Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Just found time for today - 1hr53m24.

I'll take that. 

That sub-4 marathon still some way away though...

• Great to see Iain today - he was looking good all the way. Had a right laugh cheering folks on, even though I was on my todd. Can imagine what it would have been like for the VLM and Paris supporters with a few of you together. Sadly I forgot to take photos. I can, however, offer you a post from the Hadrian's Wall forum from a guy who was doing the run who I said I'd keep an eye out for...

pursuedbyangrybees wrote (see)

Lovely day out at the Marathon of the North today - not sure my ankle agrees though. Wondering if I'll feel up for more running tomorrow. Need ot get some serious training in the next couple of months. Hopefully the marathon will have cured my ankle, and I'll be back on the long run wagon.

Weedy - proper nice to meet you on the route - gave me a boost. Wondering what the "Carry On Doctor" sign was for, mind - thought you might be a dangerous loon when I first saw you. image

• Weedy - that guy has you all figured outimage Thanks again!

• Nic ENic E ✭✭

Orbutt - Thank you for your wonderful video.  I have been a grumpy girl as I am STILL suffering from my post-marathon cold and haven't felt up to running a step since Paris, but I have been shedding happy tears watching your film - thank you so much!

• Iain - with a time like that, sub 4 is NOT  that far away...

Nic E. welcome to the hanky club. I'd defy any Paris forum finisher not to shed a wee tear watching the video.

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Iain - good running!  And Weedy - top support.

Kaz - I suspect the apple does not fall far from the tree.  What a lovely kid.

I have had a totally slack week - 13 miles total.  However, I have had a lot of wonderful edible goodies. For no good reason.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Iain - sub 4 is yours with a Half time like that - you can tow me round Paris in your wake next year image

The Rezillos were fantastic.  Sound great, still look great and there was the added bonus of seeing middle aged Cardiff getting its Punk on.  I haven't been to many gigs where everybody in the place was just having a great time, including the band.

Mr Maj has revived his (not terribly) dormant love of PVC mini dresses...image

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

OK - my London Marathon ballot entry is in.  Here's hoping.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Iain - that's almost exactly my half pb and everyone knows what my marathon pb isimageimage

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

I'm in the ballot too. 

Apparently, this year the entries will close once 125,000 people have submitted.

From what I've read, there are generally 20,000 places available in the ballot, so I have a 1 in 6 (ish) chance in a fair draw.

I prefer the French (or German) system

• Yer_maj - I'm sure Mr Maj looks lovely in his PVC mini dress.

I see they did change the GFA times for London but due to being relatively Aged I'm still Goodimage. Women's under 40 has gone down to 3:45 and men's to 3:05 though.

Weedy - I've always thought pursuedbyangrybees was a great forum name - glad to hear he's a real person image.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Weedy - dare you to try and explain the stool on the other forum without sounding like a loony image

I'm in the vlm ballot. Feels kinda like saying to dad "yea I'll come to yours at Christmas" but you don't know if he'll choose you...but then there's always mum's aka Paris and you know she won't let you down. 

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

My experience of the VLM ballot is to expect rejection and on the one occasion you're not that bothered about being accepted you'll get in.

I've entered it again on a I can defer if I get a place strategy.

• Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Just found time for today - 1hr53m24.

I'll take that. 

That sub-4 marathon still some way away though...

Sounds pretty close to me Iain. Wouldn't take much to resolve that goal if it was a priority.

Radar Sal wrote (see)

Iain - that's almost exactly my half pb and everyone knows what my marathon pb isimageimage

I don't RS. But maybe you'll tell me. I'm guessing 4h31? image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Iain - I'm sure you have a sub 4 in you. Just need to get a good summer of hard training and it's yours in Berlin.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Td - 3hrs 55mins and 56secs!!!!! Too much fun typing that not to take the bait.

• Iain - Its definately there if thats what you want??? image

I have decided against entering the ballot, on the decision its easier to book flights to Paris than London from here( and yes its taken me 2 years to work that out!!) And I am going to chase the GFA goal for another year...image

Junior is of to Hoy for 3 days of outdoor acitivites today. Hopefully it will all go well despite the hail and windimage

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I've just entered the ballot.  No idea what possessed me...image

Beautiful sunny day here today....I will spend it doing...paperwork.  Roll on next Monday when I start running again.  Psoas finally seems to have settled down so this week is all about strengthening before I start battering the poor thing again.

RR - good news about the GFA.  I'll bring Mr Maj to London to support you.  He can wear his PVC frock.

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

I have entered the ballot too and am going to try to forget all about it until October when the envelope of disappointment arrives. Then I will buy my start number for Hamburg. image

• Thanks guys. I love this thread.

TD - This will be my 3rd Berlin and I won't do it in 2014 - New Mexico hopefully! - and I'd love a sub-4 before I'm 40. And I don't have long to go! So it probably is a bit of a prioirty... 

Ps. This VLM thing - it's the same day as Paris 2014 still?

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Ps. This VLM thing - it's the same day as Paris 2014 still?

Yes.  I can't imagine either of them being prepared to back down.

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

YM - won't Mr Maj be in Paris with you? or am I missing something?

• Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Thanks guys. I love this thread.

TD - This will be my 3rd Berlin and I won't do it in 2014 - New Mexico hopefully! - and I'd love a sub-4 before I'm 40. And I don't have long to go! So it probably is a bit of a prioirty... 

Want some help planning that sub4 attack Iain? Happy to oblige... I'm certain you can do it without that much extra effort.  Sned me whatever plan or log you have for your Paris training, the more details the better. Distances, timing, HR data if you have it. I might not get on to it straight away, but I'm happy to sift through and find some focus points for Berlin. That's the palce to break a record.

And good luck to all you VLM place deferrer hopefuls image ...good strategy.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Orbuitt - yes he will, but I think RR is planning to defer her GFA VLM until 2015 so he has plenty of time to get frocked up

• TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Well I'm in the ballot for vlm, now the long wait! 

Ran the haldon heartbeat on Saturday, hilly 8 mile trail course. Found it really tough going. 

• Thanks TD, that would be much appreciated - you may be however appalled at the lack of data/training for my recent Paris attemptimage

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Ohhhh yoda TD new padawan has.

• YM - yes, definitely 2015 for me. Plenty of time for Mr Maj to buff his PVC.