Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Orbutt wrote (see)
    Emmy - I'll be running in that top. Well, not that top 'cos that ones yours - but one exactly the same. Well not exactly the same, as mine doesn't say Emmy on it.

Ward - and of course, he'll be back image

Orbutt - Your avatar may be misleading but you don't have red hair do you?... Everyone i've met with this top so far has had red hair.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

ATM - if I send you over a document - would you be able to forward it to everyone. It's just an itinery for the weekend (where to be, what tram stop, timing etc). Would you mind?

• Options

Jus T and anyone else on their merry way - Safe travels.

I am having major wobbles which started on my run tonight.......running away and wondering why people are staring at me.......tears running down my face.....But in this case I dont think sad tears but mixed tears of fear, hope, happiness?? Tears of celebrating the fact that I am going to be on that start line on Sunday, where nearly 3 months ago I didn't see any hope.......tears of what could have been.........I would like thank all you guys for all your support, commiseration, compassion and everything else you've been to me over the past months........Can't wait to see you all in 3 days!!!! image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

I don't think anyone would mind my doing that , Emmy, so send it over * I've got the BCC thingy mastered, now image*

• Options

Kaz..   you are going to be great...   time doesn't matter...  you will be there and that is good enough...

Jimbob...  you iz gonna be the nuts..  image   (I think that's what you young people say....?!)

RS..   am looking forward to having you in the posse at the back...

Maus...   you'll be fine...   

Everyone else...   well done for getting this far and not giving up...

• Options
    Elizabeth Ellis 3 wrote (see)
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Ward 6 wrote (see)
    Nice - Cannes! anything to say DLRimage

Damn image  You have learned well!

Spill the beans then DLR - I've been tempted for while but I take it that you have personal experience of the mara'.

Noooooo - my experience begins and ends with 4 Paris marathons!

kaz1 wrote (see)

Jus T and anyone else on their merry way - Safe travels.

I am having major wobbles which started on my run tonight.......running away and wondering why people are staring at me.......tears running down my face.....But in this case I dont think sad tears but mixed tears of fear, hope, happiness?? Tears of celebrating the fact that I am going to be on that start line on Sunday, where nearly 3 months ago I didn't see any hope.......tears of what could have been.........I would like thank all you guys for all your support, commiseration, compassion and everything else you've been to me over the past months........Can't wait to see you all in 3 days!!!! image

Aw Kaz!  I was nearly beefing when I read that.  You're going be great.

Jus T - don't stress it.  If it's really easy to run in singapore and you fancy it then go right ahead, but if it's any bother t all don't worry.  It wont make any difference come Sunday.

• Options
    Cheers Lord Vader. I will try to do well. I need the stars to align for me just like da nex man innit
  • Options
    DLR, can't believe you man, I threw you a big fat juicy worm earlier and you must of had a full stomach, cause u swam right by
  • Options
    Kaz - I am sure that 'WWKD' has crossed the minds of many of us when the going was getting tough, so thank you! Appendicitis to start line in 3 months is just what we have come to expect of you....

And for the rest of you fretting out there :

'Go to bed early, without an alarm clock, if possible.'

(Not quite sure what harm an alarm clock could do? Unless DLR was to slip, naked, and land on it.. )
  • Options

I've just tracked back and found it   Can't believe I passed up the opportunity to nibble on your juicy worm...image

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Just popped in to say good luck kaz - was thinking about you so had a look around the threads. Have a great run, you deserve it! image 

F

• Options

Fiona - Thank You.image

Simon - I don't think like that but thanx!!

My daughter has just threatened to confiscate my laptop, ipad and phone if I don't go and finish my 'homework'!!!image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    ATM wrote (see)

I don't think anyone would mind my doing that , Emmy, so send it over * I've got the BCC thingy mastered, now image*

You've got mail (or will have tonight)

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Emmy H wrote (see)

Orbutt - Your avatar may be misleading but you don't have red hair do you?... Everyone i've met with this top so far has had red hair.

Emmy - my hair gets more and more skin coloured by the day. If I stay out in the sun too long it could look redimage

EE3 - its more a case that Ward understands how DLRs mind works. There's a reason he changed from 'Leeds Rob' to his current moniker image

Kaz - Greet away girlie but no bawling in Paris - it's the law. Cue Inspector Clouseau impression.

• Options
    Orbutt wrote (see)

Rather than the Paris Metro Map download the RATP app. Its free, contains the map and will also plan routes for you - including times, lines and direction of travel.

+1

I just downloaded this last week and have found it amazingly useful.

• Options
    Emmy - that top is lovely! Where did you get it? (Not for this marathon, but incase I ever do another international one) and are you going to wear a long sleeved top underneath? I've got a singlet too, and am not sure whether ill need another layer.

Having a mini panic here. I did a crappy 5 mile run on Sat, where 10 min miles felt really hard (I normally run that distance between 9-9.30 min miles) and today I did 3.5 miles in 31 mins in treadmill, which is fine, time wise but I felt awful and my stomach was very upset afterwards. I just don't feel myself. I've lost my appetite too. I thought I'd be bouncing with energy but I'm not, any advice?
  • Options
    That's more like it DLR! At least you came back for the second bite.

Picked up a travel plug for France ??3.99 from boots. What l liked was the compact sizing, perfect for my little bag. Worth a punt if u haven't sorted your stuff out. Also got the ibuprofen gel. Dug out a tatty cardi to keep me warm at the start. Need socks, must get socks.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Jimbob, you are going to look like your grandad at the startimage

• Options
    As long as I don't run like him I'll be happy
  • Options
    Paris St Germain just equalised against Barcelona in the last second of the game. A good omen or what?

And I'm taking an old pair of slippers to wear in the pen. And an old dressing gown. And a pipe.
  • Options
    Gonna bell up Pottermoss and nag him about the weekend. Already nagged Dan to high heaven.
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

JB are you bored??

• Options
    Orbutt wrote (see)

EE3 - its more a case that Ward understands how DLRs mind works. There's a reason he changed from 'Leeds Rob' to his current moniker image

I object to that.

There's absolutely no evidence that my mind works.

• Options
    My wife has her mother and niece in town. They re plotting shopping trips
  • Options

I have just started writing my list, its so long, how is this all going to fit in one suitcase and get to Paris without me doing my back in and then me being able to race!! image

Tonight is to write the list, tomorrow night pack what i have, Thursday buy the extra and pack. Friday sleep. Saturday - Paris here i come.... Sunday - run and drink!!! I cant see any further than that image

Oh dear - that was a list for a list.

• Options
    BeddersBedders ✭✭✭

The folk designing these training programmes obviously didnt have children's half terms in mind when building the 'taper' section! "Do not spend unnecessary time on your feet etc" - try keeping up with a hyper four year old five days out from the marathon! I'm suggested the cinema tomorrow but think Jnr will have different ideas!

13K (4K at race pace) for me at 5am this morning, a trip to the 'Farmers Cart' which is like a farmyard attraction for kids this afternoon, pub lunch (club sandwich, on wholemeal, without cheese or mayo), then got a royal battering at the physio tonight. Hopefully he's ironed out any kinks that may be lurking under the surface. Feeling good though.

CARBO-LOADING is almost upon us! I took great delight in buying some THICK sliced WHITE bread today, which I plan to demolish from Thursday onwards....

Oh the little things in life.image

• Options
    BeddersBedders ✭✭✭

And I've just downloaded the RATP app, ace! Hopefully I won't need those 100 print-outs now...!

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

OK, I'm packed I think. After I closed everything up and then decided to check Daddsy's list - first thing on it I had forgotten - passport!  Now I just need to scratch around for some cash and I think I'm good.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

HELLLLLOOOOO taper MADDDNNNNEEEESSSSS!!!  you guys have gone mental today.  Lovin' it!!!

Now settle down ya'll take a big breath and read this, yes AGAIN: http://m.runnersworld.com/race-training/taper-traps?page=single

Had my pre-marathon scream fest today (aka sports massage).  Feel so good I jogged back home image