Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• kaz1 wrote (see)

I  am feeling really lonely up here in the far North.............Billy no Mates.....image

7.8 hilly miles for me tonight, with another KOC run planned for tomorrow but it looks like its gan to be mega hard frost againimage

Kazza - darlin, not long till we're all together in gay Paree. Plus, if you'll have me, i'm up for some i/m later on fuzzbook (no webcams mind!)

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Have read back, now. Hello, Ncane2, Mary and Stan image  You could always pass the taper reading the thread.Or just look at the picture. *Spreadsheet, DV? It's a cut and paste list...I'm low-tec.*

kaz,you've got the loveliest place to run in. And the stars are brighter, there.

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

I deciced not to run today - last "long" one tomorrow.

Instead, this is what I did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhEJC3RfEBE

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Busy thread today!

I spend the entire day working on a project. Just turned on the telly to get ready to watch The Walking dead and the bloody thing has died on me. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Well no TV for me for a few months until I can save up for a new one. image

• Great day on the slopes today. Loads of snow and lots of sun. Bloody cold though. Feeling weatherbeaten - face is bright red to match my hair.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Thank the Gods (or as they are otherwise known Google) I've fixed it. Now bring on the zombie apocalypse. image

• Eggy - I've got a little portable one I don't use. Postage will be a bit excessive and I'm not going to lug it to Pasta Papas, but if you're passing through the North-East any time, you're welcome to it for nowt.

• Have been killling the evening watching Marathon Videos on youtube. Watched this one, which is a guy who's filmed himself the whole race. Notwithstanding the logistics of how he actually did that, I can't believe how un-tired he looks at the end. Not a drop of sweat on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shYJABQsTzs (crosses the finish line after about 20 minutes)

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Dannir - wow. Was that what you went shopping for recently?
  • DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Orbutt - indeed it is. That video is the first starting of that car in over 20 years, which is accomplished by rapidly turning that huge flywheel by hand. I have been working on the car since getting it. Mr Karl Benz was a smart guy, but his wife Bertha was the reason for the success of this car.
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    It looks new. You've done a fabulous job.

I must admit, at one point I thought you were going to clip the wall image
  • Dannirr wrote (see)

Whose doing the breakfast run on Saturday?

I am - looking forward to it. Catch you there? I think maybe Eggy too...

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Yes, I think I'm going to do it too. Mostly to give me a better idea of what to wear for the temperature image. Not planning on going to fast though.

• ClagClag ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to think I maybe like purple better than green & seeing as a couple of other folks have messed up the numerical order I might just follow suit. That is of course dependent on how big the queue is at the expo! Currently feeling very positive mentally & hoping I can sustain that!

I've no plans to run the breakfast run but might be tempted to go for a wee look outside. Mission Paris currently involves arrival & expo on Thursday, then a wee walk to figure out how to get from the hotel to the start on Friday. image
  • Morning all,

Dannirr/IM/Eggy - Breakfast run for me and my lovely daughters tooimage

Dannirr - Awesome!!!

Another gorgeous, white frosty morning here....bloody freezing but another 9.8 miles in the bag, so in the last 12 hours -17.6 miles..........will that make up for my lack of LSR last weekend........Cut back from now on -10k tomorrow then 5 miles Monday, 5 miles Wednesday then breakfast run....

Going to be a lovely day for a long stroll with my post bag!!!image

• Noooooooo! Stop messing with my lovely list! You can all change pens if you want but the numerical order of the list needs to remain like that or we will drown under infinite variations and it will look a mess. Not that I have OCD or anything. I just fear the universe will end....

Change your pens at the expo if you wish to...
  • Weedy, no... the Georgia run isn't going to happen.

However, I have found a new desert run for 2014 that I am very tempted by. Still pondering the logistics of that one...
  • Oh list fairy wonderous list fairy stay calm .... its only formattingimage.

You lucky girl Kaz, running fab and now cut back for oh 6 days and then you;ll on the start line in Paris raring to go .. as will you allimage.

Well demons (some of them) put to rest yesterday as did 22.5 miles without any medical interferrence and no side effects today.  Really relieved as was my nemesis, was slow but felt really strong and pushed the last 3 miles to mile 21 then just trotted the rest as cool down - all done in 3hrs 35mins in exceptionally windy conditions and boy was it cold and for me to think is was windy as its always windy in jersey it really must have been blowing a hooly!!!

Happy running and stop the tapir madness......

• Yaaaaaaaaa PF!! Congrats on putting demons to rest!!! Great running!!!image

• PF - you must feel on top of the world, well done!

Kaz, sounds like you are all set for a good one next weekend.  Enjoy your stroll  image

• Dannirr - hadn't thought of it as a test-the-water type deal but good idea. I missed it last year and haven't ever done one. So can't wait.

Kaz - hope we can all meet at the start!
  • yip Iain, Some of us did meet up last year at the start.

• Are we still wearing green ribbons at the meet at the arc de triumph ?

Not sure if I read it on here or if it was in my head !

Looking forward to Paris and seeing some of you at the arc and maybe in the pen

Arriving in Paris in Saturday at twoish , then picking up keys for the apartment at 3:30 , then heading to the expo so won't see anybody till Sunday
  • Don't know If I am going to bother changing pens..........May just wait until everyone goes then head to the toilet!!

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Scott - the green ribbons, whilst not really necessary for the Arc are a damn fine idea to wear at all times. Last year Mrs O and I had ours permanently affixed to our coats. When we turned up at Corcorans, we didn't know there was a downstairs so we thought we'd been stood up. Someone spotted our green ribbons, asked us if we were with Runners World and pointed us downstairs

The usual meeting place at the Arc is, with your back to the Champs Elysee - facing the Arc - the front right leg.

I've been using DV's list to check the runners list, to help when it comes to compiling the finishes - and I've spotted a couple of incorrect bib numbers. These are for people whose non-superhero names I already know, so there may be some others. If your Superhero name gives no indication as to your real name, could you check your names/numbers against the list, as I would hate to miss someone out.

In the mean time - DV

Neil Belgium should be 4648

Radar Sal should be 30831

Trevor Olver should be 37685

Emmy, I'm not sure if you may have mixed up your prenom and your nom on your entry - assuming that Emmy is a derivation of your first name then it may be back to front. I can't see that this will cause you a problem but I thought you may get a funny look when you check in.

Yay PF - running demons slayed
  • Orbutt..   those numbers are very different...   I'll let the people concerned verify it before I change it...   I used the numbers that people gave me...

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

ha ha ha, TJB informed me yesterday that my number was wrong on the list, I popped a msg to DV this morning to correct it and Orbutt has already done it for me too.  It's stalking but in a warm and fuzzy wayimage

I have had a trauma.  I ordered what I thought were red running tops from the internet.  My current batch is due for a change.  The tops have turn up and they're PHUCKING PINK!!!!!  I DO NOT DO PINK!  It's an alrightish pink, if you're into that but I...AM...NOT!  So now I have to find some other tops and try and return or sell-on the pink tops.  It's just too much!

Anyway, they're good summer running tops, size M/12 nike dri-fit embossed v-neck short sleeve t-shirts, blush pink is how i'd describe the colour.  I've worn the style for a while and really like the fabric, fit etc, £18ish per top.  So message me if you want one or more.  I have 4 image for me but yay for you.

• Great running PF and Kaz. My next run will be on 7 April...... (Heel permitting)

Tempted by the t-shirt RS, but probably too small, and would clash with my yellow shorts.

Beautiful day here so off for a long cycle.
  • PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    April fool's is Monday but someone is having a joke today. It's snowing in Paris! Nothing's settling but strange to look out if the window.

DLR - how are you? Heard that you haven't been feeling yourself!
  • yeah - when i was imputting thread bib numbers into my app - so i can stalk all your progress on the race, RS's came out as Douglas Bertram. The app is a bit crap - if you try and search by name, its a bit hit and miss, so i couldn't find "Radar Sal" image in the runners list and panicked that her registration might have cocked up! It's just more of that taper paras that i've been getting. Lots of my family and friends have been struck down with various bugs - so i'm not having anything to do with them until Aptil 8th!