NEW Beginners Running Sessions

Over the past few years, Lichfield Running Club have held novice running sessions twice a year aimed at people who could already run a couple of miles but wanted to take it further.  These courses have proven to be very popular and we have seen many of the novices going on to compete in 5km, 10km and even half marathon races!

We will be running the course again this year but we will also be running additional sessions to COMPLETE BEGINNERS!

COMPLETE BEGINNERS – 10 WEEK COURSE - £1 PER WEEK

The aim of the course is to provide a welcoming platform for people who feel they would like to give running a go and will help you to go from zero to 5km (maybe more) in just 10 weeks.

The course will start on Wednesday 26th September at 6.30pm, from Saxon Hill School, Lichfield.

Contact Cass Jackson on 01543 433015 or Antony Prichard on 07804 696091 or email running@lichfield-running-club.co.uk.

NOVICE RUNNERS – 6 WEEK COURSE - £1 PER WEEK

If you feel you are no longer a total beginner and can currently run/jog approximately 3 miles come along to our novice running sessions and we will help you to progress to the next level.  During the 6 week sessions we will take you through specifically tailored training sessions which will help you to build speed, distance and stamina.

The first session will be held on Wednesday 26th September at 6.30pm, from Saxon Hill School, Lichfield and the following 5 sessions will start at 7.30pm.

Contact Julia Woodward on 07971 805468 or Alan Pritchard on 07954 995799 or email running@lichfield-running-club.co.uk.

There's no commitment required and the sessions cost just £1 per week but we do require you to wear reflective clothing i.e. running bib.  These sessions are for anyone 18 years of age or over.

Comments

• Hi, I wonder if you can help me out? I amthinking about doing the Lichfield half marathon, is it you that I need tospeak to?

Also, I have heard rumors that it is quite a tough race, so much so that I heard that a female runner actually threw up on the finish line, projectile vomiting over 3 marshalls, just wondered........