookies and i've not touched one of them!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/581747_848695008250_2100569181_n.jpg

• Options

Orbutt - had me laughing that speech.

Nearly forgot...

http://www.virtualbingo.org/images/blackjack.jpg

Weedy - I agree; thought Jimbob's breakfast was a little on the small side...image

Great photo too!

• Options

This is ONLY for people on the Injury Bench. Hopeit cheers you upimage

• Options
    ATM wrote (see)

Do we know what 'it' is yet?!

• Options
    Text from Jimbob 'freezing cold and pissing rain'. Other than that, no news - other than that he's still alive (presumably) image .

20 done for me, it wasn't fun and it wasn't pretty, but it's in the bag. Really hope the weather's better on race day - I'm not sure I can face 42kms of that.

Now, time for a big curry!
  • Options

TD - That. Is. Fabulous.

Aqua-jogging. image

• Options
    There was a smiley face too from Jimbob, so I guess it wasn't all bad.
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Liverpool Half - Done.

On the down side, it wasn't a PB but I did give it a shot and came in at 1:57:02

However, taking a positive out of it I set a Personal Course record by improving my time by over 6 mins. So I'm happy with the result.

The rain held off, mostly, the wind was non existent and a nice shiny medal has been added to my collection.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Fantastic Orbutt - and at this stage of mara training even more impressive.  That should be a nice comfortable 4:15 for you in Paris then image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

I love that clip...image

@ Iain Moore 2 We could run a book on what ' it' is... I bet it's not aqua-jogging, though.

Onetit has just  emailed me to say she missed some of my micro-management * gasp! *. Since it IS quite useful, here's another-chance-to-see...

CONVOCATION

IMPORTANT

The ' thingy'....the Letter of Confirmation of Registration... which we must take to the Expo ...can now be downloaded and printed.

It's on the  ASO Challenges website.

* Mummy mode: Send yourself a copy on a web-based mail account..In case you lose the thing in Paris...*

It's not well signposted on the English version of the site * showin' off, here...*

Once you've logged in and clicked on ' Marathon', the link is on the righthand side of the page under '  Convocation/Subscription Track'.

Follow the link and click on 'Download my convocation'.

That's the thing you take to the Expo.* It opens in Adobe*

It's a new system, this year. If it's the same as for the Semi, you arrive at the Expo and take your Medical Certificate and the Convocation to a special desk.They examine...and keep...your Certificate and mark your Convocation to show that everything's OK. You take the Convocation to the Bibs' Desk and show it. You get your Bib and a goody-bag. You move on to another desk and pick up a T-shirt.

You can 'change' pens/colours at the Expo but NOT on Sunday morning. You just go to the desk marked ' Litiges' and they will endorse your bib with your new colour.

( Apparently, ' convocation' is the collective noun for eagles..Who knew.. )

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

yer_maj..the Eiffel Tower dress. Fishnet tights avec? Too classy?image

• Options
    Hi Weedy - original plan was sub 4 but I'm having doubts I've done enough endurance for it when I compare it to some of the incredible LSRs that people here have done. My LSRs have been 18, 20 and 22 with 2 weeks between each. Wanting to get another 22 in but wondering if this is panic setting in? Oh magical running people please tell me if it's a bad idea!
  • Options
    Good LSRing folks and well done with the half Orbutt.

A stronger field in today's Duathlon but managed 4th and knocked one and a half minutes off my time. Reeled a few of the fast cyclists in on the run, which is always satisfying....
  • Options
    Did someone say fishnet tights? Always a good idea.
  • Options

20 miles done yesterday in the most horrendous weather - took me 4 hours - not so bothered about the distance, just wanted the time on my feet.  I am a bit sore today but feeling good... now for the good bit, let the taper commence image

• Options
    Tommy, personally I'd drop back to 14-15 miles next weekend. But it's your call.
  • Options

TD: Comedy gold. "I'm sure he'll still go acqua jogging"! Hilarious.

34km done for me. Righto Paris. Bring it.