Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Thanks TD - PP here we all come!

Should we wear name badges?

Did 11.5M ish yesterday with relatively few twinges, hurrah. Then went out for a pub crawl which involved three pubs and a round trip walk of abot 7 miles. Sofa day today!

About to enjoy M&S HCB with chocolate in, bless Mr KS' socks.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

KS - it's way more fun doing random glances and asking people "are you from the forum?".  Name tags are for conferences and speed dating, not random internet hook-ups.image

• hey guys!!

back to the thread after a week! here are my deets - Nom : O Riordan
    Prénom : Brian
    Numéro de dossard : 3155

exciting times!!!! hope everyone is doing well!!!!

• Radar Sal wrote (see)

KS - it's way more fun doing random glances and asking people "are you from the forum?".  Name tags are for conferences and speed dating, not random internet hook-ups.image

Which of course reminds me of Jimbob chatting to that random bloke in the pub...  who by sheer coincidence is doing Paris as well....!

• Preferential
    991 Denis Duret 

Red
    3155 Brian O'Riordan
    3231 Small Hands
    4321 dhale750
    4648 Neil Belgium
    4951 Stan Trinket
    5000 Hockey Goalkeeper
    5995 Bedders 
    6032 Stray Runner

Yellow
    8186 seanb
    8461 Sporty Badger
    8843 Oops
    9016 The Engineer
    9114 djwolf
    10101 Dirty Leeds Rob

Blue
    14021 Mark Beevor
    14160 Weedy Gonzalez
    14467 kaz1
    14558 Edd125
    15080 Ward 6
    15149 MG09
    15350 phil in fitter
    15444 Richard Langton 3
    16171 Steve Duffy 2
    16639 Simon MacD
    20737 Carl D
    37685 Trevor Olver
    50009 Jimbob
    52997 Jimbob's mate Dan

Purple
    14555 Jus T
    27547 NCane2
    28285 Pauline Macfarlae
    28563 Goldeagle
    28790 Nicola bird 2
    28850 Eggyh73
    30188 Johnny Lyall
    30213 Dannirr 
    31612 Elizabeth Ellis 3
    32645 Larri
    32736 Rick James
    33012 Nead G
    40582 Clag
    42380 Running Rodent

Green
    37185 yer_maj
    37480 Suzy Martines
    37524 SP13
    37991 Emmy_H
    38351 peter burke 5
    38591 Febo
    38783 Cliff Parker
    39064 Daddsy
    39586 The Luverly Suzie (aka Mrs Ex-Spartan)
    39638 razdaz
    39658 Iain Moore 2
    39851 Dave The Ex-Spartan
    40116 Nic E
    40483 Tiddy
    41369 Monkey man
    41747 Scott Walker
    42561 ATM
    42579 PC91
    43795 NGUG
    46570 Alexander

Grey
    50501 swindon dave
    51095 KeyserSuze
    51222 James B 73
    51614 Mrs dj
    51653 Sarah Buchanan Smith 3
    52460 TartanPimpernel
    52868 Orbutt

Pink
    30831 Radar Sal
    58012 Audrey Brown
    58251 Londonliv
    58463 DV
    62660 Marathon Maus
    63573 Onetit

• I can't keep my eyes open, so todays run is cancelled.image

Thank goodness for you organised people or I wouldn't ken whit was happening!

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Loads of time on my hands so we've been decorating the spare bedroom.

I have a marvellous platform which means that, at my height, my head just touches the ceiling if I stand up straight.

All well and good, if I hadn't been painting the ceiling.

Now, instead of being grey, I am brilliant white with a matt finish. image

Kaz - that's Scottish. Chuckle image
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I have my Go Faster haircut.  I can do no more.  So I'm going to Febo's gaff to eat pie.  Mr Febo makes stupendous pie image

• This thread is moving on nicely. Will we get 15k replies before the race starts on Sunday. I wouldn't bet against it. Come on lurkers, reveal yourselves! image
  • Because my training mileage has been so low, my taper has meant basicaly grinding to a hault! So today's training was 4 miles @ 'pottering round the block with my parents' pace.

Tomorrow is intervals....as many reps as posible of; 10 - 15 minutes sitting on a chair lift interspersed by 2 - 3 minutes of sliding down a mountain! My sports drink of choice for the day will be vin chaudimage

In the mean time I'll scan the house for a green ribbon image
  • AGH I'm so guilty of lurking and in the last few days panicking image but reading the thread has given me stacks of info and more importantly made me chuckle....so thanks for that one and all!!

Arrive in Paris on Saturday and right now I'm surrounded by lists. Must...stop..reading..thread...must...tick...some..boxes.

Good luck to you all - have a great race image

Charlie

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Welcome to the thread,chas. Now that you've outed yourself, why not entertain us...image * 'Never seen the harm in lurking* The $64,000 question being' Is there anything on your list that should be on everyone's?'

And are you coming to the pub?

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

We're going to need a bigger pub...image

• Hi everyone I introduced myself back on page 300 ish and have been lurking since then. I read the forum every day and you've all given good advice and I've enjoyed the banter.

My training has been on and off I injured my ankle early February and it took a month to heal properly with no discomfort but I still hope to gain a PB sub 3.30 on the day (fingers crossed) see how it goes on the day really. My main aim is to try and enjoy the race and finish.

I've enjoyed reading all your posts and maybe hope to catch up with some of you in paris, hope you all have a good week and a good race.
  • I'm a lurker what can I say....I've mainly used other people's lists to make my list...although now i'm having to rethink what I'm going to wear - more layers will be packed and worn!

But I'll probably get really hot by mile 3...I'll be the one with all the layers, hat, gloves shoved down my running trousers.

I won't be at the pub - I think I'm booked on a bus or boat trip booked for the evening - I'm bringing my Mum to Paris and she's gone booking mad....just to be clear I'm not 10 years old er I don't live with her and I plan to be drunk on the bus/boat image

Have fun at the pub...!

• Chas - we want lists , this week is list week , show us yours in case I ,,, I mean we ( the thread ) have forgotten something really important ,, like ribbons or horses ( both now on my list image
  • yer_maj wrote (see)

We're going to need a bigger pub...image

(LIKE image)

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

My taper is going to be zero miles until the breakfast run I think. Some niggling in my ankle since the weekend's run, and I just dont think it's worth risking it. 

Haircut?  Now there's an idea.  Think I might do that tody or tomorrow.

We arrive in Paris Friday morning, quick city tour then the Expo.

In case I don't remember in person, thanks everyone for the great comraderie, lessons, suport and entertainment once agan this year leading up to this coming weekend. I really appreciate each and every one of you. (Unless you beat me again RS image)

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

I see a slight warm up in the forecast for Sunday now.  Thats good. Of course it throws all our what-to-wear discusion for a loop though

• Ok....well at the top of my list I now have ribbons and horses (phew) then I have several different lists...Food, electrics, running kit, normal clothes, food.

So, I'm bringing things like porridge pots, noodle pots, travel kettle, gels for race (saunter) and scientific recovery snacks i.e. cake and cola. Chargers - for watch, ipod, shuffle...race belt/bum bag/phone pouch...pain killers/gels...shin tape....inhalers...nail clippers/needles image Throw away clothes for the start and then MANY layers....long runners and capri runners (not sure what to wear yet) long sleeve top and t-shirt for over...compression socks...the list goes on and on. Ooo Ooo germaline (can't spell that) muscle cream, and then the important med cert, convocation, passport, tickets.........BREATH......I promise I'm not a freak, but you did ask image

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    We might have to take over the upstairs too image
  • tonight seems good as night as any to re-pack my perfectly packed paris-ready bag.

• Carl DCarl D ✭✭✭

TJB - I have not even started my list of what to bring and you are repacking a perfectly packed bag. When you have finished do you want to pop round and do mine ? I will probably get round to it late on Friday night if the pre going on holiday routine is anything to go by.

• Carl, I wouldn't leave it till Friday fella. Just crack on this evening with the main stuff. And then make a list of things u need to pick up. And get it done next few days.

I've still got mental block about picking up mini tin of Vaseline. Must get me a couple.
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Jimbob - I'm confused. Is Pottermoss your mate Dan or someone else?

Dannir - have you ever visited the Statue of Liberty in Paris?
  • M BaldiniM Baldini ✭✭✭

Plasters or tape for nipples!

http://www.ashrinkslife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/duluth08_bloodynipples3.jpg

I have no hair...not one...anywhere...so the question is do I shine the bonce with some wax or just go for the natural matt look?

• ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Kaz - we fly about 11.30 on Thursday. You're not on the same flight are you?
  • Lists ?

I'll pack about 6 am on Thursday just before we leave for the airport
  • Pottermoss is another friend who's doin the race. I'll check with him first that its ok to include his bib on the mother of all bib lists (I have the info). image

Dan don't do threads or facebook. Quite old fashioned for a young man (unless he's slyly lurking out there without my knowledge ....... )
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Getting nervy now. Went for an 'easy' 4 miler yesterday but in the back of my mind I thought the inury spells had denied me some quality sessions. Before I knew it I was at tempo pace and ran 4 miles at 6.40 pace. image

Haven't a clue where that came from but it's a real confidence booster. Just have to hope I have enough endurance on the day to try and beat my 3.25 PB set 4 years ago at FLM09 (this will only be my 5th mara in 20 years).

Only planing one run this week so the legs can fully recover, it's been a difficult campaign with the calf injuries to both legs.

Keep up the good work, gang!

SB