Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

TP - keep looking on the bright side, that's the spirit! Very best of luck for Sunday.

RS - ouch, that is a bummer. If you're looking for positives I reckon you've got all your bad luck out of the way for the weekend which is now guaranteed to be awesome. image

TJB - ha, good to hear you're feeling the force image

• Flippin' 'eck Kaz! That is an extraordinary result. You must be so chuffed. Can I hire you to get rid of my paunch?

• Passed this mornings two exams toooooo!!!! Apparently did the exams in the fastest time ever toooimage

Never made noone cry, But passed that tooooo!! imageimage

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Super Kaz - Woman of Steel

• Thanks everyone, you have no idea how much support you have been over the past few months. Now to tell people at home, well once I get the final bit over tomorrow! 

• Kaz - Well done on this morning's exams as well, cracking results there. You skool swot you. Gym bunnies aren't laughing now.

Orbutt - Have a good time.

RS - hope the calf's not bad bad.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Wow kaz! You're thumping it!!!! Do you get certificates? 

• Wait until we are finished RS! 'Graduation' on Sunday?!?!.image

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

7:30 and no posts?!?!  wtf? oh...kaz is busy getting qualified to spread the madness, DV is driving a ghost across europe, Dannir is probably in transit to said ghost, TD is having a parents weekend, YM is at a hen's do, ATM is escaping marselle...and the rest of us?

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

imageAt the airport....Random chances to read the thread has kept me sane...or nearly..Tonight, I will be mostly wearing clean clothes.

• The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

I got in from bfi Imax at 3.47, and my kids work me up at 6.08. One  might say I'm a bit ratty

RS, u need to see Man of Steel at Imax Waterloo. You might just enjoy itimage

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

YAY, ATM!  HAve you got to the end of forwards, backwards, inside out?

TJB - yes, from the promos and posters, I have an idea that there's some content I'll like.

• Off to Aberdeen for some baby sitting while our 3 kids and partners head to Glasgow to see The Stone Roses. Wish I was going with them! Looking forward to spending time with the wee one though. Trainers are packed - not sure why....

• Some of us have been out running this morning!

OK only a 6.7k recovery jog but even so, was at 7:30 on a Saturday. image

• Kaz - great going girl, but hardly unexpected - we all knew you'd breeze it!

• Some of us have been out flying this morning - specifically, in an easyjet, 0700 to Belfast. 

ATM - safe home. 

TJB - your commitment to late night event movies is very impressive!

I fear the thread has gotten away from me lately... But I did see some very very nice cars. 

Have a good weekend, all. 

• DLR - lol, thanx!

RS - I was at the gymimage thats a strange strange thing fir me to say!!! 

Business Presentation in a hour, and my mind is blank. I need to eliquently say ' get folk of their f******g arse and moving???? Plus a lot more for 15 mins......help????????image

• And some of us have been to the post office to pick up a parcel image

Kaz - just tell them a typical day in the life of yourself. If that doesn't inspire people, I don't know what will. And tell them about Emmy doing a marathon a week. And tell them about DV doing a 100-mile run, then saying he feels fine. And all those who did Paris, then London this year. And TD and DLR, who despite being injured, didn't complain about it and instead inspired the rest of us. And Danni and RR training for Comrades. And Jimbob knocking out new PBs every day. And everyone here who's not doing stuff as jaw-dropping, but is, in their own way, inspiring friends and family around them, simply by deciding to run a marathon.

For god's sake, though, don't tell them to get up at 4am image

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

RS - I was I was enroute but I am working this weekend!  Running on hold for a few days due to some niggling ankle pain that I want to rest befroe starting the new training cycle in about a week or so.

The eagle has landed YM, DLR, JB73, RS, MM, SM

• Nah, Kaz, ignore Weedy, tell them to get up at 4, it's what runners do image .

This morning I've been avoiding being run down by Prince Harry's motorcade on the way to the Trooping of the Colour, and foraging at Borough Market. Mmm...cheese image .

All done, and it went shit! 

They wanted to know 'our' story, so basically all was downhill from there. Told them i wasnt doing this for money..... Thats some business presentation strategy eh????? and I only care about getting people of all age mobile and active! I will have failed it but i dont care about that, I passed everything else with flying colours!!image

• Nursing a hangover, but still heading out for 5 miles this morning.  Could get ugly.

well done kaz!

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Kaz - you might be surprised.  Doing something because you want to help others is a pretty good business plan in my mind.

Good to hear everyone was out being all active and such. I had an idea that's where you'd all beimage

Lwa - good luck!

Rr - watch out! We need you in top form tomorrow. Fyi everyone the stool is heading to its first tri image 

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Kaz - I agree with RS, they always talk about passion in business and also about doing something you love regardless of the financial rewards. I reckon you nailed it.

Lawyeraaron - rather you than me. Running with a hangover is a painfull business. I prefer to get my run in before beginning the hangover building process image

• ....and preparation for that first tri (I'm only doing the running bit) has mainly involved purchasing malt loaf. That'll get me round a hilly 10k in a super-fast time, won't it?

• Greetings from the field.  The hotel is in a field, I could see it shimmering in the heat, er wind, as I hit the summit.  So no warm up run needed for me, I had an hour's walk uphill from the station to collect race pack, then carried on to the top to find my room.  It is one of these automatic hotels, there is nobody around.  Although a notice on the front door says hotel full.  There must be some other runners arriving under cover of darkness then.  I'm heading back downhill now to find some food and watch the start of the women's 5k with 18,000 participants.  The good thing is I only have about a kilometre to find the shuttle coaches at silly hour tomorrow.  

Walked up from the station with the French Emmy.  In fact Emmy you might have met him, he seems to have run lots of the same marathons as you in the last few weeks.  He does at least one a week ... it was wonderful hearing about all the places he has travelled to.  Coming up soon is the Antarctic Mara.  Involving a plane to get them in if the weather permits.  For anybody consider the Great Wall of China one, it's gruelling but worth it.

Kaz, you have such passion for what you do, that will shine through.  IMHO that counts far more than business plans.  You inspire us and you will so inspire your clients.

I could so do with some Normandy cider but must resist ... off to hunt out some pasta.