Run Britain & Power of 10

2»

Comments

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Stevie G -- In my previous post I put the word "thousand" in square brackets after the 100 but it appears to have disappeared.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

surrey - oops yeah, I did mean Maidenhead 10!
    Stevie - On a good day I'm a 1h30 HM runner - did a 70minute 10miler few weeks back..
    What I meant was I'd pay slightly more interest in Po10 if I was in the top 100!
    Although by age group I probably make top 100 in some of the daft track and field I get roped into at the vets league (steeplechase,triple jump...). But thats probably because there are only 101 of us doing them!

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Apart from the mystical handicap calculation, the thing I don't understand most of all is - what's the point?  I mean, what is the point in having a handicap when there are no handicap events to compete in (unless I'm missing something) to, in theory, compete on a level playing field?

I won some headphones last year image  - but they didn't last very long image so I'm glad I didn't pay £30 for them!

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Tenjiso, the handicap on Run Britain just seems to be another way of giving you a ranking position, whereas power of 10 just does it on individual events.

Fair enough Dustin. A terrific runner who has represented Britain at HM and smashed all the local races round our way barely got into the top 100 for a couple of distances. That's when i realised how high quality the top 100 is!  (50min 10miler, 30min 10k man)

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

Tenjiso, the handicap on Run Britain just seems to be another way of giving you a ranking position...

Which means it's just another way of reminding me how carp* I am. image

*typo 

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

It could also show if you are improving, as your handicap will change.  But you'd know if you're improving...

So, it's another way for competitive folk to out-do their club-mates/rivals, friends and family?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

those competitive folk eh Wikie! It's a race against yourself right image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

One of my club mates was put out to find that his mother has a Po10 ranking, and he doesn't image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

It'll probably be easier for her to get a ranking in fairness, but he's got no excuse if he wants one..put the training in!