Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

And welcome to the thread Brian O'R. Of course you're not alone. * Flourishes Irish passport from behind St. Andrew's Cross* The Embassy is on Avenue Foch. 'Think they'd let us use their loo?

• Options

@ATM they better, it's part of my race strategy!  

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

@ Brian. image Is this your first Paris? More importantly, have you printed off your Convocation for the Expo? * If this is News, now's the time to find out....*

• Options

@ ATM, yeah first Paris, 2nd Marathon. eh....Convocation? have my medial cert thats it.....

• Options

ATM..    I've just emailed you one of Dan and myself at the end of the London to Brighton..

• Options
    ATM wrote (see)

@ Brian. image Is this your first Paris? More importantly, have you printed off your Convocation for the Expo? * If this is News, now's the time to find out....*

This is news to me, what is the "Convocation"?

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

I've got a horrible feeling that the Medical Cert/Convocation Desk at the Expo will be the scene of several non-French meltdowns..

@Brian. This is a re-post...

CONVOCATION

IMPORTANT

The ' thingy'....the Letter of Confirmation of Registration... which we must take to the Expo ...can now be downloaded and printed.

It's on the  ASO Challenges website, not the Marathon Homepage.

* Mummy mode: Send yourself a copy ...of everything..on a web-based mail account.In case you lose the originals en route ...*

It's not well signposted on the English version of the site * showin' off, here...*

Once you've logged in and clicked on ' Marathon', the link is on the righthand side of the page under '  Convocation/Subscription Track'.

Follow the link and click on 'Download my convocation'.

That's the thing you take to the Expo.* It opens in Adobe*

It's a new system, this year. If it's the same as for the Semi, you arrive at the Expo and take your Medical Certificate and the Convocation to a special desk.They examine...and keep...your Certificate and mark your Convocation to show that everything's OK. You take the Convocation to the Bibs' Desk and show it. You get your Bib and a goody-bag. You move on to another desk and pick up a T-shirt.

You can 'change' pens/colours at the Expo but NOT on Sunday morning. You just go to the desk marked ' Litiges' and they will endorse your bib with your new colour.

( Apparently, ' convocation' is the collective noun for eagles..Who knew.. )

Expo: You NEED

1. 1.       Medical Certificate
    2. 2.        Convocation
    3. 3.        Passport

Sorry about the formatting.

• Options

Love the Utube ATM......

Got ALL my paperwork now - yippeee dooo dahs.

No run for me today, schedule dictates it's tomorrow - will be odd, as I don't usually run on a Sat.

Sorry to hear your Ass is still sore YM, and phew on the lumpy parts too....

Welcome to newbies.

It's warm here now, but rain coming later, and for several days, will check Paris nearer the time in the hope that a heatwave does not appear....please..!!

Started to file down my toe nails and cut all those pesky hard bits off......not nice.

Making list of what to pack now....won't be long....will get Ipod in order next week.

Excited.... image

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I've just facebooked this as well - I smell Armageddon at the expo....

• Options

@ATM - legend! Thanks for that. have you ran paris before yourself?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

ATM *invented* Paris.  I think she knitted it....

• Options
    Brian O Riordan wrote (see)

@ATM - legend! Thanks for that. have you ran paris before yourself?

Nope..   she has never been to Paris......   ever....   not even a million times.....

• Options

Met Office is now saying heavy snow for Windsor by mid-day tomorrow, and minus 7 wind chill overnight. Last year it was 'only' minus 3 and people got hypothermia.

eekk...   might need to re-evaluate my sub-24 pacing...   image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Well, run' as in 'sightsee at a bit of a  lick'...For me, it's a not about running.It's about Paris. * cue the theme music..* Err, to that end, I've made some notes about the course...not about running.email me at atmparis75 at yahoo dot com if you've nothing better to do.

DV, that is a cracking photo! I can't post it on the thread but it's here   https://plus.google.com/photos/117729082344820870557/albums/5805084366828840641/5858159962559503122?banner=pwa  

( That's Dan driving, folks. )Maybe you could tell us what's going on.

yer_maj, we're lucky to have all found each other and to be forewarned.But I think you're right.

/members/images/146061/gallery/Untitled.jpg

No, I only knitted some men and some legwarmers. And a wetsuit.

• Options

That photo of DV with Dannirr behind him in the old Delaware car is fantastic. You can barely even see the cable attached to his harness. Mighty effort to pull it all the way from London to Brighton. Ultrarunner of the Decade DV!

Tempo run today. Cold easterly win, but I WORE MY SUNGLASSES. And it was sunny. 10K hard with a couple of kms each side for wu/cd. Am throbbing now. image

Remind me again Yer_Maj: what's wrong with your derriere? Will it scar like Rob's erm, thingy. Hope you feel happy here Brian; welcome onboard.  Denis - maybe you get to wrap up warm closer to Mdme. Duret this weekend instead? But remember Jimbob's advice for energy conservation pre-mara.

image Smiling to self. I'm not running a mara this spring image

• Options

Many thanks ATM - i will now go and print off my convocation and also email to myself to ensure i have it. I thought it was just the medical certificate you needed.

• Options
    Talking of wetsuits, in a moment of taper, fidgety, madness last night, I clicked on 'enter' and am now signed up for the Barcelona Triathlon in October. The Olympic distance.(which I haven't done before). It involves a 1500 open water meter swim (which I haven' done before). And I don't have a wetsuit! And will need to hire a bike! Oh dear.
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

TD - I fell down the stairs on Wednesday night and banjaxed my coccyx image I'm surprised you didn't hear me from Belgium....I'm not going to ask about your throbbing.

Simon - of course you did, sweetheart.  perfectly normal behaviour....

• Options

just booked a hotel about 60 metres from Arc de'trimphe. (had free cancellation on that other one in Place de Clichy) - so i'll be walking there at 7.55

• Options
    Denis Duret wrote (see)

Coniston 14 has been cancelled. I did it 2 years ago and we had a mini heat wave. The kids were playing in the lake in the afternoon. My wife was going to do it this year but obviously, this is is not going ahead.

Denis - me too. Bit disappointed but was in 2 minds as I'm injured. I loved it last year, perfect running weather as I remember. Also, I believe the weather is dreadful over there. Not so bad in Tyne and Wear. Yet.

• Options
    The forecast for Sunday's Inverurie half marathon is appalling but unfortunately the race director has just announced that it is going ahead.... Gale force easterlies, with snow, and freezing temperatures. My right heel is still painful so I might give the race a miss, wimp that I am.
  • Options
    On the plus side, no medical certificate or convobloodycation required for Barcelona.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Simon MacDoughnut wrote (see)
    On the plus side, no medical certificate or convobloodycation required for Barcelona.

Who else is on the list for Barcelona?

• Yer_maj
    • Emmy_H

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Anyone on the list for Chicago this year?

• Options

Thinking about Barca

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Anyone on the list for Chicago this year?

I'd love to be going back, but sadly not this year. One tip though make sure you get in one of the time based pens at the start if you're aiming for a time. Although they were still in the dark ages and demading faxed proof to get in one of those pens last year. I didn't think anyone still had a fax machine. They probably recorded the race on Betamax!

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    DV love that photo and from that angle it seems that you won image

Emmy - are you doing doing the triathlon in Barcelona or the Marathon? When is the marathon? If its Spring I may consider it if (when) I get rejected again by VLM
  • Options

It was two weeks ago I think, so plenty time to train....