Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

No stool? image Prunes, that's what you need. And you'll need to build up your strength for the sedan chair. Although I am exceptionally petite and weigh almost nothing, obviously image.

My own little Tour de France experience today. 15 minutes home on a Boris bike.image More of a 'Tour de l'Isle des Chiens'.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Weedy's right. I don't bother for less than a full... I like it long and hard after allimage

am leaving tomorrow for Slovenia.... Worst thing? Weather forecast is better for Belgium than Slovenia image

• Options

My run today lasted all of 50m.  Like TJB i've had a bit of an achiilies niggle and as it didn't feel 'right' I decided to can it for the day.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Weedy - you haven't got your top? image

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭

Hello all!

Sorry I've been MIA for a while - the last couple of weeks have been hectic. Went to Derbyshire on the day I finished work for a two week holiday to run a 10k obstacle race (which I managed to win entry to!), then off to Glasgow 36 hours later (packing for Glastonbury inbetween) to go to my Nana's funeral, which was on my 30th. Back down the road on my birthday just in time to pack the last little bits, open pressies and then off to Glastonbury on Wednesday morning - 4am. 

Phew! Spending a week in a field where my liquid intake was cider with a bit of rum has severely dented my running ability - I've struggled through all three runs this week. I am also rubbish in the heat - definitely a winter runner! Still, I'm looking forward to the BCRC top arriving - maybe that'll give me the boost back into it!

How's everyone else? How was Shrewsbury? Any other trips planned? How was/is/will be ITLR?

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Dirty Glasto girl! get smelly in a field and get out ya nut for 5 days (wish I'd been there .....) 

Man of Steel second viewing highly enjoyable cinematic experience although a little heavy on the crash-bang-wallop!

Will try to run in the morning. Would really like to do parkrun on Saturday but will probably wait another week before I go for anything quick. 

Attentions turn to Murray tomorrow and then Alice doing race4life on Saturday. And a big thank you to the lovely donors who have contributed to A's sponsorship. I'll post a photo of her when she finishes. 

• Options

KS - I'm exhausted just reading that. Cider and rum image? ITLR starts a week on Monday - just in time to coincide with a heat wave, conveniently.

Another pain-free run this morning - yay!

C'mon Andy - you can beat him. He's held together with sticky tape.

• Options

Suze! image Glad you're back, was getting worried. Sorry to hear about your nana. Glastonbury highlights?

Alice - Good luck (make sure you run faster than your dad) image

And good luck ATM if I don't get on before tomorrow.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

ATM - good luck for tomorrow!

Jimbob - wishing little Alice all the best for tomorrow. Who is she running with? Is she excited?

KS - You're crazy! I thought my weekend in Dorset was enough to wipe me out!

I'm in list mode frenzy. I've tried on my cycling pants for our cycling holiday and I swear... I look awful!

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

TJB - Good luck to Alice for tomorrow.

Three hours sleep for me after swearing at PHP code last night. Today is going to be a heavy coffee drinking day.

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭

TJB - it was awesome, and baby wipe baths are a perfectly acceptable alternative to a shower...(!)

RR -  not cider and rum together - that would be more hardcore than I could be!

on a sidenote: MY TOPS HAVE JUST ARRIVED! Yay! Thanks RS - I can't wait to get to parkrun tomorrow. 

Good luck to you lovely ITLRs and I hope the weather's not too hot for you. 

Thanks Weedy - lots of highlights but music wise, I'd say my top 3 were Smashing Pumpkins, Arctic Monkeys and Alt-J (in no particular order). It was really fun - we got temporary tattoos (and I discovered they're really good as sun block - I now have a weird patch on my arm), visited a derelict tower block, woke up with a random girl in our garden, got harrassed by human sized seagulls and started a push up Mexican wave which ended when someone did a push up on a bench ONE HANDED. Seriously, I'm still impressed. 

Emmy - thanks for the BCRC tops, hope you got the cash alright! Bet your shorts look brill but more importantly - are they comfy? Turning 30, I've discovered a new found practicality to my attitude to clothing... and it did feel pretty crazy but needs must - we didn't drive to Glastonbury which was a good thing too - getting up to leave 7 hours after getting home was pretty painful though. My lovely friends whipped out a bottle of prosecco and a birthday cake when we arrived, bless them.

Today I am mostly going to be weeding the garden and stuffing envelopes with wedding invitations, hoorah. 

Have a good weekend everyone - I'll post pics of the BCRC in action!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

KS - yeah been done that there with the baby wipe bath at Glasto vibe - if someone had unzipped my tent door and looked in at that moment when i was really getting to the heart of the filth they would have "seen stuff that can never be unseen"

Alice is running with Mrs TJB a.k.a Cheryl a.k.a Cherub. I'll take a photo of 'em avec le medals - it's gonna be 27 degrees tomorrow on hampstead Heath so i expect them to take it easy in the heat. Afterwards will be umpteenicecreams'o'clock.

Did a run this morning - 10 mile summer burn and the endorphins are kicking in BIG TIME - feeling like i've munched a whole bag of E's! (which would be a really bad thing to do kids) 

I am feeling compelled to sign up for the Valencia Marathon end of Nov- anyone done it?

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

I am feeling compelled to sign up for the Valencia Marathon end of Nov- anyone done it?

Valencia you say... *wanders off to see if there's a flight from Brussels*.

17th November - check

55EUR - check

Flights?... Eugh. Awful

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Emmy - there's a marathon on a rock in the middle of nowhere and you run around it a thousand times. You in?image

Off to candanga today. Will try to check in. Don't get up to too much mischief while I'm away. I hate missing out. 

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Emmy - there's a marathon on a rock in the middle of nowhere and you run around it a thousand times. You in?image

Off to candanga today. Will try to check in. Don't get up to too much mischief while I'm away. I hate missing out. 

Safe trip RS - it won't feel like you are far away as you'll be on the thread/facebook soon enough.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    Emmy H wrote (see)
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

Valencia you say... *wanders off to see if there's a flight from Brussels*.

17th November - check

55EUR - check

Flights?... Eugh. Awful

there's easyjet from the UK - i don't know, there is something pulling me towards it .... need to get it signed off by the wife before i can book. I nearly booked all of us to go last night but decided it is too much to drag them to gatwick and then all the messing around for a 36 hour trip ..... i'll let you know if i end up going for it

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭

TJB  Oh yes, there's nothing more undignified than 'washing' in a tent. Well, few things anyway. 

Garden weeded. Lots of creepy crawlies to be seen, bless their little houseless socks. The real kicker is that we don't have any grass - it's gravel and weeds.  Now off to sit smugly in the largely weedless garden and continue reading 'It'. It's not scary in the sunshine... 

• Options

Greetings all!  Sounds like a lot of us are getting in some good runs.  Hope everyone's injuries fade away.

I ran the Bluegrass 10k yesterday in beautiful downtown Lexington, Kentucky.  It was cool, around 23 C, and there was a pleasant, light rain.  I decided to enter hoping the race would pull me out of my running lethargy, which it did to some extent. Missed my PR by about 3 mins, but finally felt like running hard (for the first time in quite a while).  Finished in 53:02.  Not bad, but I could really feel my lack of training and the 6 pounds or so I have gained since my marathon in May.

Training for the Royal Parks Half starts in about a week.

Also, I saw a no-hitter in person Tuesday night in Cincinnati.  I know this means absolutely nothing to most of you. Pretty lucky for an American, though. Fun night.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

is there a medal? Will it count to my 100 score? Can i get there easily? Then i'm in!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Well done Aaron ..... image - now you have something to get your teeth into - and everything you do up to Royal Parks will be a good base to start your schedule for Paris non?

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Lawyeraaron wrote (see)

It was cool, around 23 C...

Well done at your 10k. Although 23c and cool do not formulate a sentence that makes sense to my Scottish mind. Over here 23c is a heatwave!

• Options

I thought it was October here??

Help! Because of work I haven't run in 3 days ans I don't yet know if I'll be able to today either. I'm really worried about not being fit enough for ITLR as I keep having to take a few days off here and their to make sure my shin splnts are kep at bay. Panic panic stress stress.

Emmy you amaze me. I can't comprehend doing the number of miles that you seem to take in your stride!

• Options

Spaek for ursel Eggy........15 degrees is a heatwave!!image

Safe Travels RS, and good luck for tomorrow ATM!

Not much to report here....Labryinitis......yukkkk......and bigger yuk to keeping falling over!image

I need some  more 'get oot o jail free cards'..........or does anyone want to break me oot?!?!? image

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Good luck to Alice.  How was her training ? Does she have to listen to 80s music and wear a GB top ?  Is she allowed to swear when she is digging in deep and going for that PB ? I bet there is going to be one proud dad cheering her on all the way.

ITLR - Have you contacted RW, perhaps the story will interest them due to the Thread connection.  Got my top, wore it with pride image.

Happy Birthday to KS.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi PC91 - RW have been contacted and they're happy to do an online article so watch this spaceimage

Loved the picture of you on FB with the shirt!

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭

Ooh Royal Parks, I love that run. Got my half PB there  on my second go last year, and one of the few races I wanted to do again straightaway.

Thanks PC91 - have had a lovely few weeks and am ekeing it out further by having a birthday party tomorrow night!

Good idea about RW article too - looking forward to seeing you all in the tops.

• Options

HS - you still sound better prepped than me. ITLR heat wave. Oh well!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Ha ha Gazza - yeah her training was "unstructured" - it started with some 2k runs round the block which involved whinging and "daddy i can't go on any further" and then resorted to a little lap of the local park with my missis a few times and again a few times with me in that local park wacking a tennis ball miles away and Alice burning off and "fetching" it!

No she doesn't swear or listen to 80s music although she does have a white team gb top to run in! I will be proud if she makes it round, it's a trek for anyone with no experience, but with her little legs even tougher!

• Options

HS - you can join me in the sedan chair. I'm imagining something like the Anthill Mob in Wacky Races, with the feet sticking out the bottom.

In other news, after initially receiving an email saying I'd been rejected by VLM for no apparently valid reason image , and a brief but confused phone conversation, I now have the correct email confirming I'm officially Good For My Age image.