Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Quite right Eggy. We don't want no crazy fools messin' up our plan, me and MrT and Leeds Rob and Ingrid are cookin' up!

Clag - I bring along a box of my own Gluten Free pasta and they take care of it. No problem last year. So if you intend to join with us, you need to say so. I'll make the reservation tmrw.

And happy first day of Spring in terms of the Solar cylce - we've made it to the Equinox. Bright warm sunny days are coming our way

Interesting you say that training isn't hard unless something breaks or falls off Kaz?!? Are you punishing yourself for something you did in another life?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

TD were're expecting a personalised routine for each of us.  No pressure now.

Man my arse hurts.  You may be hearing more of this lament over the course of the day....

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

See - no sooner do you get your ar5e working then you try to break it. There's just no pleasing some peopleimage

• Options

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SYMAF7RKMas/TDno0pPJuAI/AAAAAAAABsE/qJaMtxi6W20/s1600/austria2010_01476.jpg

Can't go missing out on all the cross-Europe running fun, could I.

Jus T - it your birthday today? If so, happy birthday image If not, a belated happy birthday image

RR - I've been looking on Debretts social season guide and North Tyneside 10k's not on it. I'm shocked, it's like the Henley of Tyneside. But without the boats. And the champagne. Now, where did I put my running cravat?

EE, Yer Maj - ouch.

Peter - Weren't you flying over early? You must be setting off fairly soon. Or were you tacking the trip on the end of Paris?

• Options
    Hello ! Does anyone know if there's a Paris marathon app ?? There was one for Berlin last year and it was really useful as my husband could see when I'd passed each 5k marker.

Finally managed to get my medical certificate done too !!
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

*mounts podium for speech*

Can I just say, I love you lot.  You brighten my day up so often.  Weedy, that cravat image has me chuckling....almost took my mind of my hurty arse for a moment.  But not quite.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Sazzle, the link is here   http://www.parismarathon.com/marathon/2013/fr/r6_applicationOfficielle.html   but it doesn't take me anywhere... Has anyone else managed?

• Options

Yer_Maj - you have my sympathies with the falling down stairs in socks malarkey!!  As Tricky Dicky  & Onetit will confirm, I fell down the stairs during the summer with spectacular speed (think wooden, steep stairs) and posted a pic of my purple bottom on facebook image  I was unable to walk for 3 days and it was during our family holiday!  I used something called Biofreeze (American, very good) on the bruise.  Hope that you feel better soon.  

• Options
    No Paris app yet on AppStore. Maybe next week...

I think this may have been dealt with before, but more snow? Seriously!!
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

I got Biofreeze in Boots, yer_ maj. Very good. image

Sazzle, I've written to ASO. just to make their day.I'll let you know what response I get. From memory, the old ' SMS' system was not activated until shortly before the day. So, perhaps it's the same for the application.

• Options

I remember the photo EE...Come on Maj, show us your photo image

I've got a cold sore, does that count as being poorly - NO?  I didn't think so.  But I hate having them....so am grumpy.

Off soon as it's warming up and I'm gagging to get my new Pink KAZZA top on....

• Options
    Eggy/tricky - have been relaying A Team references, and Mr T suggests he should wear gold chains for the day now. I said he should carry a sign saying "Get some nuts!" (please tell me you've got the snickers ad over there?)

Yer_maj - ouch! I think you're well within your rights to request everyone to do everything for you, while listening to you lament over your bum, entirely legit!

Weedy - it was almost two weeks ago now, but thanks! I've never had more fun celebrating another year circling the sun. Why does everyone make such a big deal over turning 30?! image

Peter, is it just me, or does it seem half of melb is doing r4k?? I've heard people stop in the tunnel and pee? Seriously? Good luck and have fun!

So have gone sick on the roller tonight, and I honestly don't believe the instant relief in my knee! I'm addicted, can I do too much? I'm trying to work out whether I can take it to work and get a cheeky roll in at lunchtime... Thanks for the advice guys, you're the best!
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

ATM - that looks like last year's app, it has the old logo.

From what I recall they are charging for SMS updates this year - I wonder if they will bother with an app

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Ach, you're right O. I don't need to know how slow I'm going, anyway. image

• Options
    RR - I've not heard of Debrett's, so is it bad that when I was reading up on it I had a very posh English accent a la "Ladette to Lady" going on in my head?
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Anyone still looking for a room? Friend has double room, Hotel Glasgow, about a mile from the start.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

great name for a Hotel in Paris....

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

ATM - i think there was someone on here a few days ago looking for one. I could be wrong but I think its Keyzer Suze

• Options

Apologies if this has already been discussed. 

This is my first marathon and it seems odd that I haven't had any confirmation emails giving information on what I need to bring etc. I know I have a place as I am on the runners' list but when you go to running expo what do you need to take? Just your name, bib number and medical certificate? I've bought a place for pasta party but haven't got a ticket for that, will I get one when I pick up my bib?

And how early would everyone suggest getting to the start line, obviously you don't want to stood around for ages but equally you don't want to be right at the back of the pen you're in.

Also is it true they give out sugar cubes? I was going to take some fruit pastilles but if they give out suger cubes then I guess they'll do the job!

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Hello, James.

Yes, you pick up the pasta party ticket at the Expo. You need your Medical Certificate...signed AND stamped, as they insist.., your passport AND the ' convocation'.You probably have had all the emails you're going to get  so, if you've missed the last bit' this might help....

CONVOCATION

IMPORTANT

The ' thingy'....the Letter of Confirmation of Registration... which we must take to the Expo ...can now be downloaded and printed.

It's on the  ASO Challenges website, not the Marathon homepage.

* Mummy mode: Send yourself a copy on a web-based mail account..In case you lose the thing in Paris...*

It's not well signposted on the English version of the site * showin' off, here...*

Once you've logged in and clicked on ' Marathon', the link is on the righthand side of the page under '  Convocation/Subscription Track'.

Follow the link and click on 'Download my convocation'.

That's the thing you take to the Expo.* It opens in Adobe*

It's a new system, this year. If it's the same as for the Semi, you arrive at the Expo and take your Medical Certificate and the Convocation to a special desk.They examine...and keep...your Certificate and mark your Convocation to show that everything's OK. You take the Convocation to the Bibs' Desk and show it. You get your Bib and a goody-bag. You move on to another desk and pick up a T-shirt.

You can 'change' pens/colours at the Expo but NOT on Sunday morning. You just go to the desk marked ' Litiges' and they will endorse your bib with your new colour.

( Apparently, ' convocation' is the collective noun for eagles..Who knew.. )

There's sugar/fruit/dried fruit at the stations. Details on the website. If you'd like some notes about the course itself, email me  at atmparis75 at yahoo dot com   They're just personal observations  collected from the last few years.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Thanks, Emmy..KS? The room is for 3 nights , from Saturday.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

James - I wouldn't rely on what is provided on course for your race nutrition. If you've trained using fruit pastilles, take them with you.

There is a letter on your registration details site, http://www.asochallenges.com/?language=en-EN, that you need to login to and print and take with you. It's listed as "convocation" for some reason nobody can actually figure out. You'll need that and your medical certificate with you at the expo to collect your bib. No idea about the pasta party.

There's a forum meet up at the Arc at 8am before the race. Give yourself plenty of time. It will be busy getting to and around that area.

• Options

Hi James. I'd take your fruit pastilles with you. If there aren't any sugar cubes, or you don't spot where they are and miss them, you're going to be kicking yourself. I can't remember if they had sugar cubes on the course last year, but they definitely had them at the finish, along with bananas and water.

Timings wise, I wouldn't worry too much about being at the back of the pen, unless you're really gunning for a PB. The roads, especially the Champs Elysees at the start, are fairly wide, so it's not hard to overtake.

http://imprint.printmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bjorn_Kowalski_Hansen_17.jpg

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Weedy - If you see a sign for Bratislava I would get worried if I was you, you'll be heading the wrong way !!!  You need to look for Brussels. image

• Options

Jus T

I think this lot here have got to you . all this talk about tunnels and pee and getting a cheeky roll in at lunchtime.image

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    ATM wrote (see)

Malcs, on past form, DV will be posting on this thread throughout the marathon..

Fab! I will look out for the updates, thanks ATM.

• Options

Hi Weedy

Family left Wednesday last week and I'm leaving next Wednesday, spending a week in Herefordshire, then heading to Paris.

Felt commited to delay my trip as I have quite a number of friends/clients competing at Melbourne Ironman.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Little chilly here for the first day of Spring. Heading out for a nice 8-9 miles once I leave work. Tomorrow they're speaking of snow. In Atlanta in March?

Watched Orbut's video again last night on a huge projection screen - that was way cool, could really identify everyone very well.

• Options

I am a big fan of Biofreeze.

However, I was rubbing some into the top of my leg last night and accidentally (honest) rubbed some onto my 'dangly bits'. Not pleaseant. Feels like someone has poured petrol on and put a match to it....

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

image I know I shouldn't laugh...

We're still tuploading photos to our Who's Who. * Recent contributions from yer_maj and Simon will not feature. Most of us are recognised by our faces... image* jpeg to me if you'd like yours added.

Rougues' Gallery, here   https://plus.google.com/photos/117729082344820870557/albums/5805084366828840641?banner=pwa