Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

@ C Recrun Thank you. It's great having reminders.image

And Thank You, RR, for 'The Plan!'...image I'm reading it...and waiting for the gzillion -calorie roast salmon + pinenut crust to brown..My online-Paris thread-stud-farm/Expo-personalised champagne/post-mara' -recovery-bubblebath plans have not proved to be the route-to-the-loot...So, I'm depending on you bringing back loads o' Ethiopia vests...image I am definitely in the market for one of those.

• Options
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Just doing some work to collate the hotels reviews...Looking at the website for the hotel The Engineer recommended. The description sounds like it's been written by Swiss Tony!

"Feel the soft embrace of Sofitel Paris La Défense, an urban cocoon in Europe's largest business district. Feel a passion for contemporary arts, from Jean-Philippe Nuel's sophisticated designs to stunning original art."

It really was like making love to a beautiful woman. Over all too soon. :P

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    RR - 6 o'clock will be fine for me.
  • Options

On weight, I've gained a bit of weight through doing tri. Used to float around the 66kg mark. Last year I raced Outlaw tri at about 73kgs (with a measured FTP - threshold power on the bike - of 248W). Upped my power over the course of the year until I reached about 268W (though it was a bit late by then as I'd done racing for the season!). At the start of this year (after a bit of a hiatus from running and biking) I was up to 76kgs. Some sensible eating and a lot more training and I'm down to 70kgs. With an FTP of about 262W. Come July I'm hoping to be about 68kgs without detriment to the power. 

More power, less weight, or both. Makes you fasterimage

• Options
    Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Iain - I'm thinking of going to see One Man, Two Govners. It's one of the ones on that afternoon that I've not seen. I was interested in War Horse, but that seems to be sold out.

Eggy - I've heard One Man.. is very good. Enjoy it.

• Options

Jimbob..    I found this local beer in a pub this week...  so good is it that I'm taking a few friends there next week to specifically down a few pints of it...  

http://www.kentbrewery.com/cobnut.html

And....  if you look at the 'buy direct' page, I'm going to go to the brewery next week and pick up a mini-barrel of 10 litres for £30.   Look out for it...   it is really lovely.. image

There is a list of pubs where the beers are sold..   maybe one is near you..?

http://www.kentbrewery.com/beers-and-bars.html

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Today I have mostly been snotty.

Got about a third of the way through the video, so far, and it is giving me goosebumps.

Mrs O is treating me to a celebratory curry tonight. I may go for a nuclear option to kill off these bugs.

As a slightly unpleasant aside, I have been filling myself with all sorts of cold treatments but I have also tried Berocca. Now I don't know if any one thing is to blame or a combination but today my pee has been flourescent yellow.

Thought you might like to knowimage
  • Options
    It's the Berocca, O.

Looking forward to seeing your hard work...
  • Options
    DV, ahh the Wrestlers and the Southampton arms. Two good pubs on my radar that I don't shy away from, they both do good ales. Will try a pint of that next time I'm in. Quite possibly tomorrow after a run. Cheers for the heads up.

Garmin's arrived, be cracking that open and reading the instructions soon.
  • Options
    Jimbob - get on the Garmin Connect smartish dude, looking forward to seeing your stats. My name: imoore45
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    I may have had a few too many cava but I love you guys xxx
  • Options
    Ems, you rock! Have a great night tonight.
  • Options
    Had the pleasure of riding in a 100 strong peloton today, with 6 motorbike outriders stopping the traffic, a couple of team cars and an ambulance behind. Felt proper professional, even though we weren't. Think my brakes did more work than my pedals.

Has anyone received an inapprorpriate text tonight. No. Me neither image Seems appropriate i suppose.
  • Options
    Emmy H wrote (see)

Me too Em! Me too!  

TheEngineer wrote (see)
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Just doing some work to collate the hotels reviews...Looking at the website for the hotel The Engineer recommended. The description sounds like it's been written by Swiss Tony!

"Feel the soft embrace of Sofitel Paris La Défense, an urban cocoon in Europe's largest business district. Feel a passion for contemporary arts, from Jean-Philippe Nuel's sophisticated designs to stunning original art."

It really was like making love to a beautiful woman. Over all too soon. :P

It so often is...image

Yep. Champagne.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    TD - if I had your SMS number I may send you a text. Currently it's a struggle to spell correctly!

Maus - come over and join us! I'm being slaughtered as im the only one drunk... :/
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Emmy H wrote (see)

love you too emmy!  Go MM!

Orbutt - try some powerade (the blue stuff) will freak you right out.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Iain - I'm thinking of going to see One Man, Two Govners. It's one of the ones on that afternoon that I've not seen. I was interested in War Horse, but that seems to be sold out.

Great show, hilarious. You'll love it.

• Options

I'm stone cold sober, but love you all too - you're an amazingly fantastic bunch of folks

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    I've had a couple of beers and I think that you are all a bit special image

RS - I'm going to give that a go, just to see image

So, Mrs O and I had a chat over our meal tonight - about future plans and intentions. I would like to ask the keeper of lists to add us both to the list of Paris 2014 definite's image

We love you guys !!!
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Mrs O's running?!?!?!?

Go for peeing a rainbow and try beetroot after that. image  Asparagus will give you the full sensory experience.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add - Tricky, that sounds "awesome" as those youngsters would say

RS - no, she's not running. My bad, I've had beer. She is my support crew
  • Options

BFF has now absconded with telephone. I take no responsibility for the consequences...

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Orbutt - she is the supporter extraordinaire!  Go the beer.

Maus - hope you deleted those photos!!!

• Options

Sh*t. Forgot about those...

• Options
    Orbutt wrote (see)

RS - no, she's not running. My bad, I've had beer. She is my support crew

That's a shame...  I am trying to get Mrs DV to run it...  and her friend too...  

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Intrigued...

• Options
    TheEngineer wrote (see)
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Intrigued...

What goes on marathon, stays on marathon...

• Options
    Good morming everyone. I want to say that even though i did drink a 25cl bottle of normal strength Belgian beer about 14 hours ago, i really really love you all too. Emmy. My phone number is in dozens of emails we've exchanged in the past. I think you were proper befuddled!

Hope everyone's heads feel ok today and that you can all enjoy the pleasure of not having to go running today because a programme tells you to. You can go for an easy one just because you like it.
  • Options

TD - that's just what I am doing, I've signed up for a free 1 hour running tour of Paris.  The sun will shine and the company will be good.

Love you all too, hope the heads are fine!

Brighton Mara today, anyone here doing it?