Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

I hope the weather is going to be better in Paris than here?

last year I ran the stratford marathon and it was dropt down to a half on the day due tobad weather.

so I thort i will play it safe and go to PARISimage

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    kaz1 wrote (see)

The madness is really setting in...........how many pages today????image

Its blowing a gale here......again.........along with hail the size o golf balls. 22 miles on the treadmill on Sunday if the wind doesn't b****r off before...........you can hardly stand up ootside! image

Cracked bone in Juniors wrist, but one that doesn't require imbolising......which is good I think...........image

That's good news! It's blowing a gale here as well but no snow as yet!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Oh, I've discovered a way to make the forum message thing work. When your first post is rejected, use the backspace and then send it again.It seems to work....  Phill, I've sent you a message. It's a test.image

• Options

ATM I have reseved you test message.now I am prepering my self for the rest!

with regards to the clothes drop off point in PARIS,IS IT O.K?

• Options
    Calmed down a bit now!
  • Options

Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Just done an easy 4 miler in driving snow.....

Can do the no sex bit I'm married....

Not sure about the apr??s race as we have an apartment full of our kids......

As Mr Maus's Dad always says: "Do you still have sex, or are you already playing golf!" [It somehow sounds funnier in German.]

• Options

ps does anybody want to write my paper about the relevance of Article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights for legislative drafting? It's only due on Monday...

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Phill, your message is blank. I think the forum is still eating the text... Send me at email at atmparis75 at yahoo dot com  and I'll be able to email you back.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Snow is getting heavier here - we've got about 3" so far.

I know that I'm tapering but I'm due to do 22k on Sunday and I don't want to risk slippage or frostbite.

I don't have a dreadmill, so if I can't run outside on Sunday is there anything that I can do in its place?
  • Options

phillipg.thomas2@sky.com

• Options
    Just catching up here - fruit based technology preventing me from seeing the videos, so I'll have to crank up the steam powered laptop later.

Today's purchase - some rather fetching purple trail running socks from Decathlon. I'm fed up coming back with my white socks all manky, and I'm not keen on black ones. They should look just great with my blue and orange shoes image .

I've used the apps for the last 2 years - in theory you should be able to save favourite runners and see all their split times. But in the past it hasn't been all that reliable - apparently I'm still somewhere out on the course in 2011.
  • Options
    MM - cross post. Legislative drafting you say? My favourite subject image
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    RR - according to the 2012 app I'm still out there too.

My watch had run out of charge too, so it wasn't until I was at Corcorans that I managed to get onto the net to find my time.
  • Options
    MM - oh yes - except I'm usually arguing with people about how it should be amended.
  • Options
    Running Rodent wrote (see)
    They should look just great with my blue and orange shoes image .

Adidas Tempo 5
  • Options
    Close - Adios 2.
  • Options
    Running Rodent wrote (see)
    MM - oh yes - except I'm usually arguing with people about how it should be amended.

Ah. Right. Then I'd be the person you'd be arguing with...we should chat!

• Options

Been lurking a lot, but following this thread intently. Can't believe it's only 2 weeks away!

Question, is 15 miles tomorrow too much? The past four weekends have been 3 20 miles, and a half marathon (incidently a PB by 11 minutes. This marathon larks doing wonders!). I'd originally planned 15 miles this weekend, 10 the weekend after, but getting a bit paranoid about over doing it.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend, and are coping with the taper well

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Swindon Dave - No, that sounds about right to me.

• Options
    Think we're supposed to be doing 15 tomorrow. Weather permitting
  • Options

Cool, good stuff. Going to try doing my run B.C. (before cornflakes) tomorrow, having just realised how early the marathon itself starts. Even on Big runs I'm rarely out the door before half ten, best get the body used to early starts

• Options
    James B 73 wrote (see)

Does anyone else find that a depression descends a few days after a race. For example, after the Liv half on sunday I have felt a little low. of course, we have Paris to look forward to but I have no races planned afterwards. So a severe depression warning is in place. it could be just the god foresaken weather we are enjoying at the moment. You think you are into March. you have survived the summer and it gives us 5 inches (of snow).

Anyway, may do Shrewsbury Half or Full Marathon in June and it looks like Dublin Marathon in October.

Good grief, fast thread today.

Severe drop in mood and co-existent viral illness my normal for a post-marathon period, or indeed a Half wherein I pull out all the stops (i.e. have trained well for).

The human body and our psyche, never mind their foibles, are amazing.

My next long run (I hope) will be Paris.

Swindon Dave - sounds like your training's been great. Does your plan have you down for 15 tomorrow? I was planning a 14 miler (the event has been cancelled) myself but was going to take it really slowly...

• Options

Yeah it does, although to paraphrase Captain Barbossa, the plan has been more of a guideline than an actual rule.

• Options

Dave - mine too!

ATM - wonderful video, thanks.

It ain't over til it's over.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Well, just when I thought I had the Goofy Challenge out the way, Disney, in their financial wisdom, have seen fit to introdue the Dopey Challenege: 5K thursday, 10K Friday, Half marathon Saturday and Full Marathon Sunday.  Think I'm gonna have to sign up.

• Options

Dannirr...  and you know they created a similar one on the West Coast, with a separate special medal for those that do both East and West coast versions...?

Go on..  you know you want to....!

In the meantime..  I have my kit ready for this weekend.   I must say that I look less like I'm about to run and more like I'm trekking to the South Pole.  The weather conditions are dreadful, it is torrential rain right now and the predictions for the weekend are variations of rain, sleet and snow with wind chill down to -7c overnight.  By any standards, this is going to be a hardcore run.

I'm ready for it...  bring it on...!   image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

When do you start, DV?

• Options

It starts at 10am tomorrow morning.   

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Orbutt wrote (see)
    RR - according to the 2012 app I'm still out there too.
    My watch had run out of charge too, so it wasn't until I was at Corcorans that I managed to get onto the net to find my time.

really?  what time did you get?image

Iain moore, did you get my message or are you ignoring me?  it's okay if you are.  I can take rejection (I get it from VLM every year) image christmas smilies are gone image