So, what's next

Comments

• That's very sad, I hope you all do really well and good luck with the fund-raising.  Have you all got a sponsorship page?

• VLM - no thanks - never ever....not even if I get GFA...

The more I run in the wilds, the less I want to run in crowds... I'm doing Abingdon with the group for a reason...and it's that reason that will keep me going, not a bunch of cheering people saying "not far now" when we've only covered 5 miles!

There's only 50 odd entries at UTPD - perfect... solitude, me against the course....if I run with somebody for a while - great, if I don't - also great.

My happiest runs have been me and one other, through fields, away from "life" - that's why I run...

• Rosemary here is the sponsoship page.. the group running are made up of myself, Rocker, and the others are from littlebitfurther page...Ecky is such a lovely wonderful  lady and does tireless work for her sons charity that she is patron of now...Cameron was born 2006 and in 2007 they discovered he had HLH a rare life threatning blood disorder, he was admitted the next day and began treatment. his older brother (only 5years old then) donated bone marrow to help save him but after  only 6 months he lost his fight...we wat to raise as much as we can from Abingdons run for themimage

...virginmoneygiving.com/team/cakerunnersathleticsclub

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭
    loulabell wrote (see)

Rosemary here is the sponsoship page.. the group running are made up of myself, Rocker, and the others are from littlebitfurther page...Ecky is such a lovely wonderful  lady and does tireless work for her sons charity that she is patron of now...Cameron was born 2006 and in 2007 they discovered he had HLH a rare life threatning blood disorder, he was admitted the next day and began treatment. his older brother (only 5years old then) donated bone marrow to help save him but after  only 6 months he lost his fight...we wat to raise as much as we can from Abingdons run for themimage

...virginmoneygiving.com/team/cakerunnersathleticsclub

Wow. I can't imagine having that discussion with a 5 year old child, or being the child.

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭

Lou - The link doesn't seem to work for me?

• WIB - copy and paste it into the google searchbar and it comes up for me?

• it doeeeeeeeees WIB...ok put, UK in front of it then try

• it doesnt work if you click on it coz im not that good at doing those thingsimage

• WIB, i know, a brave little soul to donate to his baby brother , he must have been in pain at times also .

• What next?

Well I've got High Peak 40 in a couple of weeks. Third go at this one so might get my pacing right this year. And after UTLD50 feeling good to get closer to 7 hours. Then the Red Bull Steeplechase at the beginning of October.

The small matter of organising The Dukeries Dusk into Dark in October.....

Probably a quiet couple of months then start the year well with Hardmoors 30 on New Years day.

Next year I'm thinking of getting back to triathlons, but nothing above middle distance. A couple of trail ultras. Would like to go faster at the Lakeland 50. Maybe a small road marathon.

And I may even drag myself out of bed on a Saturday and finally get to some parkruns!
  • Lou, that's heart breaking and what a very special brother Cameron had.  I can't get the link to work at the moment, possibly the site is down for maintenance, but I will certainly keep trying.  If I wasn't doing the Great Yarmouth mara that day, I'd come along and join you.

• WIB i have a spare number for this year beachy head my wife cant run it due to illnes that just wont clear up. I live in eastbourne so its my roll out of bed marathon image
  • Rosemary that would have been lovely to have you there tooimage and late apologies for not getting to talk to you more at NDW( shhhhh, not supposed to be mentioning that anymoreimageLirish will arrest me)......

....but *whisper*...are you doing NDW50 again next year Rosemary?image

• Lou! I'm watching you!
  • image*hides behind nearest tall person.....so thats anyone*

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭

Lingster just seen this... Would love to do it but its only a week after I race Caesars camp 50 unfortunately image

• at the risk of getting told off againimage....does anyone know roughly when NDW 2013 entries open...

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭

I would imagine they open at some point loulabell. Not sure when that point is. SDW enties open soon!!!

• same time then maybe...

• Lou, likewise I wish we'd been able to chat properly, but we should be able to rectify that at the Christmas Fatass!  Not sure about doing NDW again next year.  I really enjoyed it, but I also quite fancy doing The Wall and a couple of multi-day events.  

• Me again, Lou. I am still trying to get that link to Cakerunners working, with no joy - would you mind posting the full thing please, in case I am entering something wrong?  Have tried adding UK prefix with no luck.

• Hi Rosemary

If you just copy and paste exactly what Lou wrote into a Google search box it brings up the exact place to goto as the first search result image

• I suppose I ought to post my what's next - even though I didn't actually run it!

Most pressingly it's helping out at Lakeland Trails this weekend, then meeting up with Lou for a nice run on the Ridgeway next weekend. After that it's Abingdon Marathon as part of the group, then Lou and I are doing the Druid's Day 1, Winter Tanners and Thames Trot...oh, and NDW - we'll fill in the rest of the blanks later!

Must admit Fellsman is tempting though... and I quite fancy trying to improve my time for a solo Yorkshire 3 Peaks... UTPD next year will be too close to NDW50 but i'll probably head up there and help out for the weekend instead...

• WiBWiB ✭✭✭

Sounds good dude!... Fellsman is a bit of a beast from what I understand but looks brilliant!

Was UTPD self navigating?

• Yes, I've heard Fellsman is VERY hard, so I may leave it til the following year... I have to remind myself that there are more races than there is time...or ability!

Yes, apart from about 6m at the start and a couple of miles at the end where we picked up signs from the other races it was all self nav'ed, with 20 checkpoints to hit.
  • yes Rosemary, the christmas fatass(not mine i hopeimage)...where are we planning on???

• Got the Ladybower 50 at the end of Sept,Dukeries dusk to dark in Oct,After that not sure,but next year looking at do some of the Hardmoors series [30,55],Have also thought of doing the Fellsman,Mighnt also go back to doing a couple of Triathlons,as i go up a age group,and want to do the Outlaw Ironman.