Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

....of what his snack is going to be....

• Onetit wrote (see)

Thanks ATM, your page is showing you as registered, that's the difference, mine is not, so I can't go any further.

have emailed the Paris Mara so see what they say.

onetit...   you are registered...  it clearly shows your name and bib number!  

You need to enter your username and password and then you can progress

• just want to make sure that they don't need any other paperwork, I've printed off the page with my BIB number, so hope that's ok

Cheers

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

....of what his snack is going to be....

Scooby snack!

• Wheat free spaghetti, veggie chillie and grated cheese.

Today was horrendously wet, wettest run I've ever done, and the rain was cold. Reading is a great race, great route, great atmosphere. I didn't think it could be quicker than Silverstone especially in the terrible conditions but that might be the thing that made me work harder CAUSE I SMASHED IT AGAIN. I started in the 7.40s, after the steep hill on mile 3 I seemed to glide through the next 4 miles until another steep hill around 7/8 and after that I just kept swearing and running past people. It was another day of jostling and overtaking. I should have started further up. Reeled the 1.40 pacer in around mile 8 and pushed on to hunt down the 1.35 guy, didn't catch him but I must have been close as my finish time was quicker than him 1.33, awaiting official time from website. 7 of the 13 miles were in the 6s. The finish in the stadium is on weird board thingys and in the rain are scary slippery so I ddnt sprint it at full pelt otherwise I might have shaved a few more seconds off. I'm feeling it now so I've iced the lower calfs and will be resting. I've realised that I should start at the back of bleu pen in Paris, otherwise I'm gonna be jostling and overtaking in purple. Average pace today 7m6s
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

TJB - Wow, amazing time. You're in great form.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

TJB- A Cracking time! Well done!

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Congrats TJB!!!!

well, there's 30 kms on the stumpies (for the newbies, it's my semi-affectionate term for my legs...they are stumpy.  I've measured them) and while they're VERY sore, pace was abysmal (almost a minute slower per mile from amsterdam) there appears to be no breakage. image now to see how they recover and decide whether to push it to 32kms next wknd (YES, I know that only leaves a 1 wk taper...but really...it's not like I'm coming off a huge training plan).

DV & Dannir!!!  WTF are you two up to?!?!  You gonna race a balloon this time DV?

• TJB - A brilliant time - again!! Well done!imageimage

Orbutt - Great time too, 6 mins is a lot of your course record!!imageimage

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Well done, TJB! You're on a roll. Fantastic race and fantastic report. I think you deserve a cup of tea...

• RS - 2 week taper after next weekend........its 3 weeks today!!!

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Onetit's right, DV. We've both had a look under the hood and she can't get to the magic convocation image  Maybe they're adding names in some sort of rolling programme...

Right, I'm off to shout ' Fire!' in a crowded theatre..* I mean, I look forward to ASO's answer to Ontit's email...*

My first thought, too, RS image Welcome back.

• Well done on that race......great time.

will reply when I get a response.....

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

RS - A minute a mile down isn't too bad considering how much training you've lost. I'm about 1:30 per mile down on my Paris time from lasy year on long runs and 1 minute down on what was my long slow run pace from last year.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    kaz1 wrote (see)

RS - 2 week taper after next weekend........its 3 weeks today!!!

waaahhh??!?!  yeah, that's what I meant...another LSR next weekend and then party tapir time (he's even got a party hat and noise maker this year) for two weeks.

• 'OO'50 wrote (see)

I can't post pictures either which is a real bummer.

20 miles completed this morning- feeling good.

OO - fab distance. Are you in for London or Sunderland this year instead of Paris?

RS - fab, superb recovery, stumpies or not.

Jimbob - words fail me. Incredible performance.

Orbutt - all the best people are doing 1hr57 halfs this yearimage Well done!

• Eating a Cornetto Enigma now!
  • Dannirr - phantom pain, eh? What's that all about?! Glad today went well.

• Dark Vader wrote (see)

Thanks for all the subliminal messages....  Dannir is trying to get me into trouble...  its a fabulously crazy, and frankly ridiculous, idea that I am struggling to resist...  I am weak...

There may be a vacancy for Mrs DV soon..   send your applications in now...  

Jus T..   you really, really need to be careful now... its too close...  don't run again until you are better, even if that means the next run is in Paris...

TD..  top man...  you never cease to amaze me at your powers to recover...  someone is watching over you...

Jimbob..   love the mug..!

yer_maj..  tart..   sun, sun, sun..  here comes the sun..  do, do, dooo, do

Iain Moore 2..  if it goes pear shaped, just join us at the back..  you'll be very welcome

Maus..  with a bunch of us to jolly you along, you'll get your PB..  stick with me and I'll pace you to perfection.  

everyone on their last long runs...  well done..!

DV: That'd be ace. We'll see how we go...

• RS, well done for getting your training together albeit late, please come on the Good Friday death march with TJB and RR and whoever else we drag along.
  • TJB: Congratulations! That's incredible. In the words of the great KO's (forum regular last year) you are gonna run Paris like you stole something!

• Well done to all the LSRers, after today, it's taperville apart from all the late starters

Orbs, great run mate image
  • I ran like that today MM and got a few funny looks. If I start in the right pen, then hopefully I'll blend into the background
  • Jimbob - I am in London at lunchtime on Good Friday, staying for the weekend. What time is the death march?! (Assuming my leg has recovered...)

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    The Jimbob wrote (see)
    RS, well done for getting your training together albeit late, please come on the Good Friday death march with TJB and RR and whoever else we drag along.

I really want to join you guys BUT the day before, I will be arriving back from a 3 day trip to moscow at 6ish and going straight to a concert (joe bonamassa - best contemporary blues/rock guitarist there is)...so I'm thinking a bit of sleep and quiet time might be in order.  I'm around the rest of easter though if you guys feel like a repeat performance (abet a shorter distance) on sun or mon...if I don't have to work.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Nice one JB - 3:45 for you I reckon image

*Kate's predictions will be back for another episode next week....*

• FFS TJB- that is phenomenonemal! Well done!
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    TJB - you are on fire mate.

RS - yay, the stumpies are back on form
  • IM2, RS, I have to go back to the committee regarding a later start but if I get the nod of Mrs C that might work for you Iain and give Jane the lie in that she so needs after her boozy night image
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Jane, who is this Jane you refer to?!?!  Good one Deep Throat.image and it definitely won't be a boozy night, just an exhausting day/night.

Orbutt - well, I wouldn't say they're on form...there's a great john wayne walk going at the moment.