Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

TD - Send me a ITLR application form. Although after this months spending I may need to borrow ATMs balaclava and go visit a bank!

• Options

yes getting a repectable minimum fundraising amount is quite hard Maus......image

• Options

But then again, if Eggy is getting the Balaclave there may not be a problem!!

• Options

Happy Birthday Audryimageimageimage

first silly question of the day : ITLR = ????

Obvously I'm a little like sampson new haircut = loss of brain powerimage... must admit am thinking why didn't I do this before ...... soooo much easier and looks ok tooimage

A real pea souper here - good thing its a dog walk this morning ... Can I ask it the fb convocation page is open to a princess???  Just asking ....

Have back acvhe this morning - is this a new Taper Madness symptom ???

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

PF - ITLR is In The Long Run

Kaz - I might need to look into how secure this Fort Knox place is!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    kaz1 wrote (see)

Emmy - are you still staying in the same place in Berlin?? Think we would be up for the dinner, so thats 3 for your list!!

Another awful day of rain here. Couldn't get up this morning, and by this I don't mean tired couldn't get up......my gluteus maximus, quads and hamstrings are so sore I can hardley move..........not going to be a good day.image

Yep - we're still staying there. I'm not moving from that little gem!

Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Mornin' all!

I've been thinking about whether I'll need to do some extra training for ITLR. Any ideas? I know Mr TD is thinking about this too, but was wondering if any of you are already making plans that I can shamelessly plagiarise. My copy of P&D is on its way over from Oz as we speak.

Dan: I'm so pleased your son is better. For some reason I thought you lived in Alberta, Georgia. Is New Mexico a holiday destination? Please don't stop the balloon photos coming - they're beautiful!

I'm planning lots of back to back runs of a similar distance to prepare myself. I don't think the distance will be an issue but just the familiarity of running every single day (if that makes sense?). I'll have a triple in my legs to be able to run longer when tired but it's a completely different ball game to do it for 15 straight days.

I've got a copy of P&D and it's staring at me from the bookshelf! I'm using it for the stretching at the moment!

Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Emmy: I'm determined to get a Berlin place and if so, will definitely be there for the dinner!

I think I might need to start a list image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Maus - you know we're honest! Would definitely let you know if you were an ugly phucker image

Pf - aren't you in it already? We can't not have royal representation. Yer_maj's majesty just isn't enough.

Am off out for dinner with suze and dlr this evening. Wish me luck.image
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AUDREY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AUDREY, HAPPYYYYYYYY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOO AUUUUUUUUUDREY. Happy birthday to you!
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Lastly count me in for Berlin dinner emmy but we probably should move this over to the Berlin thread. Wouldn't want to leave anyone out.
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Audrey - Penblwydd Hapus lovely girl image

Tricky - the Shagging List is a work contained within Iain's mind....and he hasn't yet divulged its secrets.  Which is probably a very good thing.

RS - dinner will be fine.  Just stand in a tunnel and shout loudly at them.

Princess - you're already a member of course!  I added you when I set it up, whether you wanted in or not!

Good to know my Majesty is underwhelming...image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Ym - You're not strict enough with us.
  • Options

felices compleanos Audrey xx

I'm on me tod in berlin so put me down for everything going on, on the Saturday - and put me down for a 26mile sunday jog on the Sunday

• Options

Gelukkig verjaardaag Audrey. Lang zal je leve, in de gloria etc... image

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

The sound of Berlin is tempting, but a month before Dublin. Although I have decided to put my house on the market, downsize and using the extra money to fund my international running career. Not sure what the wife thinks about this proposal yet. But she is getting a week in Ireland and week in Paris out of it.

I am back in the running groove, after a couple of weeks rest. Although the first runs were difficult.

Decided to work on speed for the Shrewsbury Half Marathon to get under 1 hour 40 mins. So 6 miles saturday, 6 miles monday and 6 miles yesterday. All around 8.10 to 8.20 a mile.

• Options

Nike France are utter wankers ..... they've been advertising a race called We Own The Night which my niece in London had told me about, a night 10k with lights and stuff.  Someone on my women's running group posted it as an event starting at 10pm so several of us signed up.  We're already signed up for the 20k Paris - St Germain that morning, and it's Mothers' Day in France, so all looking good for a great day out.  Nike have just said that actually only the training sessions are at night, the race itself is at 10am.  I am so hacked off with them.  Stern comment posted on their FB page.  Actually I asked for my money back, I'm not Aberdonian for nothing ...

Lovely sunny day here, just done an hour in the forest to work off my frustration.  With Nike before DLR jumps in.  Left leg didn't half hurt on the downhills, still sore from my fall.

Hope you all have the sunshine, although the islanders seem to be missing out.

RS and RR - have you got a plan for Sunday am?  Time, location, distance ... anybody else in London want to go for a gentle stroll?

Enjoy your dinner tonight, is the stool going?

• Options
    Orbutt: this is an endurance event in itself. Do you have an 'O' count yet?
  • Options
    Sorry for the ancient double post. How on earth that happened, I don't know!
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    MM - we live in Atlanta, Georgia. New Mexico is where our holiday home is.
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Audrey - happy wotsit, babe image

Maus - heard you first timeimage No count as of yet but I'll let you know. Certainly quite a few - and that's not including RS and Emmy who flashed the O at every possible camera ( if you know what I mean)
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Glad to hear there is International Flashing from the thread girls.  We need to devise spectacular flashing for Albuquerque image

Hey would you look at that spelling!

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Still chuckling about the other thread. The man who hasn't run a marathon and has opinions on walking in a marathon, has now said that he googles his injuries and would never consider going to a physio because he can of course google it.

He is priceless.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

He is a troll and would say anything to elicit a response. Do not feed the Troll.

• Options

James - lol.......I may have to consider the same action,  although mine would include re locating to so that I can spend less money getting off this Island and attend social gatherings!! Don't think the kidz would be too amused if I make them share a room again!!

• Options

Hi all, 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY!

I really want to do Berlin. Amsterdam and still Loch Ness, oh, and Dublin - I'm running out of September/Octobers!

I'm itching to come and cheer you all on in Paris next year as well, after doing London again I think it's about time I did a supporters stint too.

TJB - the medal looks amazing! I've made my own noticeboard with hooks in but it's not a patch on yours, awesome. 

Dannir, NM looks absolutely fabulous. Many happy returns to your son as well. My eldest nephew is 17 now - goodness knows where that time went!

Am itching to go out for a run again. Am still quite sore in the leg (and shoulder?) area though so am going to watch a double bill of Game of Thrones tonight instead. Followed by reading Game of Thrones. Anyone else obsessed?

tshirt has been dispatched, along with some howies running stuff. Interested to see how their running stuff compares against their cycling. 

• Options

also thanks for the Northern link DLR, have just fallen down Buzzfeed rabbithole...

• Options

Dublin is one I would like to do toooo.........Loch Ness is supposed to be good but it doesn't inspire me - probably not far enough away from home.....it doesn't involve 3 flights etc........

TJB - agree with KS there, that looks really good. Mines are all just hanging on the back of a chair in my bedroom, certificates in a folderimage

Dannirr - Happy Birthday to your son, 21.....times goes so quickly.

Going to try a 10k in a wee while, postie round ok except going up and down steps so hopefully running will be ok too, off to walk me horse first thou!!

• Options

I may be in trouble...  I'm in London in a pub waiting for my daughters passport to be renewed..  I'm on my 4th pint of a very nice beer and I still have two hours to wait...

I didn't notice that it was a 6% beer...   

Oh dear.........

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

Like it TJB, look forward to seeing your Paris one when done.

Thinking of signing up for the Somerset levels marathon in Sept, will be quite different from Paris. Just looking at getting the P&D book people rave about, is it that good?
  • Options

Went off for a fabulous bike ride this lunch, erm, period...  90 mins on the wheels, a fair bit of wind, but blue skies and judging by my itchy eyes, there's a bit of pollen in the air now it's getting warmer.

The 3 laps over the nearest steep hill which goes up to 19% gradient and set new Strava course record for it. Feel fantastic to stretch the lungs like this. Ooh, I got runners high from a bike!

imageimageimage

• Options
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

I may be in trouble...  I'm in London in a pub waiting for my daughters passport to be renewed..  I'm on my 4th pint of a very nice beer and I still have two hours to wait...

I didn't notice that it was a 6% beer...   

Oh dear.........

My advice - write her name down now while you can still remember it DV image