Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Do rocksteady, oh yeah. Love me some 60s Ska. The 80s stuff captivated me as a young teenager. I love having short hair but apparently everyone in my family says I look awful with it. Well, I guess it hurts their eyes more than mine, so have to respect that.

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Orbutt - this video does not rival yours but the following is one of the most exhilirating things I've ever seen - and it also covers the Parisian roads we have all run together:

http://vimeo.com/62039275

Claude Lelouch's C-etait un rendez vous from 1976.

I recommend turning the sound up to 11 and watching in a dark room.

Fab.

Oh my goodness Iain. I've done a lot of fast bike riding in my past, including stuff on the roads that would put a person in jail - I kept thinking the motorbike was not particularly fast - but the risks they took in making that film were incredible. And the guy was dressed in jeans!!! CRAY-ZEE. But fun to watch knowing it wasn't my impending death

OK, off for an 8K recovery run. Will make this my biggest running week of the year. We're talking in EXCESS of 50kms baby!

• Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Do rocksteady, oh yeah. Love me some 60s Ska. The 80s stuff captivated me as a young teenager. I love having short hair but apparently everyone in my family says I look awful with it. Well, I guess it hurts their eyes more than mine, so have to respect that.

People get ready, gotta do rocksteady, A-ha...I've got Rhoda Dakar on my FB - she posts some good stuff.
  • Here..   for your amusement..   the moment I realised I had made a mistake...

/members/images/98627/Gallery/photo.JPG

ooppss....   

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Sorry dv but HAAAA HA HA HAAA HEEEE HEEE HEEE. I find that highly amusing. image

• I have a horror haircut story like that when I once asked - in a moment of blind trust - my youngest daughter to use the shaver to taper my hair at the back. I think she took the guard off and buzzed it to the height of the notch on the back  of the skull (i.e. ears level). I had this huge band of pasty white skin showing. Looked like an old fashioned monk. Just awful.

Yep, number one all over for you DV. But as DLR will know, skinhead's can enjoy a good bit of moon-stompin', oh yeah.

Lovely 10K easy run a bit earlier. Happy chap I am. If ITLR prep goes quick this afternoon, might even get a chance to do a bit of a bike ride or read a book!

• TD - sounds like a fab day! I love the 'C'etait un rendez vous' film. There are may theories about who was driving.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C'était_un_rendez-vous

The noise of the engine is just incredible - the risks taken reminded me of those in the central chase scene in The French Connection, through NYC. I adore that movie and that scene particularly - and also have a huge fondness for Steve McQueen's chase in Bullitt. 

Sunderland Half (Marathon of the North) done this morning - great event, impeccable minute of silence for Boston and excellent organisation.

Never mind the support! Weedy outdid himself with not only vocal support, water bottles and 5 appearances - but also a flag and pole! Brilliant! It surely took 5 mins off my time. (Not sure what it was but was sub-2 anyway, which is marvellous for me these days.)

Thanks Weedy.

Have a good afternoon all.

• DV - I don't want to worry you, but I think you might have fox mange judging by that photo image.

Lovely sunny morning and a great saunter round the sights with TP, RS and Jimbob. Household Cavalry even came out to accompany us.

Here's a little something for lovers of truly terrible 80s French pop. It was sent to me in retaliation for sharing Plastic Bertrand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU6psn30Pyk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Quelle horreur! Plastic Bertrand étais un Belge!!  Quelle insulte terrible à tous les Belges Madame Rodent. Il y aura des émeutes dans les rues. Incroyable.

image Je suis déçu. image

Of course, this was his biggest hit which I am sure we all sing every day in the shower. I know I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVDfmn_TMkI

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
     Sunderland Half (Marathon of the North) done this morning - great event, impeccable minute of silence for Boston and excellent organisation.

Never mind the support! Weedy outdid himself with not only vocal support, water bottles and 5 appearances - but also a flag and pole! Brilliant! It surely took 5 mins off my time. (Not sure what it was but was sub-2 anyway, which is marvellous for me these days.)

Thanks Weedy.

Have a good afternoon all.

We (well, me) want photos of his flag and pole!

• Home again from the athletics competition. Absolutely awful conditions and a few PW's........But proud moment as her mother today - They are running there 800m heat, and the front runner starts to slow off, and eventually stop. Runners who were in second and third place passes the girl, Naomi stopped to see if she was ok then goes again and stops to tell an official what is wrong before missing out on 2nd place by 0.4 seconds!  I told her, her support for the other runner said more than any time or place could!

Well done Iain and Weedy!! image

• Well done Weedy - top supporting!

Nicely done Iain. image

• kaz1 wrote (see)

They are running there 800m heat, and the front runner starts to slow off, and eventually stop. Runners who were in second and third place passes the girl, Naomi stopped to see if she was ok then goes again and stops to tell an official what is wrong before missing out on 2nd place by 0.4 seconds!  I told her, her support for the other runner said more than any time or place could!

Well done Iain and Weedy!! image

She is a great kid Kaz. Please tell her I said that image

Well done for racing a half Iain. Any supporter's photos Weedy?

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Iain - good running mate. 

Weedy - you're a star.

Kaz - so, she'd probably have won she he hadn't shown true sportsmanship. Tell her she's done the Paris crew proud. image

• Oui, je sais Plastic est Belge (bien sûr!), mais l'aûtre mec est vraiment français! 

Good running Iain, and top supporting from Weedy. And very sporting indeed from Naomi.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Kaz - top showing from Naomi!!!  you're raising a good 'un there.  you should probably take a bit of the credit for thatimage

RR - I just translated that and it's weird.  you and TD having a little fun there?

• Ooh look, we can do foreign thingies now image. Wunderschön.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Ustedes son locos. image

• RS - it's only weird in that it's a reference to Plastic Bertrand, Belgium's finest export after waffles.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

What about smurfs?

• Running Rödent wrote (see)

Ooh look, we can do foreign thingies now image. Wunderschön.

Aye,  'appen.

• Awwww Thank You. And Thanks from Naomi, who is now sitting with a big grin after hearing all your wonderful comments. image

Whats with all the foreign comments???image

Weather update.........Walking the dog, and now my face feels like its  been sandplasted thanks to the hail showers......WTF........its nearly Mayimage

• Good running Iain, well done.

And well done junior Kaz. Compassion for others is all too rare these days.

Just drove back from Aberdeen and it was blizzard conditions coming over the glens!

Trainers all polished and ready for action tomorrow. Just hope the weather improves!

• Thanks Simon - what's up for you tomorrow?

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

What a star she is, Kaz.  Bless her.

A very productive day today...brunch with friends, followed by several hours at the allotment.  Potatoes planted, mares tail attacked.  Chicken is now roasting, to be followed by rhubard sponge - my home grown rhubard of course.

Then we're off to see The Rezillos.  I actually need my bed, I'm getting old....image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - That is brilliant, as everyone says you should be proud she's a star.

Iain - Well done at you half today.

• Iain, I have just about finished an enforced 7 day 'no exercise at all' period. Feel much better for it, but it's been a long 7 days...

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

DV - what a dilemma the hair!

kaz - well done to Naomi! Great result!

• Cheers Eggy. 

Simon - worth the time off I hope. Good luck tomorrow!

• Radar Sal wrote (see)

What about smurfs?

Dutch. Doesn't count RS.