It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I have somehow had an epiphany and want to try a triathlon - I have a racing bike, local pool and have run a number of marathons in the past and what the hell I'd like to try something different!
Some questions if you can help please......
1. Average cost of triathlons -seems to range from £35 upwards, what is the average cost?
2. Do I need any extra insurance, triathlon being presumably a hazardous activity?
3. Will running shoes and toe clips be ok to start with? (bike is a raleigh record sprint)
4. Are there any triathlon races that are particularly beginner friendly?
5. Is there any book you would recommend for beginners that outlines the basics?
Any help on these questions would be much appreciated -ta for looking!